Pink discharge when I wiped Help! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pink discharge when I wiped Help! Pink discharge when I wiped Help!

Unread 12-27-2007, 08:22 PM
Pink discharge when I wiped Help!

I am 4wks post op tomorrow. I had a TAH on 11/30/07 I was left one ovary. I am not in a lot of pain right now. I am actually feeling better. I am a little scared I wiped last night and had a peach color on the paper, nothing else after that until about 10:00 pm today I wiped and had pink on the paper. I am worried I will call the doc tomorrow. Any info is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2007, 08:40 PM
Pink discharge

Hi Chuya80,
Some discharge is normal. I had red/brown and mine lasted about a week and a half. It is good you are calling your Doctor. I was told that if the blood was heavier to call back in.

Best wishes,
martini

PS: That is great that you are feeling good! My TAH was on December 4th.
Unread 12-27-2007, 08:44 PM

I've been steadily having discharge (ranging from dark brown to rusty red) since 1.5 weeks, and I'm just past 3 weeks now. My doctor told me that light colored discharge is normal, but when it starts getting darker, it means you're doing too much and need to slow down.

I'm glad you're checking with your doctor, because every doctor seems to have a different take with the discharge/spotting. Mine says to call if it turns bright red (it didn't matter to her how much)... I've seen others post that their doctor is more concerned with the volume of discharge, along with the color.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2007, 06:19 AM

I had a pinkish/brownish discharge that started my second week post-op and lasted a week. My doc said it was okay and not to be surprised if it starts again. He said to look out for any discharge with odor or if it turns bright red.

I think it's a good thing to call your doc too and ask just to be on the safe side, cause it does seem that every doc is different.

Glad that you're feeling better!
Unread 12-28-2007, 06:27 AM

I had that pink discharge periodically throughout my first several weeks, and then it came as a much brighter red for a day or two in my 4th week (I believe). And I've even had a pink discharge as late as the 2nd month post op.

It's normal!

Unread 12-28-2007, 06:58 AM

spotting and some light bleeding is normal for the first few weeks. i'd let the dr know but i'm sure he's going to tell you its no problem.
Unread 12-28-2007, 06:26 PM

I had my hyst Dec 11 and started spotting/having discharge at the beginning of this week...so 5 days now. it can be dark re brown to pink. My Dr said it's normal and not to worry about it.
Unread 12-28-2007, 06:35 PM

I had my TLH on November 29 and I'm still having brown to pink discharge. Not too much...I'm only wearing a pantyliner to control. At my two week appointment, my doc said it's totally normal to have discharge for several weeks. The only concern in bright red discharge in large quantities or with a foul odor.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register