Hysterectomy dates Dec 24-Dec 31,2007 - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 24-Dec 31,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 24-Dec 31,2007

Unread 01-07-2008, 02:50 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 24-Dec 31,2007

I am 10 days post op and hanging in there. My tail bone is hurting from laying around and being in the recliner
I am sore but not too sore. Get crampy now and then, but I think that is my intestines lol. Still spotting, but it is slowing down and getting a little darker. I think my inside stitches must be doing some healing. I am only experiencing occasional night sweats. All in all not too bad.
We are going to take my Mom to dinner this evening to thank her for coming out. She will be going home Wednesday Lets see how I hold up once she is gone, and I am home alone while DH is at work, and DS is at school.

Take care Sisters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2008, 03:26 PM

Drving again!!!!!!! Day 11 today, yesterday I drove for the first time - felt good. Did grocery shopping my 16 year old daughter pushed the trolly & did all the lifting. I'm pleased I'm doing so well. Take care everyone & be kind to yourselves.
Unread 01-07-2008, 05:03 PM
minor setback

Well, i ended up back in the hospital on Thursday with an internal infection and just got home again yesterday. I am a type 1 diabetic of 32 years and it was not that far fetched that this might happen to me. I am feeling a bit better now after days of IV antibiotics and 7 more days or oral. Just really nauseous and tired I guess. Really swollen too. Heartburn, trouble breathing and lots of night sweats to boot. Glad to be home again though and hoping for a better week.

maggie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2008, 05:54 PM

Maggie, I'm sorry to hear about your setback. I hope you're on the road to recovery. I've had lots of heartburn and gas, ugh!

I did waaay too much today. I've walked down the street to my Mom's and back twice today and had DS. I opened the garage door and pushed DS back to house because his powerwheels four wheeler battery went dead. Now I'm really tired and feel icky.

I have a tooth ache and have to be at the dentist at 8:30 in the morning. I just want to crawl into a hole and cry. Don't over do it girls!

Hope everyone is doing well.
Unread 01-07-2008, 08:41 PM
I made it!

I had my TAH, BSO on Dec. 27, 2007. I woke up with only pain from the catheter. After a couple of hours trying to deal with that, I asked my husband to pray for me and within 5 minutes the pain was gone and I rested comfortably the rest of the day! I had a rough night because of my blood pressure dropping really low (80s/50s) and I was vomiting. Turned out that nitropaste had been left on after surgery causing the low bp. My hemoglobin also went down to 8. They gave me two pints of blood and things got better.

I had definite ups and downs but went home on my 5th day feeling good. I was sure shocked though when I found that I had gained 25 pounds of fluid!!!!!!!!!

AFter being home now for one week, I have lost 10 of the 25 pounds. I am still fighting a little bit of nausea possibly caused from the iron I am taking for the anemia. Smells definitely irritate me.

My stapled incision looks great! I am having no pain! Metamucil and suppositories are my best friends! I go tomorrow to get my staples out.

I am thankful for all the info I read on this site prior to my surgery. I was prepared for a lot of things. Everyone is definitely different but we all need reassurance that all will be well. I am glad to be on the other side and getting better as the days go by.
Unread 01-07-2008, 08:54 PM
PCA after surgery

I forgot to mention the lovely PCA pump! It worked wonders. But when my blood pressure took a dive, they took my pump away. They at least did keep giving me toridol injections for pain.

I did get my PCA back after the blood transfusions sent my bp up.

And the nitropaste that was supposedly the cause of the low bp, was discovered by accident by a nurse helping me change my gown...the patch was under my right breast! Somebody dropped the ball in OR.

I am thankful for blood donors, observant nurses and sisters!
Unread 01-07-2008, 09:29 PM

I had a LAVH on 12/28 due to adenocarcinoma (severe dysplasia)cells in my cervix. I have been dealing with dysplasia since I was 15 and now am 34 so I am kind of glad to know I won't have to deal with it anymore. I have been feelig pretty good since the surgery but am having irritation and itching around my clitoris area. Anyone experience this? Doc doesn't think it is a bladder infection. Also, they gave me 9 days worth of narcotics for pain. I had to call today to get more because I had ran out and am still in enough pain I feel I need them. How long did you have to stay on the pain meds. I feel like I should be able to handle the pain better by now and am feeling like a wimp that I stil need the meds.
Glad everybody got through it. You are all in my prayers.
Unread 01-07-2008, 09:43 PM

Had my TAH on December 26. I'm feeling alot better already. Still get pretty sore sometimes but I'm okay. I'm also diabetic so the doctor was worried about that and the healing process but at my one week check up he said that I looked like I was at 3-4 weeks post op instead of one week. The gas was alot worse than this soreness. I had really bad gas for about two days. Thought I was going to die(really).It's still hard to sit in a chair for very long. I was only in the hospital for two days. When the doctor told me I could go home, I was shocked but he said that I didn't need to be there since I was improving so much. He said that everything went fine in the surgery. He removed everything and said that I only lost a little blood. He was also able to go through my c-section scar. I'm only taking one pain pill a day if I need it but most days I don't now. He put me on a patch for the hormones but I am having night sweats and the hot/cold thing during the day. I think I'm gonna see about getting some pills because this thing doesn't want to stay on after a shower. Good luck everyone!
Unread 01-08-2008, 09:34 AM

dolphin 28,
Don't feel bad. Everyone is different and heals differently. You can't compare yourself to anyone else. I, too, am still on pain meds. I have fibromyalgia on top of having the hyst., so I am in a different place with my healing. I'm trying hard not to feel like a whiner, but the ladies on this board have been wonderful at making everyone realize that everyone's experience is unique. Just know that you aren't alone!! Take care and pamper yourself!
Unread 01-08-2008, 02:22 PM
Out of my belly flowed rivers of???????

Oh, sisters! I went to have my staples out today (day 12) and thought everything was going great! My incision looked great, staples came out, still looked great. I sat up and fluid came gushing out of the site! It was really gross! The doc said that he needed to open it on up, which in my mind meant in OR....NOT...he proceeded to put his fingers in the incision and opened it up from top to bottom as my husband watched!!! I didn't realize that was happening cause it only stung a little. I was told by both of them NOT TO LOOK and I didn't! My husband did take pictures though so that later when I am brave........

The site is about 12 inches long, 4 inches deep and 3 inches wide from belly button to top of pubic line. I am a queen sized sister. They packed it with gauze, sponges and pads. He said that it would take 3-4 weeks to heal from the inside out with the help of a machine called a wound vac. The wound vac involves placing a sponge in the incision, hooking to a vac and drain cup...wearing it 22 hours a day. OUCH AND YUCK!!!

The surgeon assured me that is was not caused by anything that I did or did not do...and I would be fine. He said the fluid built up and had no place to go. A nurse will come out tomorrow to change the dressing and set up the machine. I think it has to be changed every other day.

Please pray for a quick healing and no infection.

I was blessed that is happened in the office and that no infection had already set in.

This sister needs some hugs!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register