Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007 - Page 27 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007

Unread 01-29-2008, 04:26 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007

Good morning !
I hope today brings good health to all. I don't have much to post, except for some odd reason my incision has decided to bother me from the inside. It really hasn't until now, I'm really not sure why now. I guess it's just a stage, or I've done something I shouldn't have and can't remember what.
Which with the brain fog I've been having thats possible.LOL

DD and I went to meet a new addition to our family yestreday. One of my neices had a little boy, babies are soooo sweet. Especially when you get to give them back to Mommy when you're tired.

Well I guess I've said enough, so Have a Great Day & God Bless!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2008, 07:41 AM

HomeBound! I had surgery the same day as you. And really other than my gas pain /belly issues 1 1/2 weeks post op I am doing well except for overdoing it here and there.

Not sure who started the posts about the knot on the hand but I have them in a few places and yes pherngan which is was getting every 4 hours was the culprit and why I have 3 or 4 veins like that. But actually today only one more seems bruised. Pretty common!

Kelly, how is your stomach doing? Able to eat/drink more?

Glenda, sounds like you are easing back in which is good!

As to the concert, yes I am amazed I did it too but I was not going to miss experiencing that with the kids. Originally when the ticket were bought my surgery day was early dec adn I would have been further out but moved that not to ruin the holidays (and make my work happier) I did ok though.

Now for the fun part. My mom is getting divorced. She was here 6 weeks in May/June helping me after the gastric bypass and he decided he did not want to be married anymore. So we moved her from 7 hours away to here. Well she for various medical reasons (and finacial too) just can't despite the trying live by herself and will be moving in with us this weekend. I just hate I can't lift. And will not lift as to not undo anything. So it will be interesting aroudn here for sure!!!!!

So wish me luck!!!! I will need it. Mom and I ....well we always missed each other while apart and tolked everyday but once together we would fight. She has OCD BAD and I have two kids and two dogs and two cats.....see the pattern? LOL! But we are moving our living furniture upstairs tot he gameoom including the big tv and wii and letting her put her things in the living area downstairs so it will be nice and neat and always clean and should be ok. And this will not be a short term deal......she ill be with us permentantly it looks like. She just can't live alone. I have to remember to call her and wake her up several times in the am or she is late. We have had to rush over in the middle of hte night......so eventually we will have to look into getting a 4 bedroom house cuase ds will now have his bed in the playroom which for now he is THRILLEd but eventually he will want his rom back. LOL!

So will be an interesting next few weeks. I go to the dr tomorrow for my check up. I will find out then my return day to work which work is anxiosly awaiting but I am scared to return to soon.....we shall see what she says.

Donna
Unread 01-29-2008, 08:46 AM

Donna - good luck with moving your mom! I hope it works out great for everyone and please remember don't lift anything!!! It is so hard to not over do. Good luck at the Dr.'s tomorrow, if you have questions maybe write them down. I forgot a couple of things like when can I take a bath :-) guess I'll just wait till the 6 week mark. Not a big deal but if I had written my questions down I would have gotten answers to them.

I've been pretty careful the last couple of days and I do feel better not so sore. I drove for the first time yesterday. I just hadn't had to before and that went well although I could feel it a little in my incision. Does anybody use a pillow still in the car? I'm scared not too.

Anybody been putting lotion on the incision site? I'm starting to peel/flake pretty bad and have been putting lotion on the sides of my tummy which is doing the same thing. I'm not sure what would be okay to use on the incision site. I have the lump in my hand from the IV and that is much smaller but there is a bruise. Sounds like it is pretty common. Thank you guys for all the reassurances!!!

I'm full of questions today...

I hope everyone has a great day!

