Hysterectomy dates Dec 24-Dec 31,2007 - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 24-Dec 31,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 24-Dec 31,2007

Unread 01-02-2008, 09:07 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 24-Dec 31,2007

I got tired of trying to hold my belly with my hands as I walked, so this morning cut the legs off an old pair of panty hose (saved the legs for storing onions!). Now it's just a stretchy tube I put on over my underwear and provides a bit of support. So far, so good!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2008, 12:42 PM
Recovering

I had a total hyst on 12/27 due to endometriosis, cysts on both ovaries and ovarian cancer in the family. (Just lost my Mom, 60 years old, in July). I am 41 and recovering okay, I think. I was sent home on the 30th. During surgery they had to call in a gen surgeon to separate my intestines that were engulfed in adhesions and stuck up behind my ribcage. Now they have slipped down to where they are supposed to be. They said no wonder I had diarrheal and constipation problems the past few years. I am slow moving but hope to feel better soon. I've started with night sweats already and then get cold fast. No other changes yet. Am not a candidate for HRT due to cancer gene (breast and ovarian) but all my results came back clear. Slow moving bowels, but they're moving. I am glad to have found this site.
Unread 01-02-2008, 01:43 PM

Thanks jeckel201
Dulcolax never again for me I am still reaping the non rewards of that one little pill. Can I have a new butt please and some soft wipies

1kwords Very creative

spiritdgurl welcome to the Best site ever. Sorry for the loss of your Mom that can not be easy. Glad you are home and on the road to recovery. Your case sounds very similar to mine. Minus the cancer history. Hope you are feeling better soon Glad that you have also come back clear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2008, 03:39 PM
Thrilled to be on the other side

Well, surgery was on December 26th and all went fantastic. I came home saturday and am one week post right now. My stay in the hospital was good thanks to the advice I got on this site. The gasx strips, lip balm, anti nausea request after anesthetic were miracle advice. I am so happy to be done. They said my exercise routine before made it so much better I only lost a little blood because of it. The better shape you go in, the better shape You come out I guess. I am able to move quite well and the pain is manageable. My biggest problem was finally having a bowel movement which I accomplished today and am so happy. It is hard not to get bored but I am so happy to be on the path to recovery. The best thing for me was a dvd player in the hospital as I did not sleep much at all and it passed the time a lot.

Thanks for all the support on this site!
Unread 01-02-2008, 03:43 PM

hi folks! I'm human again, at least at the moment. A little sinus medication and a nice trip to the bathroom (rapidly followed by 2 more once the floodgates were opened) and I feel less like a whiny pile of jello.

BTW, all I have taken is the colace and lots of water, but I've also tried to make high fiber choices in my eating. it doesn't help that all the hospital offered me to eat was rice, mashed potatoes and canned fruit -- note to self... ask for specifics when they say they can provide gluten-free meals.

Went up to the mall and walked a bit today. Had trouble keeping DH to my pace, though He tends to walk very swiftly in malls. And I wasn't even looking in windows, just going for a warm, dry, flat place to walk.

Since I'm still holding on to 10 pounds of water bloat, I don't think the pantyhose would be a good idea for me unless I had a size or two larger...
Unread 01-02-2008, 05:44 PM

It sounds as though most of us are having digestive issues. I know I am! They gave me a suppository before I left the hospital and I swear it still has me messed up. A&D ointment is good for sore bottoms

I think walking really helps. I tried to move around more today and my digestive issues were much less. I'm also getting bored. I get really depressed when I have to stay home during the winter. I'm to keep a positive attitude and enjoy myself.
Unread 01-02-2008, 05:49 PM

Spiritdgurl...I also shouldn't do HRT due to breast cancer in the family. I called my doctor and they upped my Prozac. He said that can help with the hot flashes. I'll give it a try because they are miserable.

I agree.. I've gotten so much helpful information from this website. It's nice to be able to talk with people that are going through the same thing.
Unread 01-02-2008, 08:54 PM

Well I had my surgery 12/27...went home the 29th....surgery was 1.5 hours they took my uterus and left ovary, doc said it was a mess in there...feel so much better now...to think I went through months of unnecessary pain makes me so angry...but that's another story...

I was on a pain pump the first 12 hours, then Percocet, which I still take....

I was up at 3AM after my surgery looking at seed catalogs with the nurses lol

I have been very tired, but getting stronger everyday....a little discharge now and then and of course, the lovely huge tummy...it is flat in the morning and by the end of the time look like I am ready to deliver...

Cooked a little last night and was quite happy with that...but it wore me out...lol

Have had 3 regular bm's in the AM...but it was dayysss before I did...stool softener and prunes did the trick...and lots of green tea.

Had my staples out today..that felt good actually, they were itching and starting to pull...
Unread 01-02-2008, 09:17 PM

So, about the pantyhose thing ... bad idea. I guess it would have been okay if I hadn't had to leave the house with the kids due to some plumbing work requring the water be shut off for about 5 hours (me, hoping for a bm and there's no water!). So we went to a little restaurant for lunch and as I was sitting there, my newly fashioned belly band rolled up like an old window shade and ended up around my waist. Fortunately, I carry a swiss army knife, and deftly cut the band from around my middle for sweet relief. The pantyhose legs, however, are filled with onions in the pantry. (put an onion in, tie a knot, put an onion in, tie a knot, onion, knot etc.).
Unread 01-02-2008, 10:07 PM

LOL Yep...the swelly belly band has often ended up looking like a rubberband around a sausage...good thing they sent me home with a heavy duty 12 inch wide belly binder...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register