Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007 - Page 26 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007

Unread 01-27-2008, 06:17 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007

Good Morning!
I had my post op on Friday and everything is good. I don't need to return unless I have a concern. I can return to work when I feel up to it. I probably won't for a week or so. I was so sore yesterday after all the walking on Fri. but so far this morning I feel pretty good :-) I still can only sleep on my back or right side, the left side is a bit more tender. No HRT yet and depending on how things go maybe never. My surgeon (gyn/onc.) isn't real keen to give them to me as my mom had breast cancer and my grandma had ovarian cancer. I had 3 big endometriomas, adenmyosis and couple of fibroids. I've been reading the path report! I guess everything was really stuck together and she couldn't save my cervix, I really debated about that but looks like I made the right choice anyway. I don't know why but that makes me feel better. I was looking at my hand where the IV was and noticed a big lump about an inch down for the spot where it was. Anybody else get something like that? Seems like there is always something to worry about :-)

Kelly-I hope you start to feel better soon. It sounds so frustrating. I hope you get answers on Monday! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers!

Teresa
TAH/BSO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2008, 07:46 AM

treebee- glad every thing checked out good on friday for you. dont push yourself too early to go back to work you dont want to get there and feel sick and have to go home. just my thought. i am glad they were able to get all that junk out of you you must have been very uncomfortable with all that. thanks for the well wishes i hope to be feeling better soon. today is better than friday for me but the issue is still there i guess i am just getting used to the pain and moving on. i am going to get out of my house today and go for a ride that will make me feel better. well ill go for now hope all are having a great day kelly.
Unread 01-27-2008, 08:18 AM

Kelly, Sorry that you are still having tummy troubles. Hope you get some answers soon.

Guess we are all feeling better and doing more. Board is quiet. We ae visiting out of town. Nice to see everyone. Concert was fun but lots of screaming (Hannah montana LOL) Kids enjoyed it. but I ran to catch sil on the other side of hte stadium without thinking and am now spotting. So we are driving back today adn then I will be resting. I go to the dr on wed. I am leaking a bit so I hope that I did nto undo my bladder sling.

Ok, I better run. Kids are up. Time to get on the road.

Donna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2008, 09:04 AM

Donna - hope you didn't do any damage. It can be difficult not to over do! I've been sore since all the walking I did on Fri. Board is really quiet, we most all be feeling better and be out doing stuff

Hope everyone has a great day!

Teresa
Unread 01-27-2008, 09:42 AM

TreeBee - my vein that held the IV was swollen and sore for nearly 2 weeks. A couple of my nurses mentioned that the pain meds were very tough on your veins - one of the reasons they pushed them slower than other drugs. It is now back to normal.

I am feeling pretty good - been back to work for nearly 2 weeks but I know I still occassionally overdo it. Felt kinda weird yesterday (tired, winded, lightheaded and slightly sick to my stomach) but better today. Spotting is gone and incisions are almost entirely invisible (although still slightly itchy).

Julie
LAVH - 12/31/07 - kept the ovaries and feeling great
Unread 01-27-2008, 07:31 PM

Dood Evening Ladies,

I really don't have much to report here, except I've been extremely bloated this weekend. I haven't done anything different, but my belly seems swollen a little more. I guess it's all part of healing.

Kelly I hope your digestion problems get better, if not I hope your doctor can figure out why soon.

Donna I'm glad you guys had a fun trip, sorry you hurt yourself though. I remember when I took my DD and some of her friends to see NSYNC several years ago, those things are a mad house, I can see how you did it.

I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend & as always, God Bless
Unread 01-27-2008, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treebee
Good Morning!
I had my post op on Friday and everything is good. I was looking at my hand where the IV was and noticed a big lump about an inch down for the spot where it was. Anybody else get something like that? Seems like there is always something to worry about :-)

Teresa
TAH/BSO
Hi girls!! It seems like ages since I've popped on here. I can only stay a moment and then it is bed time! It seems like all I am doing is working so I never have time to pop on here any more. Which since all I am doing is working, I must be healing pretty well. I've have some pinching in my groin muscle but that is about it, and I really don't think he did anything to my groing muscle. Every now and then if I've bent too much or bent and twist wrong I'll get a pinching in my left side, like maybe where the ovary still is. But I'll tell the boss it hurts and go sit down. Thank goodness he is cool with that, but then he is just glad he is able to count on me helping him out. We had 3 of the 7 employees not come back to work after our remodel so we are just a bit short handed. I was supposed to go back 3-4 hours a day to start and I don't really think I've worked a 4 hour day yet. But I enjoy being there and the boss keeps telling me that if I am not feeling well to leave and he'll handle it, but I feel fine so....... I'll work to earn the money to pay for that surgery.

Okay, now what I went to reply to. Teresa- I too have issues with one of my veins. Thenurse said it was cause they pushed Phenegren through it, but I just feel that it should feel better by now. I have like 3 lumps in the vein right at the bend of my arm. I think I am going to call the doctors tomorrow cause I am not scheduled to go back in until 2/13 which is my 6 week check up. I've never had an issue with a vein after any IV before and it is really bugging me. Please let us know if you find out anyting and I'll try to get back on here and post what they said to me.

Hang in there.
Hugs
Laura
Unread 01-28-2008, 05:14 AM

Good Morning Everyone!

I appreciate the info on the lump in my hand! I did a search and it seems it's pretty common. I wish I had noticed it before I went to the dr. could have had her check it out. It seems a little smaller today.

Laura - let me know if you find out anything and I'll do the same. Are yours sore? Mine is a little tender but that is better today as well. Did you have an IV where the bumps are?

Got out yesterday to visit the DH's parents they live about an hour away. It was a nice day for a drive and it felt good to get out and do something. When we got home I crashed on the couch. I think I was still recovering from Friday. Donna I don't know how you did the concert :-)

Well, I hope everyone has a great day,

Teresa
Unread 01-28-2008, 08:27 AM

Good Morning Everybody!

I hope everyone is doing fine this morning. To everyone who has DRs visits: I hope everything gets taken care of and your road to recovery is back on track.

My 4 yo Grand daughter visited this weekend, we played uno. She just turned 4 a couple of weeks ago. She amazes me. Do little kids get smarter as you get older?

Well DH just called I have to make some calls for him looking for car parts. WOOHOO!

God Bless!
Unread 01-28-2008, 08:44 AM

Hello,

I am new to this site. I have viewed the both pre and post op and found a lot of useful information. I am 3 1/2 weeks post op and feeling pretty good. I am able to drive now and feel my sense of independence returning. Although tiring, I think walking around in the mall for the past three days have helped me to sleep better. I have had a lot of difficulty getting and staying asleep since my surgery. I do experience quite a bit of belly pain as the day wears on and it is worse at night especially on my left side. I don't know if the removal of my left ovary has anything to do with this. I trust this will get better soon. I did not have much pain after surgery so this is surprising.

I was going a bit stir crazy until I was able to move around my house freely. My physician limited my stair climbing to once or twice a day. So I was confined to the upstairs of my home for 2 weeks. I am able to move freely about my home now. I am doing some cooking, which brings me tremendous satisfaction. I have a ton of home projects to complete prior to returning to work.

I go for my post op checkup in 2 weeks. My only visit to my physician since discharge was for the staple removal the week after discharge. Since things looked good, he felt a 5 week check up was fine.

I am taking 8 weeks off of work. I am fearful of going back to work too soon and causing some problems. My mother had a hysterectomy at about the same age as I am and she felt she went back to work to soon. So I guess I am being overly cautious.

I thank each of you for sharing your stories. They have helped me tremendously.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register