Who are you!! - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Who are you!! Who are you!!

Unread 04-03-2008, 09:32 AM
Who are you!!

Welcome Emily424 and everyone else who have posted here...hope you all are healing steadily.....this site has also helped me a great deal, both before and continuously after....feel free to join us in any of the many game forums...or any other forum for that matter where you feel your new found "expertise" will help those who need a reassuring moment....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-03-2008, 09:40 AM
Who are you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katgurl66
My name is Kim, I am holding onto 41 with a death grip, BD is in April. I am a single parent to a 14 year old boy. His univolved father died several years ago but my ex husband still visits him and I have a boyfriend of 4 years that spends time with him as well. I've worked for a communcations company for 20 years in London Ontario.
Hey Kim,

You are not going to be 42 in April ... you are forever going to be 41.99 plus shipping and handling ... LOL

Hugs,
Tracy
Unread 04-03-2008, 10:01 AM
Who are you!!

Hi my name is Davina I am 33 yrs old and had a TVH (Uterus and Cervix removed)+abstraction of the Uterus from a muscle(ouch) on March 12th, 2008. I have 4 boys ages 10, 12, 14 and 16...I am a single parent...my boys fathers are not involved in their lives except my 14 yr old he sees his dad on average once every 2 years sometimes once a yr though...but there was the years he skipped too bc he was locked up...the younger two are from my ex husband who has no custody or visitation...and they havent seen him since they were 1 and 2(almost 3)The eldest hasnt seen his dad since he was 1 1/2 months old...I'm sure its better that way for them...but, I wish they had someone like a father figure...My current bf (who left me 9 days post-op bc he didnt know how to deal with my psychotic mood swings) and we have been dating almost 6 months so its still a new relationship and so far he seems to be ok with them but...I am very cautious when it comes to my kids...and have a hard time letting anyone get close...anyways...I live in Tennessee but, I was born in Florida...I am trying to refind myself and heal after multiple traumas I survived and the dx of PTSD a few years back...I love animals. I have a long haired Chihuahua, Amigo, and a black and charcoal gray kitten, Shadow, that I am trying to find a home for. I love the great outdoors but not necesarily all the lil critters (scared of snakes and spiders), I actually LOVE fishing! also cookouts with family and friends, hanging out, listening to music and singing along, Kareoke (hehe), travel (but havent done any in awhile) People and Cultures, photography, Poetry, The arts as a whole...walking, Walmart (Woohoo!) , lil 'yard sale' shops, Gourmet cooking(when I am able) and MUCH MUCH more
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-03-2008, 12:04 PM
Who are you!!

Hi my name is Shelly I"m 34. I've been married for 15 years and have a beautiful daughter age 12. I live in the beautiful city of Colorado Springs and love my mountian views! I had my LAVH BSO 3/13/08.
Unread 04-03-2008, 12:37 PM
Who are you!!

Hi y'all. I'm Susie and new to the site. I'm 47, have a son that will be 18 in 3 days, divorced, and work at home as a medical transcriptionist. I started working at home when my son was 15 and decided he'd rather sleep in than go to school and I was working for a large radiology practice. Since I can take my job with me, I moved to coastal NC last Aug and love it. I'm from Fl originally and really wanted to get back to the ocean but not the heat and this is perfect. I am a 'cougar'.... brought my boy-toy with me too. he's in his 20s... yes, you read correctly. so the only thing holding me back now is my uterus! bring on the hysterectomy and I'm waiting to really enjoy life, without pain.
Great meeting you all!
Unread 04-13-2008, 04:57 PM
Who are you!!

Hi Everyone,
This is a great thread! My name is Cat (Cathy) I'm 48, married to Al for 12yrs next month. He's my 2nd DH and I think I'll keep this one! We have 2 children, he has a daughter, 25 and I have a son, 21 from our previous marriages.
I work in a County health department for the last 10 years and I love my work place. I'm very fortunate and privilaged to work with the people that I work with.
My husband is retired Fire Fighter.
Together, we own a shop, Boss330 Racing, where we work on/build high performance ford engines. We are going to have a feature article in June 08 Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords magazine! (I'm really proud of Al)
I had my hysterectomy of Feb, 13th 2008 because of a suspicious pelvic mass, that turned out to be benign but I sure did have a mess in there...
I feel much better since my hysterectomy, and I feel very fortunate to have found this site with so many wonderful sisters!

Cat
Unread 04-13-2008, 07:17 PM
Who are you!!

Hi, my name is Kerry and I live in beautiful Sydney, Australia. I have been married to wonderful DH(Paggy) for 16 years and have 2 DD (14 & 11) & 1 DS (7). I am a stay at home mum and am very involved in all that my kids do. Alot of my time is taken up sewing dance costumes for my DD's dance school.

I have had many surgeries over the years - right kidney removed, appendix, 3 c-sections, LAP & TAH. My organ donation section on my drivers licence says "whatevers left" LOL. I am possibly going to face a BSO in the near future as well as my gall bladder out. My DH jokes that they should just put in a "zipper". He just wants me well - he puts up with alot from me and is very supportive.

This site has been a wonderful support for me over the last 6 months unfortunately I only found it after my TAH. Sometimes I feel like I am the only Aussie on here, but I love it all the same.

Kerry - Paggy's carebear
Unread 04-17-2008, 07:50 PM
Who are you!!

Hello! My name is Jen. I am 35 have been married for 15yrs and have 4 of my own kids and 2 we are adopting. I am a CNA and going to school for nursing. I am scheduled for a LAVH on April 28th.
Unread 04-21-2008, 06:37 AM
Who are you!!

Hi

nice thread... my name is Verena and I'm 48. been married to my DH Ken for 27 years. because of endometriosis never was able to get pregnant, so we adopted a six week old little girl and she is now 20!!

I live in Miami Fl, would love to move north somewhere to get out of the "heat" and get some of the cold air again...

I am self employed, work from my home which has been a blessing, have a large family, love tha beach and we have horses which we also love.

this site has been a blessing also, I have learned so much and feel right at home here....love to chat with my sisters and feel like we are all going thru this together

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register