Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007 - Page 32 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007

Unread 02-05-2008, 10:02 PM
4 1/2 weeks and counting

Reading all these post, I am trying to see if my recovery fits with what others are experiencing. I was hoping 4 weeks + post op I would be feeling great, but not quite there yet. I see some ladies are still having discomfort 10-12 weeks out.

Here is where I am:
UPS-
*can put my socks on by myself (smile);*a little more energy;*no more spotting;*driving short distances (w/my pillow);*doing a little work from home and light housework
*using no pain medication;*lost 7 lbs.
DOWNS-
*still have swelly belly-thank goodness for elastic waist pants;*still have "pulling", "pinching" discomfort mostly on right side;*sensation of "pulling" or heaviness in vaginal area when standing;*can't sleep comfortably on either side yet (even with pillows);*still suffering insomnia

Best to everyone, keep on marking the days on your calendars to days of feeling better!

Unread 02-06-2008, 08:43 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007

jct79, I thought for sure at 4 weeks I would be bounceing off the walls......not such luck. Not energy for that LOL But it gets stronger everyday. I also have the pulls on the right side, but things get better everyday!

Donna (5 weeks post op today)
Unread 02-06-2008, 09:20 AM

Thanks Donna. I really thought I was doing ok and woke up this morning with some blood again, very red. More than just a little spotting. I called doc and she said just to monitor it, that it could be that I had some stitches coming out, or over did it. Gosh I hope that is all it is.
One day forward and one day back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2008, 10:00 AM

I had somthing like that a few days ago.....now back to nothing. a day at a time.....htat is all we can do.....I have to go back to work in a weeka nd a half......boy am I getting nervous!!!!!

Donna
Unread 02-06-2008, 10:45 AM

Hello Ladies,

I have been busy doing too much over the last few days. I felt really good on Monday so I decided to organize my linen closet. The results are wonderful but I was so wiped out. It didn't feel like I was doing much at the time but I paid for it Monday night and all day Tuesday.

I sympathize with those of you who have colds. They feel worse now because of the surgery. The good thing is they do go away with fluids and rest which we should be getting a lot of. To relieve some of the ear pain, my Dr told me to hold my nose and blow. This relieves some of the congestion. It did work for me. However, I had to do it more than once.

Kelly you are in my prayers. Keep your head up.

My DD is home today due to one of the worst snow storms we have had in Milwaukee in a long time. Her closet is in dire need of cleaning and organizing. Wish me luck that I don't over do it but I have to get in there.

Take care

Gloria
Unread 02-07-2008, 05:26 AM

Blessings to all- especially those having troubles!
I'm currently in the "Hey- I'm feeling great... think I'll.... (whatever)" Well, I get through the 'whatevers' pretty well then find myself crashed out for several hours! It's amazing me how little stamina I have! Of course, then the tummy aches as well... but it's really nothing compared to the total lack of 'staying power'.
I sure hope everyone continues to do well... & our 'problem sisters' get back on the road to recovery very soon!
Happy Thursday to all,
Pati
Unread 02-07-2008, 06:16 AM

The bleeding from yesterday has subsided, but I really think I feel worse than at two weeks. I have a pulling sensation that feels like it is going straight down the vagina and right side continues to hurt. No appetite and a little nauseous. And hot flashes! In my mind I should be feeling better each day, but seems like suddenly I'm heading in the opposite direction. Hope it is just a phase!
Unread 02-07-2008, 07:29 AM
scar tissue?

It seems like I'm pretty much recovering at the normal pace compared to all my hystersisters. I too thought I'd be bouncing off walls by now with energy. I'm also spotting, for over a week. I went in yesterday for my 5 week check up. As the doc did a check, he felt something not normal. Then he did a rectal....oh so not fun! He kept going back and forth...very very painful. He told me to fast and take a fleet enema before I see him next Wed. Anyone else have such a response? I told him it still hurts everytime I have a bowel movement or urinate. Has anyone else felt this way?

Thanks to all.
Unread 02-07-2008, 07:35 AM

We've been drinking it down with a bit of water. My 9 year old even asked for it straight yesterday...we all looked on in amazement to see her swig it down...I can't believe how it works! It's affordable and curative
Unread 02-07-2008, 10:44 AM
not over yet

Hello all...
I have been reading your posts and wanted to say that I have those symptomas as well. A do get nauseous sometimes and I lose my appetite. I also have pulling on my right side and pain in my lower vagina. I thought this might be from my UTI. Every time I stand up, my right side pulls hard and it takes a few minutes for it to feel normal again.
Also, when I urinate, I am really uncomfortable. It feels like a baloon inside that is never really emptied. I am on antibiotics for 10 days and I am going to see if that helps at all. So far, it has not. I also am leaking urine a bit. It goes into my panty liner and it looks like a lot but I am not sure. I think that these things are normal recovery. I know that our bodies have been through a whole lot and they are trying to get back to normal.
I went and looked at the checkpoints on the home page and it said that most women do not feel complely "normal" for six months to A FULL YEAR after recovery. So, maybe we are rushing things. I know that I feel beter knowing that these things are happening to everyone.

Let me know if you are experiencing these things too!!
Happy healing to all!
Elizabeth

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register