Post op 9 months but still have tender breast and cramps. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post op 9 months but still have tender breast and cramps. Post op 9 months but still have tender breast and cramps.

Unread 12-28-2007, 12:46 PM
Post op 9 months but still have tender breast and cramps.

My doctor told me it was all in my head but i know it is not. We all know as women we just know when something is wrong. Well i had my surgery in March 2007 and I am still getting cramps and hurting as if i was going to start my peroid and my breast are more tender now then they were before the surgery. My wonderful Doctor put me on zoloft to take on the onset of systoms but how in the world is that going to work. I have been taking the zoloft but no change. I am very irratiable and very moody. I have good days and bad days. I am in need of advise and to see if anyone is just like me or is it really all in my head. I feel i might have a hormone imbalance but no my doctor would have no comment on that he said "and again that is in your head." Think i might have to find me a new doctor cause he would not even look at me in the face and talk with me or even do the test he should do to find out what is wrong. Help please if you can talk with me.. thanks kristen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2007, 02:34 PM

Sometimes surgeons are great at what they do -- but when it comes down to the after care -- some are lacking.

I can not tell from your post if you left the ovariers or not. If you still have them -- you could still be having some PMS type symptoms.

You might try contacting a endocrinologist and have them run some panels on you to see where you are hormonely and if there is something that you can do to help elliviate the issues that you are having.

Do not take the "it's in your head" line. Keep looking for answers.

Best wishes.
Unread 12-28-2007, 04:19 PM

kristin,
I agree with Lisa. Keep looking there is an answer out there for you. It's very possible that if you have your ovaries you will continue to have PMS symptoms, but we know when we are "out of whack" and it's best to follow your instincts and get another docs opinion.
take care, and best of luck,
Jen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2007, 04:25 PM

it sounds like you need to find a new dr to go over your symptoms with you. make sure you have your records transferred so he can see what type of surgery you had. did you keep your ovaries?
Unread 01-04-2008, 07:22 PM

I'm only two months post-op (TAH). I still have my ovaries and at my final post-op office visit, my doctor said I would probably still have those mood swings and feel bloated. I was surprised to hear that, but the other day I noticed my mood was almost like I was getting my period and though this is impossible, it almost felt like I was having cramps! In fact, before surgery, my breasts would be so painful and sore to the touch. Along with the other symptoms I felt last week, my breasts were still a little sore though not as bad as before the surgery - enough to be somewhat annoying. My doctor has been great and I wish everyone had one like her. Please don't hestitate to look around for another doctor, it is not all in your head.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register