Belly still very sore | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Belly still very sore Belly still very sore

Unread 12-27-2007, 06:18 AM
Belly still very sore

Tommorrow 12/28 I begin my 5th week post op. I would have thought by now, I would start being the "old me" again. My abdomin is extremly sore to the touch. Incision pretty red from the middle to the right. When I press different places the pain is about an 8. I get around pretty good, and can almost roll over in bed with out a problem. I can really feel pain when I get from a sitting position to a standing, and standing to sitting. When will this end?
Cheryl
TAH/BSO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2007, 07:25 AM
Belly still very sore

Cheryl by the 5th week I was feeling pretty good, just some discomfort not much pain. You should probably call your doctor, better safe than sorry and that is what they are there for.
hope you feel better soon
Unread 12-27-2007, 07:26 AM
Belly still very sore

Wish I could help, but I am only 10 days out! I feel pretty good - not having any major pain issues. I think everyone recovers differently.

Hope someone else has some answers for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2007, 07:32 AM
Belly still very sore

Calling your dr is a good idea. It is best to err on the side of caution, in my opinion.
I had a tah/bso and was getting around better by the 5th week but did still have to be careful not to overdo. Sometimes, my belly would be pretty swollen and sore by the evening.

Please call your dr and let him/her know what's happening.

S
Unread 12-27-2007, 08:12 AM
Belly still very sore

If your incision is red you may have an infection. I am three weeks post op tomorrow and at my two week check up on Christmas Eve my doctor told me that one of my incisions is slightly infected so she put me on a super powerful antibiotic right away. It didn't look infected to me and I didn't have any other symptoms(fever, swelling, drainage) so it's good she looked at it. I know they are very concerned about people who have been in the hospital getting staph (spelling?) infections so you should probably have it looked at. As for the pain, my doctor told me it's normal for people to be on pain meds for up to six weeks, and I had LSH! We all heal differently.
Unread 12-27-2007, 11:30 AM
Belly still very sore

If this continues like this, on Monday I will call my Dr's nurse. My Dr looked at my incision about 2 weeks after the surgery, it was extremly red. He thought I was healing well, no infection. He thought it appeared to be bruising. He also informed me it could even turn black, which it never did. Thanks for your replys!
Cheryl
TAH/BSO 11/23
Unread 12-27-2007, 11:37 AM
Belly still very sore

Hello,

I think it is a great idea to reach out to your doctor.

I am 4 weeks post-op today. My incision looked really good at 3 weeks post-op, just pink and slightly sore. Today, the pinkness is fading, and there is no soreness or pain near or around the incision. However, when I overdo, I do experience pain, aches, soreness, catches, etc. I generally take it easy for a complete day or two and try to not do that same thing again or I attempt to do it slower or with more care.

All the best!
Unread 12-27-2007, 11:53 AM
Belly still very sore

I am 9 weeks post op this Monday and still have a sore belly on and off. I think we all are different as to how we heal. I was released at 4 weeks by my Dr and told no need to come back until 6 months unless I have a problem. To me the sore belly is just part of this major surgery. I've read posts that say some have sore bellies at week 10. I get around ok, but if I overdo it, I do get really sore and have to rest. And I still get a pulling pain in my right groin area (I think it's muscular), that comes and goes.
Hopefully you'll feel better soon.
Unread 12-27-2007, 04:18 PM
Belly still very sore

I had my tah on July 30 and Im still sore at times. You ll feel that way for a while but youll feel better day by day. Try taking tylenol and alternating with motrin. My stomach felt like I did a hundred situps and I just wanted it to feel normal again. When I do to much my stomach is still sore and my incision will burn. I sometimes cant stand to have my pants touch my scar . And some of my stomach is still numb. It will take a good year to fully recover. Take your time and dont do to much and dont lift anything. You dont want to develop scar tissue.
Unread 12-27-2007, 07:21 PM
Belly still very sore

My incision is definitely still sore... and my tummy itself, above the incision gets very sore towards the end of the day. Just this afternoon, I was in the car with my DH and all of a sudden, it felt like fire raced across my incision... ouch!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register