Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007 - Page 30 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007

Unread 02-01-2008, 05:32 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007

Kelly, I am glad you are home and hope you feel better soon. so did they do surgery?

Sisterjw, I have been doing the apple cider vinegar thing for years.....really draws out the mucuous too which is gross but gets it out if you gargle with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2008, 05:25 AM

Donna, that's great news that you don't have a rectocele! I'm glad you didn't push to go back to work. I only asked if I could and my Dr. said sure I may actually go in for a little while Mon. or Tues. (depending on my cold). I talked to them about coming back part time for a week or two and they were fine with that. When my mom had her hyst she took nine weeks. I wish I had that much vacation time!

Glenda, I'm sorry the insomnia is back. I don't know what to do about that. I don't think I really have insomnia but I wake up several times a night and then I'm up around 5 or so, today I made it til 6. Nyquil use to put me to sleep and I wouldn't wake up in 30 min. I think they've changed the formula :-) There isn't much on TV early - think I'll go read my book.

I hope everyone feels great today!

Teresa
Unread 02-02-2008, 07:33 AM

they did do a scope under anastectic and took some biopsisys then they did injections in my stomach wall while i was fully awake to try and take down some of the inflamtion that they think is going on in there they dont believe that there is an obstuction in there like the one doctor said there was talk about confusing. i still can not eat or drink comfortably and i still have a ton of pain . now i am constipaited agian this is sooo frustrating. i see the doc agin on friday. they have changed my meds all around too. they think it is my fibromyasia flaring really really bad i did not know it could affect the stomach and bowel this way but i guess it can, i just hope they fix me soon, well that is what is happening here all take care. and i hope your healling well. kelly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-03-2008, 01:30 AM

Teresa, if I could go back to work part time or even half days I would but it is an all or nothing kind of thing. So I will wait it out. As for vacation though I have FMLA nad my job is protected because of the two recent surgeries and sck days due to that....I only had about 2 weeks of pay and the other 4 are not which is making it real tough!!! But we will manage!

Kelly, I hope you get some answers soon.

well my mom moved in wiht us today. The house has stuff everywhere while we try and make room but all in all going well. I really feel this well be permanent and then we will look for a bigger place. For now we will be nice and cozy LOL! (Actually thankfully last year we moved into his bigger house nad it is ok) My son has move to a corner of the game room but he loves it LOL and set hmself uppa reading corner and he has the "big" tv in his room and could not be happier LOL!

I played the princess role and sat adn directed LOL! I am determined not to overdo things.

Well, you can see by this post that insomnia is raring again LOL! I may go ahead and take and ambien even though it is late. DH is home tomorrow and can get up with the kids (well he does evey mornign lately LOL)

Hoep everyone is having a nice weekend!

Donna
Unread 02-03-2008, 09:00 PM

Hi Ladies,

Is anyone still having swelling? I am still swollen over my incision and sore daily. The pain is less as time passes, but it's the swelling that I wish would go away. I am home alone a lot since my husband works 2 1/2 hours away and stays overnight 3-4 nights a week. I am also a foster mom to a 5 month old, so I am having to do more than I should! I go to see my Dr. next Friday. My recovery may be delayed because I needed surgery again 10 days after my hysterectomy because of a bleeding artery. I'm just wondering if I'm the only one still swollen!

Susan
Unread 02-04-2008, 08:03 AM

Susan,

Wednesday will be 5 weeks post op for me. I still have a swollen belly and pain around my incision. Sleeping is still uncomfortable and my belly pain gets more pronounced as night time approaches. I do get some relieve with the scar medication the Dr. told me to use. Hope things get better for you.

Kelly, it sounds like you have a lot of things going on. I will keep you in my prayers.

Teresa, I go back to work in 3 1/2 weeks. That gives me a total of 8 weeks off. From a boredom perspective, I am ready to go back to work. However, I am apprehensive about returning to my pre-hyst work schedule. I am a bit of a work-a-holic and don't know if I can limit myself. I love what I do so it doesn't seem like work and I am prone to overdoing it. I'll continue with my household projects so that I feel like I am working. But shredding old files is boring!!!

Gloria
Unread 02-04-2008, 08:45 AM

Susan,

I still have swellig towards the evening and tenderness especially ot the right side. I had a stent placed on my badder so the groin pain for me is the worst right now. REALLY pulls LOL! But all it all it is geting better.

Gloria, I though I wnated to go back ot work at 4 weeks but last week at me 4 week check the dr asked me when I want to go back to work (she had told me before absolutly not until 6 weeks,) I told her at least not until 6 weeks and she laughed and said....."see I told you that you would cahnge your mind" It was jsut more than I thought. Actually I have a lot of anxiety about going back. I am kind of a workaholic as well adn myu "extra" touches have not been done for the hole time I am gone so I know I will throw myself in.....so I will delay as long as I can.

Tick Tock that time is approaching. You all say you are board. Me I am stressed cause I wanted to do a certain amount of projects scrapbooks, shredding or papers LOL, all sorts of sitting tasks that are piling up and my time is almost up and I am far from done LOL!!!Of course no matter how long I had off I would never be done LOL! And my projects were pushed aside again cause with my mom moving in her this weekend we have been busy finding homes for all our STUFF. Don't worry......I refused to lift or carry or do anything. I sat in a chair like the princess I am directing traffic and barking orders LOL

Have a good start of the week.....where is everyone!!!

Donna
Unread 02-04-2008, 08:52 AM

Donna,
Good luck with the insomnia, I can't go a night yet without the ambien, even if I'm tired. I will go to sleep, but then wake an hour later ready to stay awake all night. But with the ambien I can sleep about 4 hours before waking.
I had a busy weekend, DD had to work Saturday, so I had my grand daughter until 1, then DD and I took her to a birthday party. Sunday I had a houseful of in-laws, my kids and grandkids. By the time everybody was gone I was pooped, so today I'm recuperating. It's so quiet after the weekend I just might go crazy. LOL!
Susan,
I will be 5 weeks post op Wednesday also, and still have a swelly belly. I don't know how long we'll have one but I'll be glad to see mine go too! I still have a little soreness but not too bad. My soreness does worsen at night but it's still bearable. It lessens everyday so I hope yours will also.

I hope everyone has a Blessed Day!
Unread 02-04-2008, 11:56 AM
recovery notes

Good afternoon sisters!

I am sorry that I have not written for a while-I have been reading everyone's postings though. I am doing ok. Last night I got a low grade fever and I had a lot of pain on my right side-kind of a pressure and pulling sensation. There was ALOT ofpressure there when I went pee and it would go away a bit after that then come again. It would not feel bad when I was sitting down or laying down-only when I stood up. So, I paged my Dr. that did my surgery. She said it was probably not related to my surgery and that I should call my pc physician. What??
Anyways, my fever left after some ibupropen and I felt a bit better when I woke this morning. I am going to see my pc today though just to make sure.

i went with my fiance on Saturday to check out matresses and I was getting on and off beds quite a few times. Maybe I pulled something? I do not know. I will find out today. I am so frustrated with my body sometimes because I feel a lot better and do something and then I am wiped out. I have a swelly belly every night too. I had LAVH surgery and I can tell that my insides are healing because I feel pulling and popping sometimes. I am back to school and I am not going back to work yet because this requires me to be on my feet for 8 hours a day and lifting things. I am going to wait until I get an ok from my Gyn. Well, I am glad to hear that everyone is feeling better-Kelly I hope that you get some rest and some answers soon.

Happy healing to all!
Elizabeth
Unread 02-04-2008, 12:01 PM

5 days post op ladies today and feeling good. Hope everyone is doing well too.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register