Hysterectomy dates Dec 24-Dec 31,2007 - Page 24 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 24-Dec 31,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 24-Dec 31,2007

Unread 01-31-2008, 11:17 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 24-Dec 31,2007

I go to the doctor tomorrow for a checkup. Not sure if he is doing a physical or not. He hasn't done one yet. I have one more appointment on the 12th so I am hoping not this time.

I'm on my 5th week and my stomach is still a little sore and my back hurts. I also have an inverted disc so that might be the cause. I still don't have much energy and I get tired easy. The only chores I have been doing is laundry and putting dishes in the dishwasher. I've gotten the hubby and kids to sweep and vaccum. I really need to mop my floors but don't feel like doing it. I have also forgotten to not lift things. Last week my husband had started my daughter's bath and he left to get her a towel. Out of habit, I lifted her into the tub. My husband came back and was like what did you do? It didn't even dawn on me that I had done it until he said something. Then today, I lifted a basket of laundry without thinking. I'll be so glad when things get back to normal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-01-2008, 08:06 AM

Hello sisters,

I think we all are in the same boat as far as being tired of taking it "easy".

Littledanceck, I love your honesty. I am sure your husband understands the fact that it is a lot easier to take our frustrations on those that are closest to us. He seems to be a great guy in spite of being messy :-) Besides, you have your father-in-law So, it will be okay. One day at a time. He is probably frustrated that he cannot be tidier.

I have been doing laundry, that is: I carry two items at a time to the washer, once it is filled up, I run it. Then, I wait for DearDaughter or DH to take the wet clothes to the dryer. When they are dry, they bring them to me so I can help with folding. I have been picking up light objects such as hot-wheel cars, magazines, army toys, clothes, etc. from the floor when nobody is washing because my family thinks I am handicapped for life and they want to ensure that I healed properly Because I also want my home spotless clean, I paid a cleaning lady to do the job. It was expensive, but worthy to settle my nerves and to feel that things were getting under control.

I cannot complain about DH. Since my surgery, he has adopted the roll of Mr. Mom 24/7. He is really an awesome guy! We have been married fourteen years. On top of working his full time job, he cooks breakfast, dinner, take care of the kids, cares for me, and assures me that I look beautiful everyday when I said that I look horrible. Deardaughter (13) has controlled her teenage hormonal tantrums to become the assistant housekeeper. She comes home from school to do dishes and makes sure that DS (9) is doing homework and has his afternoon snack. I am in chock! She is awesome too, but still a teenager. My Mother-in-Law has always been there for me, although she lives seven hours away. She is here this weekend, so I am excited. I have had the best friends from church and work who have provided meals and helped with shuttling the kids to and from school and some of their activities. I don't have any family near me. In fact, they are all very far away. My mother passed away years ago and I did not grow up with my father. My brother lives out of the country, so we are all scattered. I have learned to ask for help because it is very difficult to do it on your own.But the second best thing, besides my immediate family, is having all of you there to listen and share your lives. Although, we might never get to know each other personally.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, that your pain get easier each day, that the blizzards you are expecting will not be as harsh as predicted, and that you find the time to pamper and love yourselves cause you are worth it.

Unread 02-01-2008, 06:31 PM

LovelyBubbly, you are sound like such a wonderful person. Thank you for the kind words you share with us all. I know this is a tough time for most everyone right now. My pain is still really bad on one side and my doctor wants to refer me to surgeon. I'm not ready to go under quite yet. I think I'll give it till Spring break and then go if I'm not improving.

Have a great weekend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-01-2008, 09:08 PM

Lovely~ You are so positive. I should also invest in a cleaning lady. The only problem is I would clean house before she came

We missed the big snow...we only got about 1/2 of what was expected. Woohoo. I spent the day inside sorting Lego's. LOL I ran out of ziplock baggies and filled a tackle box. DS is great at mixing them up. grrrr....

After my shower tonight I was so excited.... I put on REAL panties!! Not granny panties. I'll see how it goes. I might have to go back to the grannies, but at least I'm giving it a shot.

zp~ I'm sorry you're still in pain. That would stink. Hopefully it will go away. I had my gallbladder removed last February, and then the hyster in December. I know what it's like to deal with one at a time.
Unread 02-03-2008, 12:40 PM

Good Morning or Afternoon Sisters. Happy Super Bowl Sunday from AZ.
Sorry for the delay in a update. I am very excited that we are all comming up on our 6 week soon
The Hot Flashes and Night Sweats are killing me!

I went into work Thurs, Fri, and Sat. Not too bad just a little tired afterward. No pain from the Hyster at this point.

On the other hand the pinched nerve in my left arm is killing me today. I did go to the Chiroprator on Thurs. and Fri. and it seemed to help. I go back tomorrow and I can't wait. He also wants me to take 1500 mg Calcium Citrate and 500 mg Magnesium Citrate a day. He said they act as a natural muscle relaxer. I got some OsCal last night so we shall see.

northbound I train my dogs in Schutzhund which is a 3 phase sport. Very time consuming, rewarding and frustrating at the same time. I didn't choose the easiest breed to take into this sport. Most use German Shepards or the Malinois. I chose to do this with my American Bulldogs. Feel free to google Schutzhund and you will see my passion.

MallQueen I hope that you are feeling better as the time goes by. Remember to be easy on yourself as everyone recovers at a different speed, and you did have a set back. Hope your 7 yr olds party went well. Thank goodness for Moms! Not sure what I would have done without mine.

tweety_bird76 I hope you get your Dr. issue worked out. Remember to take it easy and no lifting. Soon we will be back to normal.

