Hysterectomy dates Dec 24-Dec 31,2007 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 24-Dec 31,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 24-Dec 31,2007

Unread 12-24-2007, 12:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Dec 24-Dec 31,2007

If your hysterectomy was between Dec 24-Dec 31,2007 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns!

We hope you are recovering with plenty of rest and a bit of walking.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

Don't forget to pamper the princess, drink plenty of water and walk a bit!

How to use the Progress Report threads:
  • 1. This thread is for the purpose of your hysterectomy recovery progress report.
  • 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress.
  • 3. Remember to start a new thread to ask your questions.
  • 4. The Progress Report threads will be moved at approximately 8 weeks post-op to the Date Club forum inside the HysterSisters clubhouse.
  • 5. Remember all the love & support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in Pre-Op Forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of Women Helping Women!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2007, 09:20 AM
I'm home!

After waiting for six weeks to have DaVinci robotic total hysterectomy for endometrial cancer, it's over! Surgery took four hours on December 27th. I was back in my room and able to move about that evening. The doctor came to see me yesterday morning and said all my signs were good so he signed my release papers and sent me on my way home to recover. I see him in two weeks to go over the pathology report. I've had two previous C-Sections and this was so less painful. I'm tired and am dealing with the normal "gas" issues but other than that I can't believe the difference in this type of surgery. I will continue to up date you on my progress. This has been a wonderful resource for those going through a hysterectomy. I thank everyone for their support.
Unread 12-29-2007, 04:38 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 24-Dec 31,2007

I'm home. Things went well except I wasn't able to keep my ovaries. I think the endo had invaded everything. I've already started having some hot flashes. I've called the Dr because the pain isn't staying under control since I came home. I'm glad to be home and I'm sure everything else will get worked out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2007, 08:09 AM
LAVH and Home

Had my LAVH on 12/27. Came home on the 28th at about 4pm and spent the rest of the evening in bed, except for a small dinner. I did a bowel prep the day before surgery and was so delighted to have lost 5 lbs. Got on the scale this morning gained the 5 lbs back plus an additional 4
I am still taking my pain meds (percocet) every 4 hours and an advil every 6 hours. Also benedryl for the itchies. Not sure if I do have a lot of pain, because my doctor told me to stick to this plan until at least the 5th day.

The biggest issue is no BM yet. I think that if I am not successful today that I will take something tomorrow. I'v been walking around the house a lot, showering, primping and enjoying not having to cook.
Ms. Marci
Unread 12-30-2007, 08:44 PM

Had my laprascopic hysterectomy on Friday the 28th (kept the ovaries and cervix). Went home that afternoon and just stayed in bed. Today, Sunday, I think I did too much walking around. I have two boys (12 and 13) and I just wanted to be around the action. They cleaned the house like I asked, and my husband has been keeping the kitchen clean. Yay! But I feel huge from the bloating/gas and only a small bm to relieve the pressure. I can relate to the "feels like my insides are falling out" and it is so much like the c-sections from the boys that I'm amazed I was able to care for a baby way back then! I tried to avoid the Percocet today, but by 2 pm, I had to give in and take it. I hope stool softeners help soon. Maybe some really good chocolate would help (the house is full of it from Christmas gifts). I want/need to go grocery shopping so bad, but I know I can't do it yet. Guess the guys will have to eat out for a few more days, or get very crafty in the kitchen! There's no way I'm getting on the scale until I feel smaller. I peeked at one of the incisions near the belly button ... gross! Looks like I have two buttons now. I really thought I'd feel much better by now. Sure am glad I found the website to align me with the reality of what others are feeling. Thanks so much!

By the way, anybody else feel HUGE?
Unread 12-31-2007, 05:57 AM

Had surgery LAH (with overies) 28th a.m. Home Sunday early afternoon. Felt much better to be at home, finally getting some sleep. Not much pain at all, some soreness.
Starting to eat a bit more, walking alittle and definately taking it easy. My DH is doing everything and I feel pretty lucky. Breakfast and back to bed for a nap, I could get used to this. LOL
Unread 12-31-2007, 10:01 AM
open hysterectomy on 12/26

I came home on 12/29. I am feeling horrible today...the gas is awful. came on board to see if anyone knows what to do about constipation. Please help thanks
Unread 12-31-2007, 10:26 AM

I'm sorry you feel so bad. I've been taking Gas-X and it does help. They gave me stool softners in the hospital. Can you take something like that?
Unread 12-31-2007, 11:22 AM

had LAVH w/ davinci on 12/28/07, kept ovaries, tubes and cervix. Had surgery due to large fibroids and enlarged uterus. Surgery started late, at 5:00 p.m. did not get out of recovery until 9:00 p.m. Got to my room, sent the DH and DS home and told them to come the next day. At 8:00 a.m. 12/29, met with my Dr. She said the uterus was larger than when she delivered my son 14 years ago. I had to have an episotomey? and have several vaginal tears due to size of uterus. The hospital staff was great. Pain level was there overnight, but managed with pain meds(percocet) and Celebrex. DH and DS came on 12/29 around 1:00 p.m. and I was released to go home. No problem with urinating. GAS is terrible and no BM as of yet. I have been taking Miralax 1/2 doses twice a day since I got home. I also have been taking Phazyme for gas and finally passing some gas today. I am only taking my pain meds 2x a day instead of 4 and that is working fine for me. "Insides falling out" is a definate strange feeling. I move and wait for everything to catch up to my movement. I am walking, eating small meals, and finally gas releasing
Unread 12-31-2007, 11:35 AM

Feel better this morning. Had a bm at about 2 am (how convenient) and it really helped. Guess it was the water, stool softeners, and 2 little Dulcolax laxative pills. Very gentle. (Hope this helps you, Loinflo) Remember to drink lots of water.

I'm so tempted to go grocery shopping. Maybe I can take the boys and just ride around in a scooter pointing at things!

Had one Percocet at 7 am, and slept until 10:00! Best sleep I've had since the surgery. I'm hopeful today will be a big improvement.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register