Pain Near Belly Button...Any Ideas? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)


HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Reply

Pain Near Belly Button...Any Ideas? Pain Near Belly Button...Any Ideas?

Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 12-30-2007, 06:44 AM
Pain Near Belly Button...Any Ideas?

Hi Sisters,
I have developed a new pain. Well, not entirely new, but it was only fleeting prior to today. It would come every few days and only for a moment; but today it has been coming regularly and intensely.
It is situated about an inch and a half to the right of my belly button, and if I press lightly on the spot, I have a pain shoot down lower right pelvic / bikini region.
Have any of you ladies experienced this; and do you know what it possibly may be?
I have been putting off a trip to the ER with other pains, but don't think I can for much longer. It is almost 1am, so I think I will have to bite the bullet an go first thing in the morning...very early.
Thanks ladies for putting up with me. I love you all for being so helpful and supportive.

Snowflake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Unread 12-30-2007, 10:07 AM
Pain Near Belly Button...Any Ideas?

Snowfalke - I don't know what that is but I'm glad your going to get it checked out.

let us know what they say and big hugs to you!! I hope your feeling great soon!

Starbgirl
  #3  
Unread 12-30-2007, 10:13 AM
Pain Near Belly Button...Any Ideas?

snowflake your not alone, I had swelling just above my cut and pain by my belly button so went to my doctor, that was a week ago. he booked me in for a scan,but thats not till the 21 January.......couldnt believe how long I need to wait as to me it feels urgent, but the pain has eased. I dont know what it is and he didnt give me any reasons for it. I hope you are feeling better now and maybe even know what was causing it! I just came home and rested more than I had been. today I went for a 40 minute walk and came home exhausted and yep Im resting again lol hope your ok and let us know how you are.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Unread 12-30-2007, 12:59 PM
Pain Near Belly Button...Any Ideas?

Do you still have your appendix? What you describe sounds like what I went through when my appendix was removed eons ago. The thing to watch for with appendicitis is if the pain moves from the belly button to the lower right (it will move slowly in the direction as time goes on). Also nausea and (I think) a fever are signs.

Aside from that, I do have pain just below my belly button, but of course mine is not from my appendix, so maybe this is just a normal post-hyster pain. I would keep an eye on it for any signs of progression or if the pain level seems too high.
  #5  
Unread 12-31-2007, 04:42 AM
Pain Near Belly Button...Any Ideas?

  Quote:
Originally Posted by starbgirl
Snowfalke - I don't know what that is but I'm glad your going to get it checked out.

let us know what they say and big hugs to you!! I hope your feeling great soon!

Starbgirl
Hi starbgirl,
Thanks for the hugs and well wishes; I appreciate them very much.
I went to the ER today, but did not stay, as there were a lot of people waiting, and I was going to have to wait forever to get in. Unfortunately, I was unable to wait THAT long, as it is New Years Eve, and I had to get home to cook dinner, so DH could fulfill NYE commitments with the children.
The weird thing is, I was planning on going early today, but my alarm did not go off! Then my parents and sister came by to help with some spring cleaning, and did not leave until almost 2pm. I have my alarm set for 5 am; so I can hopefully get up, have a quick shower and get to the hospital before it gets too busy...however, upon reflection, it is NYE...they could be in for a very busy night!

As an aside... I was looking at your thread yesterday, about crying all the time. I know what you mean...I cry at the drop off a hat, lately. How are you feeling now? I hope yor weepies settle soon. I am also pleased to hear you are physically feeling great.

Snowflake
  #6  
Unread 12-31-2007, 05:07 AM
Pain Near Belly Button...Any Ideas?

  Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamybing
snowflake your not alone, I had swelling just above my cut and pain by my belly button so went to my doctor, that was a week ago. he booked me in for a scan,but thats not till the 21 January.......couldnt believe how long I need to wait as to me it feels urgent, but the pain has eased. I dont know what it is and he didnt give me any reasons for it. I hope you are feeling better now and maybe even know what was causing it! I just came home and rested more than I had been. today I went for a 40 minute walk and came home exhausted and yep Im resting again lol hope your ok and let us know how you are.
Hi Tamybing,
Sorry to hear you have to wait so long for your scan; and that your Dr. didn't see fit to tell you what may have been the cause. I am pleased the pain has eased, though; and that you are getting plenty of rest. Try not to worry, but if the pain gets worse, please go to the ER or call your Dr, again...Don't leave until you get some answers.
Take care, and please let us know how you get on.

Snowflake
  #7  
Unread 12-31-2007, 05:17 AM
Pain Near Belly Button...Any Ideas?

  Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinee
Do you still have your appendix? What you describe sounds like what I went through when my appendix was removed eons ago. The thing to watch for with appendicitis is if the pain moves from the belly button to the lower right (it will move slowly in the direction as time goes on). Also nausea and (I think) a fever are signs.

Aside from that, I do have pain just below my belly button, but of course mine is not from my appendix, so maybe this is just a normal post-hyster pain. I would keep an eye on it for any signs of progression or if the pain level seems too high.
Hi Guinee,
I still have my appendix. I hope it isn't the cause of this particular pain.
You should get your pain checked out. I hope it is just healing pain; but doesn't pay to just assume...(says she who has spent 2 weeks avoiding the ER)
Hope you feel better soon.

Snowflake
  #8  
Unread 12-31-2007, 08:03 AM
Pain Near Belly Button...Any Ideas?

Hi Snowflake,

My weepies do seem better today! I guess a day out yesterday with my best friend buying new panties and seeing a movie was all the Dr ordered. it's NYE here too and I am working today. Tonight will be a tough night as my kids are away with their dad and I am alone Hopefully the weepies won't come back.

Good Luck at the Dr. I hope you get right in and they figure out your pain!

Starbgirl
  #9  
Unread 01-01-2008, 08:48 PM
Pain Near Belly Button...Any Ideas?

  Quote:
Originally Posted by starbgirl
Hi Snowflake,

My weepies do seem better today! I guess a day out yesterday with my best friend buying new panties and seeing a movie was all the Dr ordered. it's NYE here too and I am working today. Tonight will be a tough night as my kids are away with their dad and I am alone Hopefully the weepies won't come back.

Good Luck at the Dr. I hope you get right in and they figure out your pain!

Starbgirl
Happy New Year, starbgirl.
It's amazing how a little self indulgence helps cheer us up!
Sorry to hear your children weren't with you. How did you go?
  #10  
Unread 01-01-2008, 09:14 PM
Pain Near Belly Button...Any Ideas?

Happy New Year, my dear sisters!

Well, it was New years day here yesterday; and I spent 10 hours at the ER! Long story short; the urine test was good, as was the blood test...three lovely bruises...getting blood out of me is like getting blood from a stone.
I had to go back today for an ultrasound. The girl was having trouble seeing anything despite my very full bladder, so she asked if she could do a transvaginal ultrasound. I agreed, with a little apprehension, because this was my last chance to get to the bottom of this pain.
Well, it turns out I do have something there that shouldn't be! Of course, she wasn't allowed to say what, but at least I have a tangible cause, now; and the wait over the past two days, was worth it.
I now have to wait for the Dr. to give me a call; which may be a day or two, so he can tell me the results. I am curious to know what may be the cause; and what the course of action may be...if anything.
Will keep you posted.
Take care, ladies.

Snowflake
Reply

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register




Thread Tools

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
From This Forum From Other Forums
0 Reply, Started By Augustasmypuppy
3 Replies, Last Reply 08-18-2010, Started By KyWillow
2 Replies, Last Reply 07-10-2010, Started By reetc
1 Reply, Last Reply 02-25-2010, Started By tobi73
6 Replies, Last Reply 02-11-2010, Started By Daphne F.
1 Reply, Last Reply 01-10-2009, Started By rak
2 Replies, Last Reply 05-06-2008, Started By crystalhart
2 Replies, Last Reply 04-01-2008, Started By busycasper
3 Replies, Last Reply 08-16-2007, Started By tate6
2 Replies, Last Reply 05-12-2007, Started By Tracydot
2 Replies, Last Reply 03-07-2007, Started By tbsande
4 Replies, Last Reply 06-09-2006, Started By itstime
8 Replies, Last Reply 11-05-2005, Started By CeCeRose611
1 Reply, Last Reply 02-11-2005, Started By Abby49
1 Reply, Last Reply 07-24-2004, Started By KatyBelle
5 Replies, Last Reply 02-08-2004, Started By embroidery1
2 Replies, Last Reply 01-15-2004, Started By Freshone
3 Replies, Last Reply 11-23-2003, Started By Toni1971
3 Replies, The Road Less Traveled
2 Replies, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)



Advertisement

Hysterectomy News

October 25,2020

CURRENT NEWS

HysterSisters Takes On Partner To Manage Continued Growth And Longevity
I have news that is wonderful and exciting! This week’s migration wasn’t a typical migration - from one set ... News Archive

TODAY'S EVENTS

Calendar - Hysterectomies - Birthdays


Request Information


I am a HysterSister

HYSTERECTOMY STORIES

Featured Story - All Stories - Share Yours

FOLLOW US


Your Hysterectomy Date


CUSTOMIZE Your Browsing  


$vbulletin->featuredvideos is not an array!
Advertisement


Advertisement