Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007 - Page 21 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007

Unread 01-20-2008, 11:20 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007

Thank you for the thought. In pain from what I think is a hernia..back...stomach..etc. Here I was on my way to better days and am feeling sooo discouraged about the set back I'm going to try to give in to it until I see doc tomorrow. Here I thought I was going to start driving Monday...oh well. My sis drove 1 1/2 hours yesterday to do what I thought I was going to do, wash, bathrooms, etc. How wonderful our family can be. I'm very blessed and appreciative. I send positive vibes out to all of you recoverying since I can't be there to hug you all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2008, 11:22 AM

Be careful...way better to wait and give in to carpets not being up to par then to set yourself back
Unread 01-20-2008, 12:00 PM

treebee,
i was told not to touch the strips- just let them come of on their own... i was to let water from showering just run over the incision/strips & pat thuroughly dry. made sense to me... & the fell off one by one when the wound underneath "didn't need them anymore". seemed to work out just fine for me- i wouldn't sweat it- they'll come off
blessings,
pati
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2008, 12:20 PM

I had small incisions and they used skin glue. The second day the skin glue on one of my incisions fell off. I have steristrips at home (our pedi gives them to me for the kids) and I put my ownsteristrip and glue to redo it. It healed over good and I left it alone until if fell off itself.

Definitely do not vacuum!!! you'll regret it later! My floors have not been vacuumed for two weeks!!!!! I'm using it as a great excuse to put a dyson on my credit card when I get better! that or to hire a maid to clean through the whole house...I'd rather the dyson!

I'm doing good, I walked around the grocery store with the family again today and I am worn out! I know it's the fatigue due to blood loss, when does that go away? how long does it take for your body to recoop from blood loss??

I went to work yesterday and it went really well. I sit so it was easy going I have today off and then work tomorrow. It'll be slow tomorrow because people will think that we're closed due to the holiday.
Unread 01-20-2008, 12:34 PM
Still recovering......

Hello sisters!

I have not posted for a while. Things are going well for me. I can tell when I have overdone it though, just like all of you. I have not lifted anything heavy, pushed a cart or vacuumed but yesterday I did some baking and took a little walk in the morning. Last night I had to lay down with my feet up because I was spotting more than before. I have a question for everyone...I know that everyone is different, and I have been lightly spotting for the past couple of weeks. But, how much is too much? When do we worry? I am not soaking through a pad or even close to it, just like a light period. I just get really scared about the bleeding and I am unsure how much to watch for. I have no pain at all, just bleeding. Can anyone tell me?

I am happy to hear that all is well with everyone. I hope that my fellow hystersister does not have a hernia. I am sure that it is just a pull or something. It might be that a suture got disturbed and your body is just swollen to protect that part. Take it easy though....and do not worry about it. Worrying is the worst you can do. I know that I am so afraid of doing something wrong. I do not want to sacrifice my healing but I get so rustrated at how I have to take it easy. I am suprised that Kelly is able to bowl!! I cannot imagine the stae of my body after that....You go girl! Hopefully that went well.

Thank you for the support sisters!!

Elizabeth
LAVH 36 y.o., on Estodiol 2 mg, everything taken
Unread 01-20-2008, 06:15 PM
Miracles Do Happen!!!!!

Men CAN vacuum!!! I have ignored the need for vacuumed carpets since before my surgery (LAVH - 12/31/07) and when I was gone today with my daughter, both my DH and my 10 year old DS VACUUMED!! Yep I had 2 men vacuum today!

Wonder if I can get them to mop the floor now????

Julie
LAVH - 12/31/07 - kept the ovaries and feeling great
Unread 01-20-2008, 07:42 PM

LOL Julie! My dh vacuumed right inside the door at least LOL! Mom and sil have been here for dinner twice and have done the dishes after so the counters got wiped (dh doesnto seem to realize wiping counters goes with dishes LOL) He has done most the laundry. It is my bathrooms that need attention. I so want to call someone that used to clean our house just for one good cleaning.

Sounds like we all took it easy today!!!

I got stuff done I needed to on the laptop and then napped. I was early am with BM troubles and after a busy day yesterday I new to take it easy cause kids are home with me tomorrow. think my friend is coming over to help with my Yearbook deadline and bringing her kids to entertain mine.

have a good evening! BTW my insomnia seems to be not the issue anymore.

Donna
Unread 01-20-2008, 07:46 PM

Elizabeth, I am not sure how much is too much spotting. I am not really spotting....just discharge occasionally but then again bleeding was done at around 5 days. I would say when in doubt call your dr and ask......you should never sit and wonder. Take it easy!!!!

Donna
Unread 01-20-2008, 08:01 PM

I also had a couple of days of heavy spotting after doing too much. It was not quite 2 weeks post-op and I didn't think when I went to a couple of stores and pushed a heavy cart and picked up 12-packs of soft drinks. I took it easy and it went away. Hope you are feeling better soon!

Julie
LAVH - 12/31/07 - kept the ovaries and feeling great
Unread 01-20-2008, 11:35 PM

Hi!

I'm up for a few, with those darn night sweats! So I thought I'd catch up. I don't have them as bad as I used to, but still have the occasional one. I'm easy to wake up, and when I do can't easily go back to sleep either, so I'm sure that makes it worse.

Sounds like everybody has been having a nice weekend, with the exception of our sister with the possible hyrnia.

I hope you feel better soon.

My incision site is giving me a little problem. It looks like its trying to crack open slightly. DH said I've been pushing it a little too hard this weekend and to slow down a bit. I'm gonna try to take it easy tomorrow. He tried to get everything done this evening that would drive me crazy tomorrow. But I'm sure I can still find something to drive me nuts, it may not be obvious to him, but our ceiling fans are horrible. If I can't obsess over anything else I have that to fall back on. Between DH and DD everything looks pretty good, so I can't complain. But I probably did do too much without realizing it when I played with my Grand daughter all day Saturday. I was tired, but I so hated to see her go.
But my "sunshine" will be here tuesday. My Grandson usually spends one night a week with me, and we've had to postpone since the surgery. He's almost eight so I don't have do much with him except board games and such, so I'm looking forward to it. Both my Grandchildren mean the world to me. To make sure thay understand this, he is my "sunshine" and she is my "sweetheart". But I think I'm rambling so I'll try to curb my enthusiasm.
My prayer tonight, is that each of us has a better day!

Good Night & God Bless!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register