Why am I crying so much! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Why am I crying so much! Why am I crying so much!

Unread 12-30-2007, 11:03 AM
Why am I crying so much!

I am almost embarrased to post this since I posted how awesome I finally feel a few days ago. Now for the last 2 days I cannot for the life of me stop crying. And I'm crying about everything - because my kids are in San Diego with my ex, becasue I'm lonely, because my car might need new tires, because my carpet needs to be vacuumed and I'm not supposed to do that yet because it is cold and homeless people are suffering, because there are starving children in the world and so and so on. I have NEVER had PMS and I think my ovaries are working again because my night sweats went away after the first 2-3 weeks. And even as a person I am NOT a big crier - I hardly ever cry, so why now all of a sudden would this happen??

I am embarrasingly weepy - like if anyone says anything nice to me I just burst in tears!! Please tell me this doesn't last long!! I need to be able to be at work tomorrow in public and not crying like a baby!

Starbgirl

BTW - Physically I still feel awesome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2007, 11:28 AM
Why am I crying so much!

Sending prayers and hugs to you. Trust me, it will get better and you will even out.

BTW, I am a big crier and have been so all my life. I cry over the Snuggles bear, animals on TV, the sight of the flag, etc.

God bless.
Unread 12-30-2007, 01:04 PM
Why am I crying so much!

I've found that when I get into one of my crying jags, I have to DO something to get out of it.......since you're doing well physically, can you get out and take a walk? Can you go to a movie (comedy!) w/a friend or rent one?

Hang in there....praying for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2007, 04:15 PM
Why am I crying so much!

I went through the crying stage too. Just as you said, someone would say something nice to me and I'd burst into tears. Everything was making me well up. I'm 7 weeks post-op and it's leveling out. I personally think the high emotions had to do with the holidays in addition to our surgeries. Hang in there!
Unread 12-30-2007, 04:25 PM
Why am I crying so much!

I was a huge crier after my surgery. I'd be going along just fine and boom! Tears would be rolling down my face for no known reason. I hadn't seen any weepy commercials or read a sad book or heard about a tragedy at any of those moments, so it must have been the hormonal turmoil and stress I'd been through. On top of that, you are at a time of year when "You should be happy" and perfect families are splashed across the TV every 2 minutes, so whatever sad feelings you have may be magnified now. Believe me, this Christmas I was a major Grinch and couldn't wait for the holidays to be over. I am 2 1/2 months from surgery and things are getting better for me emotionally and physically, but I still feel "different" and suspect I will for a while. You're not very far along in your recovery period and your body is still adjusting. Until then you may just have to explain whenever possible that you've been through a hard time the past several months and need a minute to pull yourself together.
Unread 12-30-2007, 07:36 PM
Why am I crying so much!

Thank you so much ladies!! My best friend took mercy on me and took me out for the day. We had fun. We went to the mall and bought new panties!! Always a favorite exploit of mine

Then we went to the movies and saw.......PS, I love you!! What a tear jerker!! I NEVER cry at movies and I bawled all the way through. I almost got up and left. Sheesh!!

Ah well I suppose this too shall pass......

And I agree the holidays have alot to do with it. This is my second Christmas being single after a 22+ year relationship and it is SO stinking hard!! I am happy to br starting over and I am excited about what the future could bring but is is so SCARY also!! And a bit lonely.

Well, thanks for being there. You guys are the best!!

Starbgirl
Unread 12-30-2007, 07:42 PM
Why am I crying so much!

I wish I could cry. I feel flat not happy or sad just here. Some hunter shot my german shepperd Christmas Eve. She died yesterday and for the life of me I can't cry, but wish I could.
Unread 12-30-2007, 07:49 PM
Why am I crying so much!

Oh my gosh jujuhe!!! I am soooooo sorry to hear about your dog. My dog is my third child!! I think our hormones can act in both ways - too much and too little. It appears we don't have much control over it. I'm sure you love your dog and I hope and pray it is ok.

Hugs for you and hopefully hyou will be feeling yourself soon.

Starbgirl
Unread 12-30-2007, 07:52 PM
Why am I crying so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujuhe
I wish I could cry. I feel flat not happy or sad just here. Some hunter shot my german shepperd Christmas Eve. She died yesterday and for the life of me I can't cry, but wish I could.
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that! My dogs are my babies so I know that must be extremely upsetting!

I agree w/starbgirl, sometimes our emotions are just out of whack, whether it's crying too much or not being able to cry at all.

I hope you're able to get through your grieving as soon as possible.
Unread 12-30-2007, 07:57 PM
Why am I crying so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbgirl
Thank you so much ladies!! My best friend took mercy on me and took me out for the day. We had fun. We went to the mall and bought new panties!! Always a favorite exploit of mine

Then we went to the movies and saw.......PS, I love you!! What a tear jerker!! I NEVER cry at movies and I bawled all the way through. I almost got up and left. Sheesh!!

Ah well I suppose this too shall pass......

And I agree the holidays have alot to do with it. This is my second Christmas being single after a 22+ year relationship and it is SO stinking hard!! I am happy to br starting over and I am excited about what the future could bring but is is so SCARY also!! And a bit lonely.

Well, thanks for being there. You guys are the best!!

Starbgirl
Glad to hear you got out and did some shopping and had some "friend" time.

The holidays can be hard, and especially when you're fairly fresh out of a long term relationship. On top of that, I imagine it takes our hormones awhile to settle down after the upheaval our bodies of endured.

Hang in there. You can always find a shoulder to cry on here.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register