Hysterectomy dates Dec 24-Dec 31,2007 - Page 20 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 24-Dec 31,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 24-Dec 31,2007

Unread 01-25-2008, 10:06 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 24-Dec 31,2007

Hello! I havent checked in for a while and just finished catching up on the posts. Glad to hear the hematomas and infections seem to be under control, as well as the restless legs. rjstanto even braved the DEED! YOU GO GIRL! I would too (NOT) but havent been cleared by MD. Im too chicken....I still feel like a cracked egg. All has healed well, plumbing is not an issue and tylenol is rare.
My issue is getting my hemoglobin up to a 9. I feel drained and my olive complection is pale to yellow. Its been a chronic issue and the stupid iron, B 12 and C vit are doing a number on my stomach. I take it in the evening on a full stomach but Im awakened by 0200 by stomach cramps and loose stools. I have an appointment with a hematologist next week. I hope she has her magic wand. When I return to work I want to have more energy then my ICU patients, RIGHT?
Well, take care all and thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences with me. It makes me feel....normal.
EHUG>>>EHUG>>>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2008, 11:02 AM

Necrotic 1 wrote: "My issue is getting my hemoglobin up to a 9. I feel drained and my olive complection is pale to yellow. Its been a chronic issue and the stupid iron, B 12 and C vit are doing a number on my stomach. I take it in the evening on a full stomach but Im awakened by 0200 by stomach cramps and loose stools."

Hi Necrotic, I had the same problem with my iron supplement before my surgery when I was so anemic. I just couldn't take the stuff the doctor gave me, so he gave me a liquid formula, and it did the same thing, my stomach just couldn't tolerate it. I finally got a liquid formula from the health food store called Floradix Iron. It didn't bother my stomach at all, and it actually tasts good. It only provides 100% of RDA of iron, but for me that was enough and I was no longer anemic after a few weeks. I hope your appointment with the hematologist goes well. It suck being so tired from anemia. I am a teacher and need my full energy back too before I get back to work!
Unread 01-25-2008, 11:43 AM

Oops! I just realized that the message about feeling down and emotional was intended for rjstanto. Sorry about that. I am blaming the hormones. Here it goes again:

Hi rjstanto,

I have the same feelings. In fact, I cry with the commercials and the news and with I Love Lucy! I feel so pathetic! But it is all part of the hormone imbalance. It will get better!

Here is a big
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2008, 11:56 AM

> My issue is getting my hemoglobin up to a 9. I feel drained and my olive complection is pale to yellow. Its been a chronic issue and the stupid iron, B 12 and C vit are doing a number on my stomach. I take it in the evening on a full stomach but Im awakened by 0200 by stomach cramps and loose stools. I have an appointment with a hematologist next week. I hope she has her magic wand. When I return to work I want to have more energy then my ICU patients, RIGHT?

Hi necrotic1,

I also struggle with chronic anemia. Before surgery I had to have three of iron infusions; for each one I had to seat hooked to an IV for four hours. I was on Iron Supplements for nine months, but the treatment did not correct the anemia and my ferritin levels were still extremely low. The last iron IV session restored my iron reserves and I was able to avoid a blood transfusion during surgery.

I saw my hematologist last Monday, but he did not prescribe iron. He wanted to wait until my next check up on February 16 to see if I am able to absorb iron from foods. Otherwise, I will be back on the iron treatment. Yuck! I feel your pain.

Take good care!
Unread 01-25-2008, 01:17 PM

Thanks Lovely Bubbly. I know it will get better. I think it is also difficult for those of us who are used to being busy at work and othr social activities to find our scheduled curtailed by a need to rest and recuperate. Just because our bodies need the rest doesn't mean our minds like the comparative inactivity. Although I am stronger everyday, I still need bedrest a couple times a day, and can't seem to physically handle an outing that lasts more than three hours. Those of us who had setbacks due to infections are just taking alittle longer to heal than we would like, but we are all seeming to show steady improvement. We just have to be patient with ourselves!
Unread 01-25-2008, 05:50 PM

Thanks rjstanto and lovelyBubbly for your anemia input. I will check out the Floradix Iron; I need a good nights sleep! My ferritin level is a wopping 4 and no one has bothered to treat it. The GI guy treats the irritated but NOT BLEEDING stomach. The GYN takes me to the OR with a Hgb of 8, removes the necrotic fibroid monster and hugely over grown uterus without spilling a drop of blood (he's so proud). The Cardiologist treats the chest pain which is not cardiac related and clearly he is off the hook. Its due to anemia or possibly GERD...and they hope the other treats the severe anemia. OFF my soap box....
OK so now I have the hematologist to deal with the iron def. anemia. Finally, this will be the end of the saga and I will pink up, have energy, take off my many layers of clothes here in the Gulf of Mexico and let my tongue heal and be able to eat and brush my teeth without discomfort.

ITS OUT OF MY SYSTEM NOW....REALLY.....
Good night ladies. Have a great weekend!
Unread 01-26-2008, 06:32 PM

necrotic ~ I hope you're doing better. Sometimes you have to vent I envy you living on the Gulf of Mexico....It's been below zero in Indiana. Brrrr..I hate it.
Unread 01-26-2008, 08:33 PM

Yesterday was 4 wks. I was doing very well but now the last few days I've been sneezing like crazy and then 2 days ago, my daughter was falling of the chair and my reflex was to grab and pull her up and I felt pain on the right side. Today there is a hard bump under my incision on that side. It hurts just a little. Should I worry about this? Is that what a hernia feels like? I see my dr this week but I'm worried about it. Will it go away on it's own? Ug..I hate having a setback.
Unread 01-27-2008, 05:54 AM

Well had the 4 wk. (that went fast) appt. She said all was good and the swelling will go down in time. No treadmill till 6 wk., but I could do stairs. Since I have not been bending at the waist (when I remember), I have been doing the squating thing. Then I went up and down the basement stairs twice, my legs are sore. Short, mild flashes wake me up sometimes, but not bad enough to do anything yet. I went with my DH to do some errands and it was really nice, we were out for about 6 hours. In and out of the truck about 3 times and walking arounds has me alittle muscle sore, but a good sore. After sitting around for 4 weeks tends to get those muscles lazy. My mind wants to go go go, but I still know my bodys needs slow slow slow. I don't thinks it's really sunk in yet that I will have "no more periods". Wow, so worth it.
Hope everyone is doing good and getting better everyday.
Have a great Sunday.
TAH/BSO
Unread 01-27-2008, 12:11 PM

> Today there is a hard bump under my incision on that side. It hurts just a little. Should I worry about this? Is that what a hernia feels like? I see my dr this week but I'm worried about it.

HI Littledanceck:
I don't know what a hernia feels like, but if you are worried about having one, I would call the dr even if I was scheduled to see him. It is better to be safe than sorry.
Have a bless Sunday.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register