Very tired & emotional, post-op 12-days | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Very tired & emotional, post-op 12-days Very tired & emotional, post-op 12-days

Unread 12-24-2007, 12:00 AM
Very tired & emotional, post-op 12-days

I had surgery on the 11th of Dec.-pain is mild to moderate now. Pain meds are on an as needed only basis. Doing some very very light house work. I get really tired, really easy and quite emotional at this point, is this normal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-24-2007, 12:32 AM

Yes completely normal, many have posted threads about fatigue and mood swings. You just had major surgery, that puts alot of trauma on your body. It takes awhile for you to get your strength and stamina back.
I'm guessing you kept your ovaries, they don't have your uterus to pick on any more so your hormones will be out of whack for a littler while.
This does get better.
Unread 12-24-2007, 12:37 AM

I am not surprised to hear that you tire easily, major surgery is an assault to your body! Please, refrain from doing any housework right now--- it is not good for you, yet you may not realize it because of numbness and/or pain medication.

You have limited energy & your focus should be on your recovery. Concentrate on eating well & doing some slow walking.

Some people are very emotional after surgery-- remember this too shall pass. Hang in there....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-24-2007, 12:38 AM

Thank you for replying so soon. Yes I did keep my ovaries. & Yes you are exactly right, I feel like my body is picking on me. I have been telling myself that it will pass and to give it time, it is just hard for me to slow down. It is just helpful to have someone to talk to who understands exactly how I am feeling right now.
Unread 12-24-2007, 01:04 AM

It is better to slow down now than have to completely stop later. Up until this week (and still sometimes) taking a shower would wipe me out.
The dust bunnies will still be there when you are physically able to attack them without attacking your healing body as well.
You just have to find some balance :balanc: and give your body plenty of opportunity to heal.
Unread 12-24-2007, 06:44 AM

We had our surgeries on the same day :-) I'm not experiencing fatigue, but I am very emotional. I think it's a combo of the Christmas season and surgery - LETHAL! There is so much I am usually doing w/ the kids that I can't this year! I feel like I'm letting them down :-(
We made it this far, we'll get through this too... Merry Christmas Eve
Unread 12-25-2007, 02:55 PM

That's cool that we had our surgeries on the same day. I cooked all day Sunday and really over did it and I have had a rough Christmas Eve and Day. yuck! And yea I can relate about letting the kids down, I feel the same way. But yes we will get through this, just a little slower than usual... LOL
Merry Christmas!!!
Unread 12-25-2007, 03:36 PM

I had my surgery Nov. 26, and still tire easily. Don't be too hard on yourself! Get plenty of rest, drink your water, and do some walking. I find that if I don't lay in bed for hours at a time I am less depressed. It helps to be up sitting outside in the sunshine, visiting with friends, etc. Leave the housework for later! It will be there waiting for you!
Blessings,
Grace
Unread 12-25-2007, 04:05 PM
Hi there

Hello Grace, thank you for replying to my post. I have in the past two days tried to take it easy. I have realized that the house will not fall in around me if it isn't as clean as usual. I see that your surgery was a few weeks before mine and you are still tiring easily. I have been told that it may last for months. Thanks for the advice. Merry Christmas to you and may you have a continually blessed recovery.

Much Love,
pinkwiley
Unread 12-25-2007, 11:59 PM

Hey there ladies. I too Dec. 11, I was feeling pretty good. Had some energy and then all the sudden my Both of my hips have been so sore (about 3 days now) I know feel drained. Is it normal that my hips feel so sore? I would greatly appreciate any response? I just wander if I should call Dr. I have not bleed any or have had any discharge, No fever at all.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register