Am I doing too much? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Am I doing too much? Am I doing too much?

Unread 12-28-2007, 08:39 AM
Am I doing too much?

Yes your doing way to much. No lifting anything besides your glass to your mouth. Doing to much can cause scar tissue. I had my tah July 30th and Im just now vaccuming. Im still not lifting stuff like a case of water. I know how boring it can be and I too did to much at times. I have a three level home and I also did the stairs the first day home. I work in a doctors office and our files are the kind you have to push and pull and sometimes my stomach is sore if Ive had to move them alot. Please take it easy. You can do damage now that can hurt you later. Do crafts or scrap books. Organize your photos. I went threw my filing cabinets and shredded old stuff. There lots you can do sitting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2007, 11:00 AM
Am I doing too much?

Hi all
After reading the replies, I put myself back in the bed for a few days. I got up to eat, go to bathroom, and take short walks around the neighborhood. We did do one trip to Walmart but it was slow and easy.
I do not want to hurt myself and have complications later. I am just so tired laying here and there seems so much to do to put Christmas things away and get things ready to go back to work. I wanted to go back when school starts back Jan 7th - planning day for us. But - I dont think I will be able to.
Thank you to all who replied. Some of it was not what I wanted to hear but I know it was what I needed to hear!
Thank you and God bless you all!
Unread 12-30-2007, 01:11 AM
Am I doing too much?

I was in excellent shape before my LAVH. About 2 weeks post-op I lifted a case of Diet Coke without thinking. I felt it at the time - a pulling of sorts on my right side, but it went away. Soon after I'm sure I did too much. I bent more than my doc said I should. I did laundry. I even vacuumed once. But i felt fine - or if not fine - just a little sore at the end of the day. No big deal.

When they did my surgery to repair my torn vaginal cuff (7 weeks post-hysto), the doc said that I had developed many adhesions already, and questioned many of my activities. Yep - I had done too much. Unfortunately, the damage I was causing myself couldn't be felt at the time. Luckily they were able to repair my adhesions while they were in there for something else.

It is so easy to think we should do this n' that. We're women! We always take care of doing this n' that. Well - let me introduce you to the most important this n' that: go look in a mirror. Yep - everyone heals differently. People can do different things at different stages of healing. The problem is sometimes we don't know that we're doing too much until way after the fact.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register