Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007 - Page 22 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007

Unread 01-21-2008, 05:06 AM
Week 4!

Dear Sisters
Well it is exactly three weeks since my op and I am feeling good.

I did a bit too much Saturday when DH took me to a little nearby town and we walked a bit further than I was used to and I felt unwell in the bookshop and had to quickly leave as there was nowhere to sit down. When I got home I went to bed for three hours!

Other than that is was a nice weekend,with my daughter and her fiance visiting and went for a short walk on the cliff tops from the car park on Sunday without harm.

My scar is very big and vertical, 12cm from navel to below my hair line and it is healing well but has started feeling a bit itchy and dry so this morning I bought some Bio-Oil to rub in to moisturise the skin. The womanwho served me is about to have a hysterectomy and was amazed how well I looked after three weeks. I think it gave her a bit of comfort to see someone who had been through it looking ok! I remember how it felt to be waiting and anxious so I hope I eased her worried a bit.

Today I feel bright enough to actually have a go at making some jewellery. Have a good day all.
Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2008, 05:19 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007

hello ladies, well i made it threw all 15 games of bowling on saturday. but man am i sore. i can barely walk sunday and today. but it was worth it i had a good time . now i have to take it easy to recoop. glad to see that most of you are feeling better. i hope our sister with the possible hernia is feeling better and i hope it is not a hernia. as for the house keeping well my step dad has been keeping up on that my husband just doent get it. although after asking him he did do the dishes last night. as for spotting my doc told me i could spot for 6 weeks or so . and i am still spotting after 3 weeks and when i do more i spot more so i guess for me that is normal but if you have any questions you should call your docs office and at least talk to the nurse. well ill go for now i hope everyone has a great day and feels better with every day that gos by.
Unread 01-21-2008, 07:01 AM

kellylamie - I can't believe you bowled all 15 games! I'm glad you had fun and am in awe of you :-) I hope you feel better soon!

My Dr. also said not to be alarmed about the spotting unless it got very heavy or I was concerned then I am to call her. So, I would call if you are worried.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Teresa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2008, 07:10 AM

Greetings Sisters!
So glad to hear all the great reports "Possible hernia Sister" let us know how things go w/doc today.

Anyone else in the ultra-freeze zones of the country? I've found the extreme temps are taking a huge toll on my energy level. I tried to take a walk yesterday & didn't get much past the end of the driveway!!! So- short of trying to take on walking the local mall- anyone have any activity/exercise suggestions? Any thoughts on using a step to get a few 'up n down's on? (easy pace & all that good stuff) LOL- I fel like such a wimp compared to Sister Bowling Queen- Kudos to you, my dear!

Re spotting- I guess I'm abnormal (still!?) The only lil bit I had was the day I came home cuz the cat decided to do something he's never done before... jump onto my stomach instead of my lap! But it's Monday, now- let's all get our questions to our respective docs & report back on how wonderful we all are

Blessings all!
Pati
Unread 01-21-2008, 07:28 AM

Hi, I havent posted for a while. I guess I am feeling unsociable. It is WAY cold here, sometimes hitting -50 with the windchill. So, I am not going out a lot. I still hurt but its not the sharp pain it used to be but more of an all over ache around my midsection. I did vacuum, but I have a Dyson so it didnt seem to be so hard? I am not doing any heavy lifting but unloading the dishwasher seems to be difficult for me. Maybe it is the bending. My dh has been great; my kids... not so much! I started an estrogen patch last week because of night sweats and its helped SO much (Its called Vivelle). I am still taking Darvocet every now and then for the pain, like this morning it woke me up because I hurt so much. Anyway, sorry I havent been aroundbeing supportive. I am sleeping a lot and I dont know if that is because my body is run down or its my depression. I hope being in Hawaii in March turns things around, being in the sun a lot and stuff. Hope all of you are doing well!
Unread 01-21-2008, 07:57 AM

Way to go kellie, I'm glad you enjoyed yourself! I sometimes wish I had a hobbie away from home. Because my hobbie is right here when I get stir crazy it doesn't help.
I hope you rest today and the soreness subsides.

To everyone else, take care and have a Blessed Day!
Unread 01-21-2008, 09:51 AM

having a hobbie is an excellent thing to have for your body and brain. gettting out of the house 2 times a week to bowl helps me feel like i have a life out side the home. i also crochet which has been helping me keep myself busy here at home i am also stir crazy some days i have a ton of pent up energy and others i am so beat i can hardly roll off the couch. i guess this is normal but i hate this part of healing when you can do some things but still cannont get back to your normal life. well every one take care and thank you to everyone for the support i have recomended this site to everyone i know that is thinking of a hysterectomy to get support because this has been a life saver for me to have others going threw the same thing is soooo helpful .
Unread 01-21-2008, 11:18 AM

Good Morning Sisters!!!!

Kelly, wow on the bowling but take it easy for awhile.

oh, my post hyst brain is not retaining what I jstu read and wanted to respond to but it looks like with the exception of the Sister with a possible Hernia we are all slowly getting there.

I have been taking it easy just sitting here working on the Yearbook for school but now I see whay my dr said no working from home. this is stressing me out and wearing me out. I have someone coming over soon to help me knock out these last pages though. Then I can take a break after I take care of getting my Brownie meeting ready for tomorrow. Whew LOL! At least I am laying in bed though.

Insomnia seems to be better so maybe the HRT is kicking in. I am on day 8 of that and have not had a hot flash or night sweats in a few days.

Well my kids are home with me today but being good about me working on the yearbook. When my friend comes she is bringing her kids to entertain mine and lunch so I do not have to make it. She had a hysterectomy a few years ago so she knows how it is. She is a teacher at the school and helps me get the yearbook proofed.

Ok, sisters, have a great day and no one vacuum......close your eyes or take a walk!! LOL!

Donna
Unread 01-21-2008, 02:13 PM

Hi Ladies!

DS and family, gave me a swivel sweeper for my birthday. I'm amazed it just glides over the carpet, and you wouldn't believe how good it picks up lightweight stuff. I just quickly went over my forest green carpet, which I thought was fairly clean, since DD shampooed it for me saturday, and theres been nobody here but DH and I. It picked up a handful of dirt, lint and dog hair from my 2 Jack Russel's (really short hairs) I'll really love it when my babies come back. I babysit three "babies" from the age of 18 months to 3 years. We know how messy they can be.

I hope everyone is doing ok today, especially our sister with the possible hernia.
Unread 01-21-2008, 05:55 PM

Hi, I am looking for hystersister called CASITA48 WHO HAD HER SURGERY ON 1/3. I went to Dr today for my post-op and she told me behind uteris was a huge amount of endo and adenomysis. I noticed CASITA48 you mentioned this in your recovery. Have you found out exactly what adenomysis is? Please reply to.........
dallas 24

Had uteris, both ovaries removed on jan 2nd. Due to severe pain every month.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register