May Hysterectomy: Now having Yeast Infections | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

May Hysterectomy: Now having Yeast Infections May Hysterectomy: Now having Yeast Infections

Unread 12-26-2007, 03:56 PM
May Hysterectomy: Now having Yeast Infections

I am not a happy camper tonight. I have just visited the doctor and I have ANOTHER yeast infection. Before I lost my uterus in May (I had adenomyosis), I had lots of yeast infections. The yeast infections were treated by a weekly dose of dyflucan for FOUR MONTHS. Then, after the May hysterectomy, I was so much better! Best thing I ever did was having my surgery!

Then, I started having bladder infections after sex. Then, the yeast infections returned. Getting back into the saddle with my husband was great; it was like before I ever had my kids. Only, after the sex, I would have weeks of female problems with the bladder and the yeast infection.

I am starting a three week treatment with dyflucan - again - and I am so down right now. The doctor says I might be having hormonal imbalance. I am always "wet" in my privates and I have to change my undies twice a day. I keep myself clean too. I drink lots of water. I have lost weight. I am doing everything right...

Can anyone share any experiences like this with me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-26-2007, 05:25 PM

PeachyLibrarian,

Sorry to hear of your challenges.

I use Always pantyliners, the dry weave is the best on the market and will usually last me the entire day, most days. And, keeps the moisture off of me.

As far as the yeast infections - each time you are treated your husband MUST be treated as well. If he is not treated, he will give it back to you everytime. If he is being treated as you are, maybe he should be checked to be sure he has completely gotten rid of it.

All the best!
Unread 12-26-2007, 05:33 PM

i had the same problem. not sure if it was the hysterectomy or peppermint shower scrub that accidently touched there. they started after the peppermint thing. i was on diclucan for 6 months, flagyl or metrogel for bacterial infections at the same time...and just recently had cryosurgery on my cervix because of the repeated and often treated with over the counter monostat (i shouldnt have done that)...infected my cervix. there is an over the counter product you can use called rephresh that is supposed to balance the ph of your vagina. supposedly when the ph is thrown off, you can get infections. try using that. also...i started taking acidophilus capsules every day. so far so good...hope this info helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2007, 08:05 AM

I've also been having the same problem. The last infection, my dr told me to do something that even he said he doesn't usually tell anybody to do...douche. He said maybe I'd gotten a bacterial infection from the surgery (7 months ago!) and without a period to cleans the area maybe a douche would clean it up...>BAD IDEA!! I ended up with the worst infection and so did my DH. I convinced the dr to call me in a difulcan but they said they wouldn't call one in for my dh because they "dont treat men". Since they called me in 2 I gave him one. I think we're clear right now but every time we have relations I get nervous that I'm going to start up again. Now, I go in tomorrow for a laproscopy for adhesions and incisional hernia so we'll have another hurdle to get over. Anyways, I hope the info helps. ..if your dr gives you the suggestion mine did....I wouldn't follow it! By the way....I'm not going back to that dr...this was not his only mistake.
Unread 12-27-2007, 03:41 PM

Well.....If my name wasn't Fibroid Woman, it would definitely have been YEAST GAL after my surgery.

After a hormonal imbalance and weakened immune system, which required me to take many rounds of antibiotics for all the bacterial infections I contracted.........the yeast took over.......big time.

Besides the meds prescribed by the docs, the thing that helped me end the cycle.....and I remain yeast-free today, 3 years later...........are natural probiotics. My Pharmacist hooked me up with some special, high dose, refrigerated lactobacillus capsules (Activia yogurt won't cut the muster, here!). She also provided me with immunoglobulin caplets (whey protein). After the intense regimen......and a few "touch-ups".........I have not had ANY trouble again.

Most docs do not know much about natural remedies......I didn't think much of them, either, until I got desperate and they worked like a miracle for me.

Just remember to run everything you choose to do with your health past your physician. Take care. I hope you find what works for you.............s.....Deb
Unread 12-27-2007, 03:50 PM

also for anyone that has recurrent or chronic yeast infections, get your sugar checked. its a symptom of diabetes.
Unread 12-27-2007, 04:01 PM

just because you have had a hysterectomy does not mean that the vaginal infections go away -- you still have the vagina and that is where the bacteria grown --

you might try some natural antibiotics like oregeno oil -- or garlic in your diet -- then add acidophylis

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register