Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007 - Page 29 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007

Unread 01-30-2008, 04:13 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007

Teresa,

Unfortunately, I caught a cold in the hospital so I came home with a cold. Sneezing, coughing and blowing my nose were the most painful things. I did not take anything for the cold due to other medications. However, I load up on water so that I could flush the cold out as quickly as possible. The pain of a cough, sneeze, or nose blowing was lessened if I bent over the bed to cushion my belly.

Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2008, 04:25 PM

Glenda,

I work two jobs also. Although I am quite sedentary in my jobs, I am concerned about the long hours sitting and the demands of both jobs. That is why I took 8 weeks off and would like to extend it a few more weeks until after spring break. I want to be as back to 100% as possible. I have a hard time limiting myself to a 12 hour work day. I can't see me doing less than that but I do not want a set back. If you have the sick time and your doctor will allow it, I say take as much time as possible.

Gloria
Unread 01-31-2008, 06:13 AM

Good Morning Ladies!

I hope everyone is feeling good today!

Gloria - what a bummer to catch a cold in the hospital. I've been pretty paranoid about the kids colds but I finally caught it. I took some Nyquil (half a dose) last night because my throat was so scratchy and I kept wanting to cough to clear it. I feel asleep in my recliner for about 30 min. and then got up and went to bed and couldn't sleep moral of the story is go to bed right away I guess. Thank you for the tip on what to use on my tummy.

Donna - it makes my tummy hurt just thinking about steam cleaning! Please take it easy. I know it's hard but you need to recover!

Maybe we should all go to a movie this weekend and then compare notes. Might do us all good to get out.

I seriously think I'm going to go back half days when I return to work. I just don't think I can do the whole day yet. I feel good most of the time, especially the last few day (except for this darn cold). I hope my work will be okay with that. I don't get sick days and have now used up all my vacation days and my DH works in construction and worked yesterday but is off now for the rest of the week so money is tight and I need to get to work

I know a few of you have Dr. appts today I hope they all go well!

Have a great day!

Teresa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2008, 07:59 AM

Good morning!

I hope everybody is feeling well this morning. Not much to say about my day so far, except the weather sucks! I took my dogs out for a few minutes and even they wanted to come back in! LOL! I took care of all the small household chores I am able to do yestreday, so today I'm wandering around trying to find something to do. AGAIN! Since there is no one here but DH and I theres not many daily chores to do, as long as the dogs behave.
Donna & Candace, I hope your health issues are settling them selves better today, we're all thinking about you.
Teresa, I made the nyquil mistake last week, I hope you feel better today.

God Bless !
Unread 01-31-2008, 05:21 PM
4 weeks post op and feelin great !!!

Hey Sisters !!!!! Today I'm 4 weeks post op and I feel great. Still taking it easy and doing little as possible. I hope you ladies are doing well too. I'm really bored, tired of word find puzzles, television, dvd movies, music and watching the cars drive by !!!!! I'm looking forward to going back to work......Neena, Teresa, Glenda and Donna hang in there ladies, this will all be a memory soon!
Unread 01-31-2008, 10:54 PM

Hi Everyone! had my dr appt. She actually said my vaginal cuff is healed. I think that if I had pushed hte issue she might have agreed to let me go back to work. But she prefers I wait until 6 weeks. I told her how apprehensive I was to go back to work. I also told her that I was afraid of a rectocele so she checked again and said no it is still jsut my same issues (sorry tmi) My bladder sling is still there and ok. that was good to know. We discussed my hot flashes despite the hrt so we upped the dose. And I have to go back one more time before she will release me to work. So that is two weeks.

Hope everyone else is asleep. LOL I am heading there now.

Donna
Unread 02-01-2008, 02:05 AM

Hi all!

Well as you can see, the insomnia is back. Hopefully just for tonight. I don't know why I couldn't sleep all night, I was exhausted when I went to bed. Yesterday I over did it a little and my incision protested, this morning I am still a little sore, but I don't think it is anything to worry over.
Donna & Candace: I hope you're getting the answers to your tummy problems, and they're repaired quickly.

Now to see if I can find something on this darn TV....................

God Bless!
Unread 02-01-2008, 08:03 AM

Hello Ladies,

I just have to pass a home remedy my sister and I have been experimenting with. We both have childredn ranging in age from 7-12. When one gets sick we all get sick....and it lasts forever. It started with sore throats. I was so worried about getting a cold...etc. So we started drinking organic apple cider vineger in water. Just a splash, maybe 1T and enough water to get it down.....and OMGoodness...it works! We can't believe it. As soon as one of the children say they have a sore throat or sneeze out comes the vinegar. Please let me know if it works for you
Unread 02-01-2008, 03:56 PM

hi ladies, just to let you know i am home form the hospital and it is a very long story in cluding a long painful road and the fact that i should still be there . but oh well. i am a month out of my hysterectomy and thought my life would be on a new lease not this with my stomach. it is crazy. i am still in a lot of pain so i am going to go lay down now all take care kelly.
Unread 02-01-2008, 04:15 PM

Kelly - I hope you feel better soon! I also hope they were able to fix your tummy problems

Teresa

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register