LovelyBubbly Good for you on getting a cleaning lady! Money well spent. Good thing I am not a clean freak as I am still staring at the ceiling fan with major dust bunnies!
Again you have shown that you are such a sweet and poitive person! I am glad that your DD has stepped up and been a great help. Its not often that a 13 yr old would be willing to help so much. Even with your DS. This shows that she has been raised well. DHs that are understanding are so hard to come by. All of us Sisters that have these types are very blessed. So sorry that you lost your Mom, and your family is so far away. We are always here

zp101 I hope that your pain has lessened, and that you will not have to endure another surgery.

jeckel201 Thank you for the prayers for my family. My prayers are with you also.
Sorting legos sounds like so much fun. If I could get my DS to pack his up and give them away that would be great. He is 17 and he did not fall far from the tree LOL. I keep everything too sigh... Would you like some more legos I am so happy that the big snow missed you. I would not know what to do if it snowed at my house. I have never lived where it snows. Hope you were able to keep those Granny Panties in the drawer.

littledanceck I hope that you are on the mend now. I think our DHs understand our frustration. We go from doing it all, to doing nothing and not by choice. Hang in there! No one in our house makes their clothes to the basket either. I am trying to learn to pick my battles. I am not very good at that LOL. I have been sweeping the kitchen often. One of my pet peeves! I hope that I did not do any damage as I have never felt pain from it either.

Happy Healing Sisters and Cheers to our almost 6 weeks
Unread 02-03-2008, 10:43 PM

Hi I had my 5 weeks last friday & I see my surgeon this wednesday. I'm hoping he gives me the ok to resume 'everything'. It is the middle of summer 'down under' & I'm sick of looking at my swimming pool & not going in! After reading everyones notes I think my recovery has been great. I am back doing all house work, washing, hanging out etc, mopping blah blah. The only exercise I've been doing is taking our dog for a walk (short one at that). So I am looking forward to trying to do something with my stomach it is not looking to good. All things considered it is not too bad I guess. So to everyone who is still having a hard time of it, please take care of yourselves. As a dr of mine once said to me "without the mothers of this world everything would stop! So make sure you look after yourself" How true.
BSO LAVH 27-12-07
Unread 02-04-2008, 07:29 AM

Wow, Lucy middle of SUMMER. It is still amazing to me what the internet can do for us. I love it. We are in the middle of winter with 5" fresh snow last night ontop of 9" we had couple of days ago. Expecting alot more in the next few days, watching DH plow as we speak.
Abs- I checked out Schutzhung....WOW that sounds very challenging, but rewarding at the same time. I can understand you getting antsy to jump back into it.
Went to a S/Bowl get together at my cousins house yesterday, and I was the only one pulling for Eli, I wasn't ready to jump up and start doing the jig when they pulled it off. But I let them all know if I could I would be rubbing their noses in it. To top it all off: Insult to THEIR injuries, I won two squares on the pool (500 big ones).
I think having this TAH/BSO was changed my luck for the year, I'm suprised that my stomach doesn't hurt this morning from all the laughing I did. I was a good girl to, only drank water and didn't snack.
I'm not looking forward to going back to work on the 11th (nights), but I guess everyone has to get back into it eventually. YUK
So looking forward to getting back to excercising.
Best to everyone and have a great day.
Unread 02-04-2008, 10:30 AM

I am now in week 6 of my recovery and I have to say I am getting frustrated! I think I am just getting sick of not feeling good. I keep thinking I am feeling better (which I have come a long way) but still cannot do all of my regular dailey activities. I am working about 5 - 6 hours a day now and thought I might be able to go full time this week but now I am not so sure. I still can't wear antything but sweats, my regular pants make me too uncomfortable. I am tired of feeling like I look like a bum all of the time. I guess I just didn't think it would take this long to recover. Anyway, thanks for letting me vent my frustrations and I hope everybody is doing ok!
Unread 02-04-2008, 10:52 AM

dolphin..last time i was in to see my dr, i was complaining about my swelly belly and asking when it would go away. she got this kind smile on her face (which i imagine she's had to give every one of her post op patients) and said "christy, you're not just post op now, you're IMMEDIATE post op. be patient." I realized that it may seem like a long time to us but compared to what I had done, I'm doing ok. She told me to give 8-12 wks and I'd see more improvement. I have already actually. Sometimes it helps to have it put in perspective and just be patient.

I went back to work part time this past weekend. It was ok. had to take ibuprofen. Will be full time on wed night. I warned DH that when I put work back in my schedule, I will have to do much less at home. He was of course expecting that and will help out more. I won't be able to work a 12 hour shift and then take care of everything at home too.

Well..off to get things done.
Unread 02-05-2008, 06:49 AM

Hope is well on this Super Tuesday

I have my check up Thursday to get the go ahead for work Monday of course I will be back full time so I am alittle nervous about keeping things going at home and at work. Oh my fun is not over my Mother thinks he will not let me go back because of the bleeding and hematoma. So I have to go for another ct scan. I can say I am sick of going to the Doctor Appointments. I have had to go every week. My DH is getting frustrated because of the bleeding he thinks that it should have bleed out by now. And wants the Doc to fix it. And wont for sure get the go ahead for relations so that is not a good sign for him But I guess we will see.

Dolphin I am feeling it too, I ready to get fixed I was thinking this would help but at this point I am not so sure cant wait until I reach the point where I feel like I did a good thing.

I can wear my Dress pants for work but I am also uncomfortable for long periods in pants that are not loose.
All the problems before and this was supposed to be smooth sailing ya right . The Doc said surgery went so great it was after that it all fell apart.
Enough of that hope all has better days Thanks

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register