Anxiety attacks normal? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anxiety attacks normal? Anxiety attacks normal?

Unread 01-02-2008, 01:14 AM
Anxiety attacks normal?

! I hate doing anything, driving, going to have fun, movies, shopping, out to eat. I just want to hide at home.. WTH?

I understand how you feel. The kind of anxiety I've had over the past couple years, I understood where it was coming from. But the type I've had the past couple weeks has been different. Didn't occur to me that it was hormonally related. Although I like to go out of the house (and have a hard time staying at home), the idea of hiding in my room has been appealing. Tomorrow am suppose to start working again part-time and the idea of going back to work terrifies me - even tho I like my job and I love the people I work with. I feel like I'm not going to have the mental capacity to do what I need to do. Felt crummy today physically and considered not going in tomorrow. Then wondered if I'm just trying to "hide". So decided to wait and see how I feel tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2008, 01:50 PM
Anxiety attacks normal?

Oh my goodness, I am so glad I'm not alone in this. I keep waking up to bad dreams..dreaming about the past and waking up to a full blown panic attack! I am 4 months post op now and this started on christmas morning. I woke up my DH last night and told him I think I've completely gone off the edge. I feel like I have no control over my mind. I'm trying to get through this without medicine but I don't know if I can. I'm confused as to who I should contact, my gyn or primary care. Any suggestions?
Unread 01-02-2008, 05:16 PM
Anxiety attacks normal?

Hi, I am fairly new at having my total hysterectomy, exactly 1 month. I have been having these "Itch Attacks" as I call them out of nowhere, why? Is this normal? I'd be watching t.v. and then my back starts itching and then it goes all over my body. My relief is a HOT shower and hydroxyzine 25 mg to take affect in a half hour, then my "itching" disappears! HELP!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2008, 10:20 PM
Anxiety attacks normal?

Showers keep down the itch for sure, sweat can breed bacteria that cause an itch... Some times during recovery we dont feel like taking a shower, but keeping the body clean will cut down on bacteria due to hot flash sweat etc. Do a search on the hyster site about itch and you will read soooo much great info on this subject.. GOOD LUCK
Unread 01-02-2008, 10:23 PM
Anxiety attacks normal?

lizard66

PLEASE contact who ever you can see first, this is hard to get through alone, dont be ashamed if you need to take any meds to help. I was trying not to take mine but broke down and now feel better cuz of it.. GOOD LUCK!!!

Unread 01-03-2008, 09:40 AM
Anxiety attacks normal?

Thank you for the reply. The problem is that I take a shower every morning and I would have these "itch attacks" at night while I am watching t.v., just BEFORE going to bed. I do have vivid dreams as well and sometimes cry in my sleep. I have "night sweats" but just temporarily hot, and I take the blanket off of me for a few minutes and then I put it back on once I cool off again. I will look at the "itch" site on Hyster Sisters too,
Much Thanks,
Toni
Unread 01-03-2008, 11:29 AM
Anxiety attacks normal?

It could be the meds you are taking too, since it happens at certain times of the day, keep a diary of the meds you take and then the itch starts, you may see they are the same... GOOD [email protected]!
Unread 01-03-2008, 02:15 PM
Anxiety attacks normal?

Nope, no meds, just the anti itch meds when I have the attack!!! Thanks for your reply, you have helped me immensely!! )))
Unread 01-22-2008, 01:21 PM
Anxiety terrible

I feel like most of you here ...is you anxiety worse in the morning or early afternoon? Mine seems worse early in the morning. More so, before I eat. My anxiety has kept me housebound, and am afraid to go anywhere, for fear of it happening while I am out. My DR perscribed me Lexapro and I heard from some it makes it worse the first couple weeks! How worse can it get. For some it worked great, but I am still afraid to take it. Suppose it makes the anxiety worse, than what?
Unread 01-22-2008, 01:42 PM
Anxiety attacks normal?

[quote=flameglow]I feel like most of you here ...is you anxiety worse in the morning or early afternoon? Mine seems worse early in the morning.

Definitely worse in the morning. I generally wake up in the middle of the night and it starts then. Last night was awful. I didn't want to take an Ativan because I had to be at work early and I was afraid of oversleeping. Once I have some coffee and food it does seem better. Then ended up taking an Ativan around 9:30am. Took an hour to work but I feel a lot better. At least I can think rationally now.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register