Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007 - Page 40 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007

Unread 03-04-2008, 11:10 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007

Hi Chris,

I too have had a bladder infection for the past 2 weeks. So long because the first antibiotic didn't work Just finished my meds and still don't feel 100%. On top of that I was helping my aged auntie get ready to move on Sat. and it did me in. I have utterly been completely exhausted. I thought for sure by now I'd be on top of the world. As for the bladder infections, I had many before my surgery. They told me once the tumor was removed I shouldn't get them any more so needless to say when this one came on it was pretty depressing.
We wish you a wonderful time on your trip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2008, 08:26 PM

HI!
I guess bladder infections after surgery must be pretty normal, I got one a week after surgery. I had a temp and felt so bad I begged DH to stay home with me that day. I'm a verrrry independent person so that was probably the hardest thing I have ever had to do. Most of the time I would rather be alone, especially when I feel bad!

DH's cold is getting worse, BOO HOO! I have had the same problem for two weeks and all I heard from him was it's just a cold, you'll be OK. He thinks he's dying, the big baby. As you can probably tell, I'm not too happy with him these days! Maybe I'm being too hard on him, after all he's just a man, he doesn't even know the half of it!

I'm glad to hear for the most part we're all on the mend even though it makes us have work probably tooooo hard!

Have a Blessed Day!
Unread 03-04-2008, 11:45 PM

Hello everyone! well I spoke too soon!!! It is 12:3 I get up in 5 hours to get ready for work and I am wide awake!!!!! ERRRRRRRRRRR! Guess there is so much circling in my head I have to/need to get done. So much I spin my wheels and get nothing done. And now it is way to late to take something ot sleep. The bad thing is I am training someone.....I have been since day one when I got back. I am just not mentally ready for that yet. I feel bad for her LOL! I just can not focus. But I have started at a new gym working out (mostly jsut treadmill as I am still worried I will undo the bladder sling) but today I had a free session with a trainer and man are my legs SORE already. but it has me all motivated to start up with a trainer once again and reach my ultimate fitness goals. I am now 9 months post op wiht the Gastric By Pass and am desiring to increase my muscle tone. But I found a few muscles today I had forgotten existed LOL!

As for the bladder infections......Hugs as I know they are no fun!!! I hope you all are over then soon.

Chris, wow on the 12 weeks. My dr actually wanted me to take at least 8 and she wants me to be working half time for the first month......but with all my surgeries I was on unpaid leave and fiancially I HAD to go back. Otherwise I would have loved to be out for awhile longer. My focus is just not there yet.

Glenda, you are right....he just does not have a clue. My son is getting over his flu and went back to work today! Whoooo hoooo! So I am glad and my ds does not seem ot be showing syptoms so that is good. Actually non of us are sothtat is great! Glad you are feeling better!

Kelly, how are you feeling?

I am really stuggling right now. I am so exhausted and would like ot take a day of rest but my mom is driving me crazy at home so I stay gone. I need her to be out looking for a job but her depression is so bad I am not sure what to do for her. She has a therapist appt tomorrow and I am then going to call myself. We are having trouble with our living arrangements. She wants me to spend time with her ALL the time.....leaving me no time with my family, husband, house, other obligations and honestly I think that is why I can not sleep. I am on the verge of a nervous breakdown from it. Her now ex says that is why....he just could not take it anymore. But she is my mom and I can not divorce her. I just do not know what to do. She has no desire to go out and find a job and is talking about staying on disability. But if she is here all the time I am not sure what I will do.She mopes, complains, cries, whines when we are here. Then she does the same if we are not here when we get back (even the kids are starting to act out aodn show signs of frustration over it). The other night dh and I were having a talk whle I was in the bathtub (hiding) and she jsut waltz in the room and sat on the bed. Then the kids and I were laying on the bed reading and she came in, pushed one out so she could be by me and laid her head on my lap. She is requiring more support than I can give. My kids are growing up so fast and I do not want their memories to be of this. She is like a jealous sibling. My kids have already been cheated out of so much when I was morbidly obese. I am finally able to be there for them and now this. I am losing my mind.

Ok, I have rambled enough....hormones maybe? Is that why I can't see past this. I am not able to process this whole hysterectomy thing yet. She had the nerve to tell me the other day it was time to stop acting like I was. The surgery was over and I was no longer suppose to be not doing anything.....WHAT!!!!!

Ok, I am going to try ot get soem sleep. I am sure part of my mood and moping is lack of sleep and total exhaustion!!!

Sorry to have rambled............GOT to be the hormones LOL!

Donna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2008, 07:27 AM

I must tell you. My sister and I have young children. Every winter season we are all always sick! This year we conducted an experiment with our families and it worked!! It's as simple as apple cidar vinegar Every time someone sneezed or started to get a sore throat we gave them a splash of apple cidar vinegar w/water and that was it. It worked. This is the first season that our families didn't come down with a flu or cold. I hope this helps for the future and so know what you mean about men's feelings when they get sick
Unread 03-05-2008, 07:45 AM

Wow Donna. You do have a lot on your plate. I will pray that things mellow out for you.

