Getting Out of Bed Post Op Week 8 - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Getting Out of Bed Post Op Week 8 Getting Out of Bed Post Op Week 8

Unread 12-25-2007, 02:39 PM
Getting Out of Bed Post Op Week 8

Hi iluv2digiscrap:

I too have stairs in my house and tried to do them after only being home from the castle a couple days because the bathrooms with the showers are up there and boy did I pay for it pain wise. So from that point on I took sponge baths in the 1/2 bath downstairs, had someone wash my hair in the sink and did not attempt the stairs again until week 3 and that was so-so pain wise. So I did not try again until the end of week 4, and then did every other day. Finally during week 6 I was able to go up and down with no problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-26-2007, 10:24 PM

hi, Hey, I didn't lift a big bag of dog food before surgery, but i've always had some back issues. Our docs have lots of different suggestions, but my doc offered that it was OK to go up stairs. I didn't even ask.

Today is 8 weeks post-surgery. It hardly seems possible. I feel much better the last few days.
Unread 12-26-2007, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger2583
Hi iluv2digiscrap:

I too have stairs in my house and tried to do them after only being home from the castle a couple days because the bathrooms with the showers are up there and boy did I pay for it pain wise. So from that point on I took sponge baths in the 1/2 bath downstairs, had someone wash my hair in the sink and did not attempt the stairs again until week 3 and that was so-so pain wise. So I did not try again until the end of week 4, and then did every other day. Finally during week 6 I was able to go up and down with no problem.
  Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetowalk
hi, Hey, I didn't lift a big bag of dog food before surgery, but i've always had some back issues. Our docs have lots of different suggestions, but my doc offered that it was OK to go up stairs. I didn't even ask.

Today is 8 weeks post-surgery. It hardly seems possible. I feel much better the last few days.
Just wanted to mention... my stairs aren't interior household-rise/run type stairs... once I got in my home, I was all one one floor thankfully. The stairs that I was restricted from are a long, steep flight of stairs in our grandfathered apartment building (no elevator). My doctor informed me that I was allowed up the stairs when I got home, and that was it until she saw me again. For the 1st two weeks, I wasn't permitted to leave our apartment at all, not even to get the mail from our mailbox, because it would mean going down those stairs. At this point, I'm allowed to do it once a day only, and I'll admit... those stairs are tiring and do wear me out. They don't feel so great, either.

I'm not even the one that mentioned the stairs to my doctor, my DH did when he met with her post-op while I was in recovery - she let him deliver the news to me that I was banned from the stairs, then she confirmed it when she was discharging me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2007, 08:43 AM

gee, those steps seem tough on a "good" day.
Unread 12-27-2007, 08:52 AM

Hey lovetowalk!
I'll be 9 weeks post op Monday, and the stairs are good now. They don't bother me at all.
The only problem I have now is in the morning when I wake up, my body goes into what seems to be muscle contractions and wants to stretch on it's own, and it keeps pulling something in my right groin area, it stays sore for a couple days then goes away, then gets sore again! Ouch!
Unread 12-27-2007, 09:05 AM

That is exactly what mine does, I'm soo glad to hear that I'm not losing my mind with this one, Mine has been like that since I lifted that 40lb bag of dog food to put in my Envoy, My right lower side has been bothering me since and at time really bad, But I won't go to the drs. On Christmas Day it was at it's worst, I did alot of laughing, and with that comes the Asthma attacks So I really gave my lower abdomen a real work out, Now when I sneeze and cough I find myself grabbing my incision area. So Elaine, what are WE going to do about this?
Unread 12-27-2007, 09:16 AM

Hi Cradleloss!

I posted a new thread in hopes of getting some answers. My muscle contractions only happen upon wakening and my whole body is stiff at first then when I go to move, my ab muscles contract and cause pain in my right groin area. This happens every morning!
Hopefully the new post will bring some suggestions or answers!
Unread 12-27-2007, 11:11 AM

I would really love to have an answer for you ladies, but I am looking for some also. I am way farther than you two and I still have the issue with my hip right pelvic pain. I did have surgery on Oct. 29th for cuff repair so maybe my recovery is held up? I feel like everyone else is recovering and I am in slow motion. I can't wait to feel better. I am praying we all have a much better new year!
Janelle

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register