Teresa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2008, 10:20 AM

hello ladies, i am glad to hear that everyone is getting back to there lives, ii just got home from a test at the hospital and guess what i have an obstution agian and now i am waiting for the doctor to call me and tell me what is next . i have a partical obstruction that is causing me all the pain and it needs to be taken careof. i will not give up until i feel better. it looks like more surgery for me yea ha. they think there is also some narrowing in another part of my bowel too. so eating and drinking is just not pleasent. i still get very hungery tho so i jus dont know what to do i guess ill eat soup. till the doc tells me what to do. sorry to lay this on you guys but i think my poor family is just as frustrated as i am . and i dont wanna whine to them any more. i just need an out let. thank you soo much . i will try and keep you posted but if i have more surgery ill be in the hospital and wont beable to post, my hubby is computer illterate. so ill get back in touch as soon as i know any thing. thanks agian kelly.
Unread 01-29-2008, 10:40 AM

I agree, it is very hard to remember not to over do it. I was feeling great the other day, just as if I could return to normal routine. Big mistake, I am in the process of moving from my apartment into my boyfriends house, so much to do, but not capable of doing it all just yet. Must have lifted something I shouldn't have, because my incision is sore, and my body told me enough, I just woke up after sleeping for 14 hours. Feel much better now, not going out today just relaxing. I am still learning patience in letting the healing process take its course
Unread 01-29-2008, 12:06 PM
Recovery

Kely- I am sorry to hear about your obstruction. I think it will be great when you finally get all of this resolved. At least it did not take as long for them to find out what was wrong with you. I have never had an obstruction so I do not know how that feels, but I hope this next surgery solves everything for you. To all of the other sisters out there-here is to a day of recovery and heanling. Every day gets better and better for me. I just get so exhausted from doing the littlist of activity. I am wondering when that feeling will go away.
I have never felt quite this tired before. My whole body aches and feels shaky. Does everyoe else get like this? I am back at school and I am starting work agai next week-we will see how that goes.

I hope all is well with the rest of you.

Elizabeth
Unread 01-29-2008, 12:28 PM

Kelly - Oh my gosh don't feel bad about venting! That's one of things we are here for! You have plenty to be frustrated with at the moment and we are here to help you get through this. I sure hope you feel better soon! Keep us posted.

Elizabeth - I get tired easily too. I was hoping to return to work next week but I'm gonna see how I feel. You are back at school already and I bet that's draining. I find sitting in one positions too long makes me sore (like at the computer). I have to remember to get up a move around.

Everyone take care!

Teresa
Unread 01-29-2008, 12:35 PM

Elizabeth, I had surgery the same day as you, and YES I still get tired and shaky when I push myself that extra little bit. I'm not overdoing by any means, just walking. I am still not allowed to go back to work for at least 2 more weeks because I would be lifting toddlers. They're just too hyper for me right now and the work that would be involved with three to four of them a day SCARES me right now. I hope I feel stronger in 2 weeks, or I'm toast! LOL!
Maybe you need some vitamins also, my DR said to make sure to take a good multi with iron supplement. He said it would make me heal better.

Kelly I'm sorry to hear you need more surgery, and pray it will be your last.
I hope you feel better every day as I do everybody else.
Unread 01-29-2008, 01:19 PM

Kelly, sorry you have an obstrucion again. i am alwo sorry you have to have surgery again. I am going to ask my dr but I thnk I know have a rectocele and hope that will not mean more surgery for me.

Glenda, I have two weeks left also and I am getting scared. I am hoping they jsut have me work a day or two that first week. I work 12 hour days....so ai am nervous.

Elizabeth, I get tired and shaky as well.

I am insistent that I am not going ot mess up my surgery. So I called my yard guy who does not have yards to mow and lined him and his dad up to help dh. I refuse to undo anything!!!!! LOL!
Unread 01-29-2008, 01:48 PM

I sit at a desk most of the day and even that right at the moment sounds like too much. Maybe next week I'll feel different. I am pretty bored :-)

Glenda - lifting toddlers does sound scary!!! Not just the weight but they squirm so much.

Ladybug - why do you think you have a rectocele? I just heard about that the other day and I hope you don't have one. More surgery doesn't sound fun. There are just too many things to worry about.

I'm going to start taking my vitamns again, I haven't been just because of the constipation issues but that seems to be better.

I wish everyone good health!

Teresa

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register