nausea | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 12-30-2007, 09:03 AM
nausea

I have nausea for several hours, sometimes even overnight, every time I do anything the least bit taxing. When I went to get staples out Mon. afternoon, I felt sick till mid-morning the next day. Yesterday, I took a very short walk, about 5 houses down and back, and felt sickythe rest of the day until mid-evening. I think I may have had a slight fever as well (thermometer NOT reliable at all!--DD said I felt hot.)

Is this to be expected? And how much nausea is too much?

Just needin' to know.......hope somebody has some ideas.

I'm going to go to church for 1st time today (church only, not Bible study). It's just across the street and should only be a little over an hour long. I just hope I don't spend the rest of the day being nauseous after this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2007, 09:56 AM
nausea

(((SupportNeeded))).. Doesn't seem like you should be having this much nausea. Perhaps you have a bit of a bug on top of everything?? I'd call the doc and get his/her thoughts. Maybe there is something he/she can do to help. Good luck.
Unread 12-30-2007, 12:15 PM
nausea

Are you still taking anything for pain? There's a good chance that's causing it.

Also, when my bowels started working again, I'd get seriously naseous for an hour or two before a movement. That only lasted a few days though.

I agree with the other poster, call your doctor's office. The on call doc can give you some advice if your doctor isn't available.

Good luck &
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2007, 12:51 PM
nausea

it could be from meds you are taking. are you taking any pain meds?
Unread 12-30-2007, 01:10 PM
nausea

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_new_life
(((SupportNeeded))).. Doesn't seem like you should be having this much nausea. Perhaps you have a bit of a bug on top of everything?? I'd call the doc and get his/her thoughts. Maybe there is something he/she can do to help. Good luck.

Another of my friends mentioned the possibility of a bug as well.

I did call the on call # last night, was sent to labor/delivery nurse (????), and she said doc. couldn't do much over phone except give anti-nausea med., but we live in a teeny-weeny little bitty town out in the middle of NOWHERE so no pharm's open on Sat. PM's or on Sun's. She said to wait till MOn. to call dr. If it got REALLY bad to go to ER for med's. But I'm not sure what "really" bad is.....I guess if I've tolerated it this long, I can go a little longer.

I've only been taking pain med's very infrequently, and only when I've been stupid and overdone it.......as I'm about to do now since I've been sitting at computer for more than an hour! If hubby was here, I'd be in big trouble! This site just sucks me in!!
Unread 12-30-2007, 07:43 PM
nausea

Let us know how everything turns out. I know what you mean about getting "sucked in"... it seems like I can never sit down at the computer for 15 or 20 minutes, I end up being here for hours!! Hope you feel better soon!
Unread 12-30-2007, 09:35 PM
nausea

I am still having quite a bit of nausea too, but i think it's a combination of all the pills i've been taking, without having much of an appetite yet. I'm still taking oxycodone, plus estradiol, and colace. I WAS trying to take my glucosamine, mucinex and chantix, but had to stop all those for awhile!!

Have you been eating enough?
Unread 12-31-2007, 09:24 AM
nausea

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie1998
I am still having quite a bit of nausea too, but i think it's a combination of all the pills i've been taking, without having much of an appetite yet. I'm still taking oxycodone, plus estradiol, and colace. I WAS trying to take my glucosamine, mucinex and chantix, but had to stop all those for awhile!!

Have you been eating enough?
for the most part, my appetite has returned to normal........sometimes nothing sounds good except chicken noodle soup, but usually I eat the same thing my family's eating......

I did put a call in to the dr today (mainly to make family/friends happy!), but I've also had a weird pain in my side since last night......not like the other pains at all, more like the pain you get in your side after you've run really hard or something like that.......I dunno..........but dr. (or nurse) is supposed to call me back.....we'll see!

Hope all of you have a great New Year's Eve!
Unread 12-31-2007, 09:43 AM
nausea

Let us know what your dr. says..... i have had a similiar pain in my side as well, but it comes and goes!!

Hope you are feeling better today!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register