Abdominal fluid accumulation? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Abdominal fluid accumulation? Abdominal fluid accumulation?

Unread 12-30-2007, 07:15 AM
Abdominal fluid accumulation?

Hi! I am new on here. I had a supracervical abdominal hysterectomy on Dec. 17th. I have had a few problems, but the most recent is the Dr. thinks I may have a large abdominal fluid accumulation and is sending me for a CAT Scan on wednesday. I have large amounts of pink water periodically gushing from the vagina. Has anyone ever heard of this before? Sorry this is a kinda gross subject, but I am concerned and hope someone can tell me what they will do if it is what he thinks it is. Thank you for any help you can offer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2007, 10:03 AM

Dianna - I had fluid in my abdomen also diagnosed via a CT scan. I also had an infection at the vaginal cuff - vaginal cuff cellulitis. It was no picnic and I felt awful BUT I was able to manage healing at home with big doses of antibiotics and NO activity. I had a second CT scan 10 days after the first which showed the issue resolving but not gone. I am to have one more about 3 weeks from now but I will tell you that I may just skip it because I feel AWESOME!!

Hang in there and let us know how it goes!

Starbgirl
Unread 12-30-2007, 12:32 PM

Did You Have The Gushing Too?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2007, 12:44 PM

I had the gushing for about 3 to 4 days starting at day 5. It went away with out intervention and when I asked the DR. about it, she did not seem concerned. The worst part was the gross feeling it caused and having to change pads so often.

I would call and ask your doctor if he/she thinks it is something to worry about.

Good luck with your CT scan.
Unread 12-30-2007, 07:52 PM

Hi - I did not have the gushing although I was still bleeding fairly heavy at that time. I did have lethargy, fever and a general feeling of being very, very unwell. I can't explain it but like in the back of my brain or subconcious I knew something wasn't good - like I was about to get very sick. I'm glad my Dr acted so quickly and didn't hesitate at all with my vague complaints. I think his quick and decisive action really saved me some trouble!

Good luck and I hope you get to feeling better really soon!!

Starbgirl

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register