Hysterectomy dates Dec 24-Dec 31,2007 - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 24-Dec 31,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 24-Dec 31,2007

Unread 12-31-2007, 05:26 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 24-Dec 31,2007

I had my TAH BSO 12/28 at 1pm. I got home 12/31 at 2pm. The endometriosis was so bad that everything had to go. My bowels and bladder also had to be scraped. No nicks on either organs.
Surgery took 1.5 hrs. I think I was back in my room by 4pm. Still very out of it and my O2 sats were low, so I had the dreaded nose blaster on. It is now dry and scabed from rubbing it in my sleep. I had the PCA with Dilaudid till Saturday night. Now taking Vicodin and Ibuprofen. They were going to let me go home yesturday, but I had passed no gas Despite MOM, and stool softners. Sunday night was the worst nausea, vomitted 1x. Then this blast of gas tried to work its way out for hours. Still no BM. My Dr. came in this morning and said I looked great. I will see him in six weeks.

I don't think my body knows it is missing any parts yet.

Best recovery wishes Sisters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2007, 07:40 PM

Today has been worse than the others. Pain Meds make me hyper so I've been on a high! I raised the lid to a chest last night and opened a window today. You don't realize how much something like that can hurt you until you do it. Needless to say I've felt crappy today. I'm not very good at doing nothing...this is going to be a long 6 weeks.
Unread 12-31-2007, 08:56 PM

Sorry you are not feeling well today Try to take it easy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-01-2008, 07:21 AM

Had LSH on 12/28 and was released 12/29 at 11:00 am. Slept most of Saturday and took it really easy on Sunday. After 2 rounds of stool softeners, finally had a BM Sunday night. Wow - was that a relief. Yesterday I spent 2 hours in front of the computer and I paid the price later in the day. I had stopped the Vicodin Sunday morning to help with the BM. Last night I broke down and took 2. I had a really good sleep.

My right side hurts way more than the left. The ob/gyn said that it was normal as that the left side was where the blade was in that chopped up the uterus, so there was much more going movement on the right side.

The LSH was preventative as I'm a BRCA2 carrier. Will get the pathology report back next week. The ob/gyn said that all looked clean!
Unread 01-01-2008, 10:11 AM
Home and Recovering

Hi everyone, I hope this finds all of you being pampered and doing well.

I had my TAH on Friday December 28th and also lost my ovaries. I was in surgery for 1 hour and 45 minutes. Unfortunaltey my O2 stats were awful low so I was in recovery for a little over two hours which made my family rather nervous. Friday durning the day we couldn't get ontop of the pain, so they finally put me on the morphine pump and would come in every ten minutes and push it for me. Finally slept through the night Friday and same home early Sunday afternoon. I've been doing a little walking and drinking plenty of water. I'm finally getting decent sleep, and have actually had two BM's ( who knew you would love to finally be able to do that first thing in the morning.) LOL !!

I am down to one percocet every four hours and one motrin every eight. Pain seems to be under controll most of the time, but I'm not allowed to come off of the pain plan ( doctor calls it ) until I see him on Thursday to have staples removed. I've had my husband on line lurking for me to keep up with everyone. I hope your all on the way to recovery and soon this will have all been a cake walk for us and made us all so much stronger and healthier...

Can't wait to hear from everyone...

Off to take my morning nap now, and eat some blackeyed peas.. Happy New Year everyone...

Sable
Unread 01-01-2008, 03:17 PM

Today is not a good day either. Yesterday was a little icky but today I'm finding difficult. I've got a low grade temp so I know that is part of my problem. My DH and DS have been home with me since I had surgery. DH goes back to work tomorrow and DS will go to my mom's. Maybe a little change tomorrow will help. I'm not someone who likes to be stuck at home. I'll take any suggestions anyone has. It's going to be a long 6 weeks at this rate!

I hope everyone else is doing great.
Unread 01-01-2008, 04:21 PM

well, this is my first time on the computer since coming home. TVH on the 28th, had quite a bit of nausea so stayed in through 30th. came home so I could get some sleep (Noisy roommate!) sinuses are killing me, the percocet is keeping the surgery pain under control, but my head feels like it's going to explode and the drainage is adding to the nausea. getting ready to google drug interactions. My whole digestive track feels backed up. Don't want to eat because it fells like last night's dinner is still in the stomach. but overall, the surgery went really well. I just fell like raw compost becasue of all the other nagging things.
Unread 01-01-2008, 07:13 PM

Bummer, BlueKitty. I hope you start to feel better soon. I, too, am constipated, and have had only a little relief. I'm drinking water all the time now (carry my "bah-bah" around with me). I'm going to eat oatmeal and fruit for breakfast tomorrow, and keep taking the stool softeners. I walked quite a bit today, so maybe that will help. I wish I had my old maternity belt to support my "swelly-belly" as it hurts to let it just hang.

Sure glad I have my trusty Eddie Bauer sweat pants!

When can I take a hot bath? I've had showers, but a bath sounds like it would feel really good.

-j
Unread 01-02-2008, 12:24 AM

Today was post op day #4 for me. I am actually getting around pretty good. I can stand up straight and walk most of the time. The first half was nice other than being up @ 4:30 am and finally laying back down @ 7am to sleep till 10am. I have been awake since then I made the mistake of taking Dulcolax around noon. I have had 3 BMs( I only wanted one Sisters) My intestinal track has been doing flip flops for hours. If you are sensitive to laxatives I don't suggest the dulcolax. I also ended up with heartburn, nauesa and vomitting. Nothing like standing in the kitchen looking at the sink full of dishes and heading for the kitchen garbage can. There I am holding my abominal incision with one hand my privates with the other and a lid that kept falling on my head. Gheesh I guess nothing is private after this ordeal. All while DH ran to get pillow and pot.
My DH has been an Angel since I have come home. He has to go back to work tomorrow My Mom got here this evening after a 12 hr drive, so now she will get to take care of me.
Hope everyone has a better day tomorrow.

Unread 01-02-2008, 07:05 AM

Lubmyabs, Sorry you had such a bad day. That had to be awful.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register