Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007 - Page 42 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007

Unread 03-19-2008, 11:57 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007

Hi,

It is so nice to here from you ladies. I am actually feeling quite well. I had some problems getting to sleep but this was largely solved with increasing my excercise during the day. Now I walk at least 2 miles every day. However, since I have returned to work, I can not stop thinking about work when I go to bed. My Dr. gave me samples of Lunestra and Rozerem to try when I can't turn off work. Well I took a Lunestra last night and it was quite the experience. I slept very hard. That was truly surprising. However, I was quite lethargic this morning. Thankfully I did not have to go into the office although I planned to. I will try to work out a bit more today and avoid the use of the sleep aids.

Hope all is well with everyone. Keep in touch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2008, 12:10 PM

Hi Ladies,

Boy it sure sounds like some of us are doing great and I'm glad. I do feel better and I tried the new sleeping pill the dr. prescribed yesterday and I slept better last night and don't feel quiet so dopey today but I am a little dizzy LOL. I really don't want to be taking sleeping pills but I got to the point where I couldn't fall asleep and would just lay there until I eventually started to almost panic...... It seems so strange that I felt better weeks ago and now have these issues. It really must be from the estrogen depletion. I'm hoping I won't have to take the sleeping pills long I'd hate to get addicted.

It's a beautiful day here! The sun is shining and the sky is so blue. Spring really is right around the corner and then we can all get outside

Be Well!

Teresa
Unread 03-22-2008, 10:36 PM

HAPPY EASTER EVERYBODY!

I just wanted to wish everybody a happy holiday! Tomorrow is also my Grandson's 8th Birthday. I can't believe how fast they grow. He is one of two Grandchildren for me, but to me he is one special little boy. OOPPPPS if he knew I called him little he'd kill me. LOL He came along in my life when I need him most, even though I didn't even know I needed anything. My DD was in JR high and my husband and I were beginning to have some quiet time, well almost. DD was a cheerleader and took several dance classes, and was stilll too young too drive. DS didn't really plan on becoming a Dad, he was 24 at the time, but God knew best. This little boy is exactly what we all needed.

Well as you have probably already guessed I'm a little misty today. I have been a lot lately, I hope the HRT isn't getting out of whack! LOL

I had an experience today, my trusty sewing machine locked up. I can't even think of why, it's only 10 years old! Sewing is my one and only hobbie so you can guessed how much it was used. I have another machine the kids got me for Christmas a couple of years ago that I have only used for embroidery because it's computerized, WOW it sews great. I had no idea how well it would be for regular sewing until today. DH thought it was hilarious how I almost cried when OLD FAITHFUL messed up, and he saw the look on my face when he suggested I try out the "new" machine. He really cracked up when my face lit up like a Christmas tree as I saw how really great it sewed.

I am up late tonight cooking, as I'm sure a lot of us are. I'm waiting for it to get done so I can go to bed.

To those of you playing Easter Bunny, have fun and enjoy it while it lasts, it goes by quickly!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2008, 10:43 AM

Happy Easter everyone!

Our first Easter as empty nesters! DS is off at college. House is quiet, seems so strange, no Easter bunny here...boohoo!

Each day is a little better, but boy still feel it when I overdo! I think yeast infection is finally gone, fingers crossed. Just trying to take it easy until my 3 month post op appt in April.

Sleeping is still a problem, not so much insomnia now. Just the hot flashes that keep waking me! I'm trying not to take any meds for them, but they sure are a pain. During the day it's not so bad, but the nights are truly uncomfortable.

Keeping everything in perspective though, it is a beautiful sunny day and no more pain and bleeding, so at the moment...life is good.

Best to all..hoping we all keep on the road to successful recoveries!
Unread 03-23-2008, 12:44 PM

hello every one i hope everyone is haveing the best easter they can have in the situations that they are all in. i am healing a little bit each day things are getting better ,. but just as i start feeling better my mom ends up in the hospital with heart issues, they did a heart cath. today and found a 50% blockage in one of her artierys so they are going to treat it with meds and recheck her in about 6 months.. she has been in there since good friday so our easter has been in and out of hospitals agian. my son did get a nice easter basket thanks to some very generous people and he woke up to a nice full basket to go threw. so that was nice. well that is what is going on here. hope life is good with evey one best wishes. kelly.
Unread 03-23-2008, 03:26 PM

Happy Easter Everyone!

