Extreme bladder pain and leaking ~ anyone else? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Extreme bladder pain and leaking ~ anyone else? Extreme bladder pain and leaking ~ anyone else?

Unread 12-23-2007, 10:34 PM
Extreme bladder pain and leaking ~ anyone else?

I got a call from my doc's office - NO bladder infection! I started crying hysterically. I thought atleast if it was an infection I could take an antibiotic and make the pain go away. So, I asked the doc what to do now and she said "just wait it out, it's just the healing process." So tell me, is everyone leaking urine constantly w/ extreme pain when trying to empty the bladder? I have so much abdominal pressure it sometimes feels like I'm going to blow at my belly button. It wasn't my doc that I spoke with, it was some other doctor in the practice, she spoke to me like I was 10 years old, I wanted to scream!!! I'm getting so irritated from having a wet "diaper" all the time, next thing you know I'm going to have a yeast infection...!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-24-2007, 03:23 PM

crystalgcolsher

I'm so sorry you're experiencing this.

There are some ladies who have had similar problems and I hope they'll be along soon to share. In the meantime, if you try a "forum search" (click right, on the second purple bar down, on the main page of this forum) you'll find plenty of posts to read through. You may also find this HS article <link> Bladder Spasms helpful.

If it doesn't improve, perhaps you could make an appointment to see your doctor? I hope you're feeling alot better, very soon.

Unread 12-24-2007, 05:01 PM

I had the same thing and yes, it is fairly common. I was treated first for a UTI with one medication and when it did not clear up my other doctor did another urine specimen and put me on an ever stronger antibiotic which waiting for the urine culture. I did not have any kind of UTI so none of the medication did any good. I just had to suffer with the leaking and the pain, and it gradually got better. Probably started several weeks after surgery, and was finally gone a month later. I really thought it was never going to end. Even tho it hurts to go, try and really drink a lot of water and other fluids and it will help it get better sooner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-24-2007, 05:43 PM

I don't have extreme pain but I am dealing with the leakage. Dr gave me Ditropan to help with the bladder spasms. I've been on the meds for a month and they have not stopped. Cutting out caffine has helped a little but I still can not walk any distance without leaking. Sitting or sleeping is not a problem. I picked up some Uzo at the store today and hope that gives me some added relief. Dr says that the bladder takes a lot of abuse during surgery and that I need to give it time to heal. It's been 2 months since surgery and I am getting frustrated. DH and DD want to go on vacation in February. I can not commit to going any where in this condition.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register