As for me, I have not returned to work yet. I will be off work for 10 weeks total; 8 weeks sick leave and 2 weeks vacation. However, I am starting to feel much better and my energy level is steadily increasing. I am glad to have taken the amount of time that I have. I have begun walking daily and feel so much better. I honestly wish I had started walking earlier. Walking has had the largest impact on my recovery so far. I had a weird bout of very sharp left side pain last night. It was different from any pain I have had during this entire excursion. It lasted for about 15 minutes with intermittent sharp stabs and then went away. Don't know what it is and hope it does not return. I noticed this week that my incision is starting to fade somewhat. I had concern preop about keloid formation since I usually get them. So far, no keloids and the staple marks are fading.

Glad to hear that everyone is doing well and back to their normal routine. I will continue to pray that each of us get better and better each day.

Take care
Unread 03-08-2008, 04:01 AM

hello ladies long time not post sorry. i just got out of the hospital agian i was in for five days this time but now i am feeling better. i am sure tired of hosptials to think that in just a few months i have to have surgery all over agian does not thrill me. i am glad to hear that every one is getting back to work. and there lives are getting back to almost normal donna im sorry to hear about what you are going threw with your mom that is a tough one my parents live in my home too but we dont have this issue we have others. if you mom wants to stay on disability maybe she should look for some voluteer work to do to keep her busy and feel like she is contributeing to the word. my mom is diabled and she voluteers at the local senior senter once a week to get her out of the house.just some thing you could run by her. i voluteer with her because i cannont work myself i have too many health problems i cannot hold a job. boy do i wish i could but my body just cannnot handle the stress of a job. my goal this next week is to start walking on my tread mill at least 3 times that week i feel like my body could handle it so i am going to give it a try and see what happens. well that is what is happening here. more hosptal junk and recovery time for me my incision from my bowel surgery is stll pretty sore it has only been 5 weeks and it is the 3rd time i have been opened up in the same spot so the docs say it will take along long time to heal but over all im starting to feel some what better. my mental healh had taken a huge fall and that is what landed me in the hosptal this time my anxitey was so bad i was haveing almost hallucinations my word seemed seperated from the real one i could not catch my breath and i was panicking for hours at a time it was bad i guess a persons mind can handle so much and mine was on over load with almost dying and everything i just lost it . well that is my story hope to hear how every one is doing soon. kelly
Unread 03-08-2008, 12:02 PM

Hello ladies,

Is anyone else experiencing pink spotting still? It happens after my husband and I are intimate. It's been over 2 months now since my surgery and it seems like that is a bit long for me to still be spotting.

Thank you in advance for any replies to this question.
Unread 03-09-2008, 04:08 PM

i occasionally have some pink spotting no sex requiered i have been wondering the same ting if it is normal or not if it continues ill be calling my doc. kelly
Unread 03-09-2008, 08:46 PM

Kelly, I'm glad you're feeling better, but I'm sorry you are having to deal with anxiety and depression. My whole family on my Mom's side have had some sort of issue with this problem. My mom was hospitalized for over a month with the sort of problem you described, except when she began feeling better she didn't even remember any of it,she just lost those weeks of her life. In some ways we think that was a good thing, because she was having real bad halucinations. If it helps any, after the docs got her meds right she never had another episode. She has since passed away from lung cancer, but lived a happy life for the remainder of her life. Which before she got the right meds, she had battled anxiety and depression for as long as I can remember. The point I am trying to make is there is hope, Your docs will be able to help you as long as you are open to them and let them know what is going on. From your posts I believe you are doing everything you can to get better and I am confident that you will prevail. My prayers are with you.
Donna, getting out in the community , or maybe joining a group of people her age in some sort of civic organization might be beneficial for your Mom. I suffer from depression myself and know the feeling of wanting to just stay home, I only go out when I have to go to work or to get groceries. I have no social life to speak of, I just want to be at home preferably by myself. I try not to give in to the reclusive urges too much, because I know If I do I will be just digging a deeper hole to try to get out of. When DH or my kids see me withdrawing they come up with some kind of family activity to get me out, sometimes it works, sometimes I just go along with them but sit back and watch them have fun, wishing I was back home. I'm hoping that when I'm fully recovered from surgery and this nasty sinus infection I've had for a month I'll be able to kick some of these "blues", and be able to go outside and play with my babies.
DD let us know today that she and her four year old daughter was moving back in with us along with her boyfriend, who is her daughters dad. They have lived with us before about two years ago, but found out you cant save for a house when it takes all you make to pay rent, electricity, gas, telephone, groceries, gas to go to work. And save money for a down payment on a house. The house they rent is falling apart, so they want to move and the smartest thing would be to live here again for a while and save their money for a down payment. So like most of you we will have to adjust and deal with our family, and help them in any way we can.

I've rambled toooo long God Bless You All!
Unread 03-10-2008, 01:32 AM

Hi sisters

I am back to hospital today to check me over - I wish I knew why this happened to me - I am now in a period of mourning for my womb as I was hoping to have another baby and now that dream has gone - I have to accept that is not part of God's plan for me

but it is sad

I am trying to focus on all the good things in my life

but I am feeling a bit lost

I need the doctor to give me a diagnosis not another "I dont know why this happened to you"

B xxx

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register