Unanswered Questions- 3 wks post op - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Unanswered Questions- 3 wks post op Unanswered Questions- 3 wks post op

Unread 12-27-2007, 01:40 PM
Unanswered Questions- 3 wks post op

Hi, I am from Robertsdale,Al

hugs
I would call your doctor and ask him all your questions. He should go over everything with you. Do you have more appointments with him?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2007, 02:30 PM

I'm 3 weeks post op also. I've been on some shopping sprees and feeling fine. Some days I'm not that great, but I rest then. I also have a spinal injury and have to self cath and my colon doesn't work on it's own. Does anyone here have this problem? I'm really surprised and quit proud that I am actually able t do my catheter after my surgery, my doctors reassured me that I would be able to, but I was really anxious. They were right, but I get a little down about having all these additional problems and it had interfered greatly when I was in the hospital. The staff was not familiar with my situation and the RN said she "Didn't have time to read my chart" WHAT? I could have died because my cath was kinked then the next day I HAD to have my colon med... I ended up with my dysreflexia headache... I just took it without their approval because no one would come to my bell call.
Fortunately, I have a wonderful doc and he discharged me knowing I can take better care of myself at home He was right I'm doing pretty good considering everything else.
I just wish I could sleep... my Lunesta doesn't work. Any tricks?
thanks
Unread 12-27-2007, 05:53 PM

I"m sorry to hear that you woke up w/such a shock about what all was done..........I think it would definately be a good idea to talk your dr. to find out the reasoning.....obviously can't undo anything, but finding out the reasons may help you cope....

For me, one of the best mood lifters has been to either open the windows and get fresh air, or if possible go outside, even if for just a few minutes........it REALLY has helped me stay out of the dumps.....and coming to this site! these ladies will cheer you up every time!

Be blessed and take it easy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2007, 06:26 PM

Sorry your having a hard time....I think we are all going to have good days and some not so good....I have been walking up and down my hall way and thought I would walk outside for alittle bit.....going down my sidewalk and down my drive wore me out I guess the incline did it but it is just amazing to me how such a little thing can kick you in the beehind..... hope you feel better soon if nothing else the fresh air did wonders...
Unread 12-28-2007, 08:42 PM

Quote:
then i had a couple of funny dizzy turns today..and feel panicky about what could be wrong.
curious about this comment as I have had a many episodes like this.
Unread 12-28-2007, 09:21 PM

I LOOOOOOOVE those motorized carts!!!! I can do 360's, and am working on popping wheelies. Seriously. I'm 36. My hysto was the end of August, but I've had so many complications since then, I'm thankful anytime I get out of the house (which is rare!) I had to drop my college classes, quit my job, give up all of my travel plans for the beginning of 2008 - you name it. So those little carts - they spell FREEDOM to me. Even if only in a grocery store, and only for a little bit. Have fun with it. Scare other shoppers if you must (or want to for entertainment - whatever floats your boat!)

Yes - it is frustrating to be cooped up and not as mobile as you're used to being. EXTREMELY frustrating. I'm not a sit-still kinda girl, so this should have driven me over the edge mad by now. But... sometimes you just gotta go with the flow. Or make the flow fit your style. The most important thing is that you allow your body, mind and soul to HEAL. (The hardest lesson for me to learn.)
Unread 12-29-2007, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterlass
curious about this comment as I have had a many episodes like this.
have you talked to anyone about it? I've had a variety of explanations. I
Unread 12-29-2007, 05:08 AM

oops, must have pressed the wrong key..

I thought it might be a UTI, but got checked out and was fine. I had low blood pressure and anaemia in hospital and actually passed out a couple of times, when they tried to get me out of bed..oh dear..

but that's all sorted...then an inner ear infection was suggested..but no temperature..

so I'm still a bit confused. I just make sure I give myself a few seconds when I sit up from lying, just to let my head get it's bearings..lol.

hope you find your answer- it's not a nice feeling!
Unread 12-29-2007, 09:54 AM

I just wanted to thank everyone for making me feel so much better! After seeing all the posts, I realize there are so many people going through what I did and I really appreciate all the comments. You guys are awesome! 85destiny, I honestly thought I was going to pop my stitches reading your post! That's the hardest I've laughed in a long time- and I may just do that! Thanks again everyone! Have a great day and a happy new year!
Unread 01-08-2008, 08:03 PM

I am also 3 weeks post op and I went for my follow-up appointment today and found out that they also removed my cervix and I thought that I was only having my uterus and one ovary removed due to cancer concerns. I am not happy about having my cervix removed also but I am thankful that it was not cancer. My recovery has been going well. The first week was bad but I have been back to work.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register