Hysterectomy dates Dec 24-Dec 31,2007 - Page 23 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 24-Dec 31,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 24-Dec 31,2007

Unread 01-30-2008, 10:36 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 24-Dec 31,2007

>They are in need of me right now but I know I need one more week.

Hi Christine! It will all get better! Yes, you need that extra week; otherwise, you will not heal properly. They need to understand that it is better for you to get completely well than having to take more time off to recover from overdoing. I can't imagine the pressure you most have as assistant manager of a bank. Maybe your Dr will help with making sure that they do not put too much pressure at work. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2008, 10:50 AM

Necrotic1,

I know the stomach flap you are talking about. I have had one ever since I had my C-secton in October of 2006. It will get smaller on it's own after time. But I would suggest working out, it will probably help alot. I am not much of a work out person (just take my 15 mo old for walks) but I am sure that if I would have been exerciseing all this time, it would be completley gone. Good luck. I hope it goes away for you!
Unread 01-30-2008, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeckel201
Abs...I was wondering about you. I hope your DS is ok and that pain in your arm goes away.

I'm helping at DS preschool today...Just getting ready and getting out the house before 8:30 is going to be a challenge. LOL I don't know how I'll be able to do it for work. I kind of like staying up late and sleeping in
Thank you for the thoughts jeckel201. We are hanging in there He did go to school for half the day on Tuesday. That crazy boy! I think it wore him out, and DH, and my Mom and I all explained that he did not need an infection on top of all of this. He didn't go today, but he did work on his homework.
Hope that you made it out and had a good time at your DS school.
I am going to work tomorrow just to do a color. I am a little worried as today I seem to have been sore. Not in my incision or tummy, but my body. I don't think that vacuuming for 10 minutes could cause that.
I did go out with my DH to train the dogs tonight. I really really miss training I could handle my female out there, but my male is a little too young to have the control my female does. I am going to go out Friday night, and hope that someone else in my club will be able to help. DH will be at work. I never really thought about the muscle or energy it took to train until tonight lol. My poor DH suffers for days after training due to the Chemo. I will be so happy when we are all back to healed and healthy.

Best Wishes and Happy Healing to all of my Sisters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2008, 07:45 AM

>I will be so happy when we are all back to healed and healthy.

And you will! I hope you have fun training your dogs on Friday and that someone will immediately volunteer to help you.
Maybe if you get some rest today you won't feel so sore.
Have a restful day!
Unread 01-31-2008, 08:05 AM

My DR didn't say to do anything for the hematoma and I haven't had any bleeding (at all since surgery). The bump is much smaller and no more pain. Tomorrow is 5 wks and I am going to try again for a few hours at work tomorrow night. It should go better without the hematoma pain.
I am frustrated because DH and I got in a little argument last night over housework and everything. He's a huge help since surgery but last night I got panicky about going back to work and took it out on him. He's generally a messy guy and I know I won't have the energy to work and take care of the house myself. How do you get them to pick up their own clothes and throw in laundry basket? Seriously, it's been 11 years and he still can't do it. I guess I should accept that I can't change him at this point. He has his strong points. Takes care of our yard (its big), wonderful with the kids, helps with dinner and cleaning floors....he just can't pick up his stuff...ug. I think when I'm stressed, I like my house clean. It makes me feel like something is under control and my life isn't total chaos. hmmm...does that make sense?
Here's the funny part. The father in law who has been cleaning and helping me here is my husbands father! The apple fell far from the tree! lol..oh well..he's a very good man.
Sorry to go on and on. We went to sleep angry and he left for work before I got up. I hate that.
oops...I have a confession. The floors needed sweeping today and I knew I couldn't do that so I put the vacuum on "bare floor" setting and used that on the tile. It's much easier than carpet so I don't think it was too hard for me. It went well, no pain...and the floors look better.
Counting the days til 6 wk appt next thursday!
oh..one more thing. As I heal, more and more, I have this urge to stretch my stomach muscles...kinda like a big morning stretch. I do it gently and not too far and it feels very good. I think it's probably good for them to do it carefully and get the blood flowing there.
Take care everyone!
Unread 01-31-2008, 11:06 AM

Hello everyone!!

I've been sweeping the floors a little at a time for a couple of weeks. I only use a broom and not the vacuum. It's been going ok as long as I don't do a lot at once.

I've been having lower back aches. I'm not for sure what all of that is about. I have a cold that's been kickin' my butt. Hmmmm my back probably hurts from coughing.

Trying to keep DS entertained and I lifted a big tote of Lego's today. Dang! Who would have thought they weighed very much. For a bunch of dumb little blocks they were Heavy!! I ended up dragging the tote. Did I mention that yesterday my washer slipped off it's platform and I started shoving on it and it was full of water No wonder my left side has been hurting today. I've got to be a good girl!

We are bracing for a big snow storm.... Glad I don't have to go anywhere.
Abs~ you're dealing with a lot. I'll be praying for you and your family.
Unread 01-31-2008, 11:35 AM

Amen to getting all healed and back to our lives. Back to work for me in 1.5 wks. YUK.
We are also suppose to get a bunch of snow, it's started already. As long as I don't think about the snowmobiles sitting in the garage, I'll be alright.
Abs, what are you training dogs for? Birds? Sounds like alot of work, but it's very rewarding.
Now that I can go up and down stairs, I'm washing clothes.
I never thought I'd like that chore, but it's not bad.
Really don't like doing floors, so that's going to wait.
Till later, hope everyone's doing ok.
Unread 01-31-2008, 06:51 PM
surgery on 12/28/07

I had my LAVH on 12/28/07 and I'm still not feeling so great. My bladder was torn during the surgery, and I ended up being under for 6 1/2 hours. I stayed in the hospital for 6 days and had a catheter in for 12 days. I have 3 kids under 7, which makes it tough to be in bed 24/7. I do have help here, that is nice. It still hurts to do the stairs, which I try to limit to once a day. I am on Vicodin and Urelle for the bladder pain and spasms. I am having night sweats (still have my ovaries), and I can't seem to sleep at all at night time. I'm usually up till 4 a.m., and then I'm a zombie the next day! I got out of bed too fast last night and pulled something near my bladder. Now I feel like I have been hit by a truck. My oldest turns 7 tomorrow and it was difficult trying to plan a party and get presents in a wheel chair! I still can't even drive!!! It is so frustrating because I thought I would be a bit further in the recovery department. They are now telling me 2-3 more weeks and I don't have to see my uro. for 3 months. I feel lost and helpless!!
Unread 01-31-2008, 08:04 PM

Thanks Lovelybuddy your are very good sister, all your thoughts have really been helpful and kind.

MallQueen sorry to hear hope it gets better and dont forget to ask for help with the kids that can be a set back itself if you over do it being mom.

MY DH has been great and I have a 17 yr old who has done wonders with house and clothes so I am grateful for that.
But he is starting to get burn out.

Have a great friday Christine :dance2:
Unread 01-31-2008, 08:33 PM

Thank you for your kind words. I think everyone is getting burned out at this point. And that is making me feel a bit guilty. And I keep having to remind myself that it was a doctor's mistake that is prolonging my recovery, and not something that I did.
My mom has been a great deal of help with my kids and the parents at my children's school have been sending meals. You just get to the point that enough is enough!
You take care of yourself too!!
~Stephenie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register