Painful sex TVH 11 weeks | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Painful sex TVH 11 weeks Painful sex TVH 11 weeks

Unread 12-29-2007, 01:35 AM
Painful sex TVH 11 weeks

Hello ladies,

I was wondering if anyone else with tvh has been having very painful sex. I had a tvh with extra stitches for cystocele and rectocele eleven weeks ago. After my 6 week checkup when we got the green light we tried and it was so painful I could cry. I went to see my other doctor who did the pelvic floor repairs at eight weeks. I told her I felt like they made me too small but she assured me that I had enough room and thought I was tensing up. She gave me some vaginal hormonal cream, valium to be used vaginally and told me to use a lot of ky jelly. Things are improving and I don't feel so tight but I can't let my husband move. Whenever he thrusts it really hurts where I think the vaginal cuff is. I feel like I might not be long enough. Has anyone else felt that way?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2007, 06:56 AM
Painful sex TVH 11 weeks

I too had a tvh on 8-13-07 and sex was painful at my 6 week, and for awhile afterwards. I found that being on top helped me. Also at 4 mos. post op I was getting very sore again and even spotted a little only to find out that I had granulation which my doctor snipped off in the office and applied silver nitrate(ouch!). Was told to wait a week and try again. It has just been a week so I'm anxious to try again and see how it feels. It's possible you have granulation, or that those tissues just need to be stretched. If it continues to be painful I would say a trip to your dr. would be in order.
Unread 12-29-2007, 07:26 AM
Painful sex TVH 11 weeks

I did have some pain as well. I think alot of my issues was because I was scared it would hurt I couldnt relax. We use Astroglide, its more natural, alot better than ky. Everybody heals differently, just take your time and relax.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2007, 08:32 AM
Painful sex TVH 11 weeks

I agree with the above posts. Just give it time. The first few times I told my husband he couldn't go all the way in. Then we slowly, but surely, got there. I was afraid of tearing something and afraid it would hurt. We're back to normal now. I know it's scary, but unless something is physically wrong, just relax and take it slow. Best wishes.
Unread 12-31-2007, 01:44 PM
Painful sex TVH 11 weeks

I'm just wondering, how long would you say it takes before it is feels normal again and doesn't hurt. I'm trying to give it time, but I'm not sure at what point it is time to see a doctor. It's only been 2 weeks since the green light was given, but I find that it hurts some during but a whole lot for a good 24 hours after. It's like an area of irritation and burning and it feels swollen. Should I give it another month? Thanks.
Unread 12-31-2007, 02:16 PM
so glad you posted

I'm so glad you ladies are talking about this - I'm 9 weeks out today and we tried sex at eight weeks, and ouch! He couldn't go all the way in, and I felt intense pressure when he tried to go farther! It was very scary, and afterwards I was achy, hurting, burning for 24 hours afterwards too. I had the TVH, and my doc told me at four weeks that she made me like a 17 year old there, and that meant that when I tried sex again, it was going to hurt. She told me to try to slowly stretch it ahead of time, but I can't really figure out a way to do that? I have the Premarin vaginal cream, and I think I will start using that, as she said it helps soften the tissues and make them stretchy. I'm afraid every time I try to use the cream too - it's just not comfortable and very scary to put something in there!

Any advice? I saw the advice about the astroglide, and we will definitely try that, as I felt like the KY stuff was just too sticky or dry or something.

Anyway - would love to hear some encouragment from others!

Thanks!

Sandy
Unread 12-31-2007, 06:28 PM
Painful sex TVH 11 weeks

Astroglide is not better or more natural than KY. Especially if you have an allergy, trust me on that!
Unread 12-31-2007, 06:36 PM
Painful sex TVH 11 weeks

This all really is scary just reading about everyones experiences.

I had my first checkup at 3 1/2 weeks everything looked good but 2 knots tied left and the doctor told me to wait 6 weeks before sex and to see him again in a year.

I haven't seen any sign of those two knots which he said that I probably wouldn't see them so not to worry but I do.

I would feel much better if he saw me one more time just to put me at ease about having sex again.
Unread 01-01-2008, 12:27 PM
Painful sex TVH 11 weeks

Same here, jcolorado. I last saw my doctor at 4 weeks, told me to wait until 6 weeks for relations and to see him again in a year. At 6 weeks, I had yet to see a stitch pass and had never had any spotting that everyone talked about having when their stitches dissolved. I was scared to death that I wasn't healed but also too scared to call the doctor. At 7 weeks I saw one stitch and that was it. Every day I wonder whether they are still in there, but others have assured me that they never saw any stitches and healed just fine.

I know what you mean about seeing your doctor one more time to put yourself at ease. It is hard not to know whether you are healed or actually doing damage.
Unread 01-01-2008, 08:02 PM
Painful sex TVH 11 weeks

Thank you for your replies. Although I wouldn't wish this problem on anyone it was comforting to know I'm not the only one with this problem. Things are improving so those of you who are having trouble don't worry too much but also don't hesitate to talk to your doctor. I think the vaginal valium (lol) my doctor gave might be what is helping. She also mentioned that if we were still having trouble after four weeks to come back and she would send me to physical therapy. I can't imagine what they would do but it is nice to know there is more help available.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register