Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007 - Page 43 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007

Unread 03-24-2008, 08:26 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007

Teresa,
I don't blame you about the Easter Baskets, if I didn't have the grandkids, my kids would probably still get em even now at ages 21 and 31!

I know the feeling about getting dependent on the sleep aids. I have had to take them for over a year now. I didn't want to but I was going DAYS without sleeping. I have never been able to take any over the counter sleep aids because they make me even more wired. If I take anything containing benadryl I am up walking the floor all night, like a walking zombie. I had no choice but to go to the dr for help, if I hadn't I don't know when I would have slept. I can sometimes sleep without the ambien, but it's usually for no more than an hour before I'm wide awake. I hate having to take the med but don't see any way out. But I guess if our quality of life with it is better than without it, what choice do we have?

I hope you all have a great week and as always God Bless!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2008, 07:46 AM

Glenda,

Grandkids must be great! It's going to be so much fun!

I hear you about going days without sleeping. That is what prompted me to go to the Dr. for help. The over the counter stuff makes me hyper too! I tried melatonin once maybe should have tried longer. The Ambien did put me to sleep but I'd wake up early and feel terrible during the day. I agree our quality of life isn't very good without sleep! I tried a little OCT progestrone cream last night and I did sleep without my pill (Yippee) but I woke several times with hot flashes and I haven't had any of those for a few days......

I hope everyone has a great day!

Teresa
Unread 03-25-2008, 10:19 AM

Thanks for the info on the progesterone cream, I'll try thet to see if I can maybe skip some of the Ambien nights! LOL! It's worth a shot!

God Bless!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2008, 03:05 PM

thanks glenda i will go to that site to get more information. maybe get some thing i can print out for her to have on hand to follow thand so much for your support kelly
Unread 03-25-2008, 07:21 PM

your very welcome kelly, it will be hard for your mom to adjust to a new diet , but there are ways to make some of the old favorites with less fat and calories. I have ordered a diabetic cookbook that has modified recipes for a lot of different things, when I get it I will let you know what recipes there are and send you some of them if you think you might like to try them.
Unread 03-26-2008, 05:41 PM

thanks again glenda,
Unread 04-01-2008, 09:11 PM

Hey Guys!

I guess we're all doing pretty well, since we seem to be busy. I hope so at least.
Everything is pretty much the same old same old her I just wanted to check in to see how everybody else was doing.

God Bless!
Unread 04-02-2008, 05:38 AM
Thumbs up - Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007

Things here are back to normal - actually better than normal - they are great since I feel so much better. No problems from my LAVH at all!

Julie
LAVH - 12/31/07 - kept the ovaries and feeling great
Unread 04-10-2008, 06:51 PM

Hello,

I thought I would check in to see how everyone is doing. Work is wearing me out in a wonderful way. I didn't know how much I missed it until I went back. I am so exhausted at the end of the day. I fall into such a deep sleep at night; it is almost scary. I used to be a light sleeper. Now, the house could fall down around me and I would still be sound asleep. I am still walking at least 2 miles 6 times a week. I have not weighed myself in a while but my swelly belly has gone down considerably. More importantly, I feel wonderful. I will get over the fatigue. I also just got another job. I should say an additional job. I won't start that one until the fall. I am glad I had the surgery and no longer have to worry about the pre-hyst issues.

I hope everyone else is doing well and getting used to the new you. Have fun and love life. I am.

God Bless
Gloria
Unread 04-11-2008, 01:14 AM

Gloria,
So glad you are doing well.

I am still having a few issues. My stitches haven't dissolved!!(I think they must be industrial strength ) And removing them is kinda uncomfortable, so the doc is taking them out a few at a time. Hopefully after a couple of visits they will be gone. (so still not intimate yet)

The only thing that is really bad ---HOT FLASHES! I can deal during the day, but at night I can't sleep. So I still have insomnia. I am trying some OTC stuff, but so far no relief and doc doesn't want to prescribe HRT. So we'll see.

I am back to work and easing back into a "normal" routine. Still notice the swelly belly, but now that the weather is better I'm looking forward to getting outside and getting rid of it.

I agree that it is great not to deal with all the pre-hyst stuff!! And looking forward to feeling better each week.

Take care everyone!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register