Glenda, I'm sorry your old trusty sewing machine died but so glad the new one works great! Grandchildren sound wonderful! My kids are 24, 22 and 14. The 14 year old got a basket cause I'm not ready to stop! I hear you about being misty eyed today (I do need to change my patch tonight). What are you doing for HRT? I been on the Vivelle Dot .05 for 2 weeks tomorrow. Tried to go without because of endo and family history of cancer but I was miserable. I feel so much better now!

I find myself worring about how I'll sleep in the middle of the day now........ such a vicious circle. I do have the sleeping pills and they do work but now I worry I'll get addicted to them. I seem to want to worry about something

Jct79, I agree each day is better. I too feel it when I over do. My incision was actually tender last week but is better now. I'm glad your yeast infection is gone. Those are no fun. I bought a Chillow for the night sweats and it really did help. I'm glad your insomnia is better. Did you take anything for it? I hope it wasn't to hard today with the empty nest.

Kelly, my goodness I hope your mom gets to feeling better soon and that the meds work well. I hope you still found it possible to have a pleasant Easter. I'm glad your son got a nice basket. I hope you are taking care of yourself!

Happy Easter to everyone and God Bless you all!

Teresa
Unread 03-24-2008, 03:28 AM

Teresa,
I take premarin in pill form, once daily. It seems to be doing a pretty good job except for the emotional side, I seem to be easier to upset than I have ever been before. It doesn't take much to make me cry, and even less to make me lose my temper. I'm usually very easygoing, so thats a shock for DH, he's used to getting his way a lot. Right now thats not happening. Oh well, I guess it could be worse.
The "Easter Bunny" vistited my kids until they were grown, I didn't want to give it up either!
My kids are 31 and 21 so I had some time in between them as it looks like you did with your 22 year old and 14 year old. By having a gap between them it gave us a little bit longer to do the fun things.

I hope everybody had a great weekend, and has a Blessed week!
Unread 03-24-2008, 10:37 AM

Hi Glenda,
I'm glad the premarin is working for the flashes and stuff but it's too bad about the emotional stuff. I'm feeling really good on the Vivelle Dot emotional stuff is better but still can't sleep without a sleeping pill. I didn't take one Fri. and slept okay but had to take 1/2 of one the rest of the weekend. I'm so afraid of becoming dependent

I hope you have a great day!

Teresa

I agree having the kids spaced out a ways gave us longer to do fun things! This was the first year my 2 oldest didn't get a basket!
Unread 03-24-2008, 03:00 PM

hello well we brought my mom home from the hospital today. she is tired and warn out. they put her on more meds and are going to recheck her in 6 months to see if they need to do more sugery or not. they told her to eat a heart heathy diet but didnt hook her up with a dietiion to tell her what that was so we will have to play that by ear. well that is an up date on my end. our lives will hopefully get back to some sort of normal soon this chaos needs to stop its wearing me out. well i hope all had a great holiday week end kelly.
Unread 03-24-2008, 08:13 PM

Hi Kelly!
I'm glad your Mom is better. As far as the diet, DH had a triple bypass 10 years ago at St Thomas Hosp in Nashville, TN. They gave us classes during his stay so we came home with some good info. The majority of the Dr's told us that anybody with heart problems or not should follow the diet reccomended for diabetics, and watch for saturated fats and trans fats. Don't go by the labels that say cholesterol free, or No trans fats. Always read the full nutrition label on the back. Try to balance her diet, not eliminating one type food for another unless that food is high in FAT. They began my husband on a 1200 calorie diet for rapid weight loss, then told him after surgery an 1800 to 2000 cal diet would be OK as long as he included some sort of mild cardio exercise at least 4 days a week to burn the calories and exercise his heart. So far so good!
I'm not sure if that will help, but if you need further info, the American Heart Association's website would probably help. ( I'm not sure of the correct web address) I'm sure you could google it though!
I hope everything else goes well for you also!

God Bless!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register