Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007 - Page 19 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007

Unread 01-18-2008, 07:47 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007

Glenda,

Yes, you are right. That is just what you do. Dh has been great. My toungue is sore from refaining for telling him how to do things like I do it LOL! He had two knee surgeries early last year and I was right there. And he has been great but this is my third down time in 7 months.....I sure it will only hold out so long LOL!

I have to say though it is tough being the only one doing everything......so this is a good wake up reminder for him.

Donna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2008, 08:05 AM

Ladybug: Yeah! DH has already told me he didn't know how much I really did until now. I wonder how long before selective memory kicks in?
Unread 01-18-2008, 08:21 AM

Good morning from Ohio. It's been two weeks since I came home from the hospital and I am doing well. I'm thnking about going back to work Tuesday-I have a sit-down job and my heaviest lifting is a file folder. I'm on salary so if I show up at all they have to pay me for the day, so I could work shortened hours if need be.

Most of you seem to be having a check-up at two weeks but my Dr. does not want to see me until 4 weeks (military hospital). Anyone else not seeing their Dr right away?

PS I agree with y'all about the housework. My DH has been great but he just does not live up to my standards--you have to move the bed over and vacuum under it--the carpeting is dark blue and every speck shows. Thank goodness for the hardwood thorough most of the house and the lightweight "Swiffer" I can use!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2008, 08:51 AM

Basebabe: I don't see my DR until 4 weeks, but I had to see him after I left the Hosp. ( about 3 days) to have my staples removed. I don't know if that makes a difference. When I was there that day all he did was take out the staples and give me my HRT prescription. Not much else happened, so if I didn't have to have the staples removed he may not have needed to see me I don't know.

Has anyone else visited the girls get going site? It's different, but it's interesting. I think I like it! LOL
Unread 01-18-2008, 11:24 AM

Nenna I will have to check it out!

Basebabe, I actually do not see my gyn until 4 weeks (had do see her monday causee I called crying in pain). I did see the nurse at one week to have the staples removed but the dr was not even there. The bladder surgeon wanted to see me at 2 weeks and then not until 3 months. It was to do an ultrasound to make sure my bladder was emptying and the sling was not causing any problems (I guess soemtimes things can be difficult after that procedure). Sounds like things are going well for you. And shhhhh don't tell me dh that a swiffer is light enough LOL!

I just got back from a trip to the kids school. Had to take my dd lunch money (she called saying she forgot it) and so I ate lunch with her and had to do a few things with the Yearbook that i am working on. But I overdid it by about 15 min (sore on the right side). But not too bad. Just have to learn my limits!

Donna
Unread 01-18-2008, 03:31 PM

Hi Ladies:
I convinced my husband to let me go to the grocery store to get a few things with him last night - 2 weeks post op today- going batty in the house. By about aisle 7 I was ready to leave - no pushing the cart for me, the 6 year old was doing that - that was a task in itself! LOL. Did anyone drive at 2 weeks? I want to, but I'm a little leary - any suggestions?
Take care all and keep resting.
Unread 01-18-2008, 04:01 PM

I drove a little bit the day after my two weeks were up. It made me a little tired, but thats about it. I just ran a few errands and then went home. I didn't want to go very far. But all in all it was an uneventful time.
Unread 01-18-2008, 08:41 PM

i got my stitches out at one week and drove that day to the school and back. Drove a longer distance tonight and did fine but was getting tired on the way home. decided it was more tense for me to let my my drive than to jsut drive her.....I like to be the one driving. LOL!

Donna
Unread 01-18-2008, 09:25 PM

I'm up late tonight because my 4 year old grand daughter is visiting. She eplained to me we were having a sleep over and I had to stay in her room until she went to sleep. (her mom is with her but she wants nenna too). She was going to cry to spend the night, so DD told her they would both stay since nenna ws still to sore to take care of her. I actually made dinner tonight by myself. It was just BBQ and french fries, but it took me 2 days to do the BBQ. LOL! I'm slow but steady. Well I think she's almost asleep, so maybe its time for bed...........
Unread 01-18-2008, 09:53 PM

that was staples not stitches! Hoep everyone is having I nece evening and is ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzz. I am headed there now. Good Night!

Donna

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register