Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007 - Page 48 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007

Unread 05-31-2008, 02:34 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007

Hi Ladies!
I'm glad to hear from you guys!
My kiddies have been keeping me busy, especially since school is out. Dr says I'm doin OK just having to keep adjusting the HRT, I think it's gonna do better this time. My only other problem is fatigue. I still get very tired. She said to give it a few more months, sometimes it just takes time.
Ladybug, I hope this last surgery will be just that, THE LAST! Get well soon!
Treebee, I have been having HRT woes also , I know what you mean there, but slowly I am feeling better with the mood swings and the hot flashes/night sweats. I still am having trouble sleeping sometimes though, but I have always done this. I just try to work around here for a little while then go back to bed, it usually works.
Well maybe I can go back to sleep now. You guys take care.

God Bless!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2008, 08:52 PM
Checking In

Hello everyone. I have not been on in a while. I just wanted to stop in to see how everyone is doing and update you on my progress.

I feel great. I am free of all post op symptoms. I am exercising regularly and back to working like a fiend. I have no trouble sleeping anymore, I sleep like a rock. I am still on iron supplements. But that should end soon.

Since surgery I have gotten a new dog. She is a great pet for me. She is a 5 year old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. She also sleeps like a rock.

I trust all is well with everyone. I think of the many ladies who provided support during my months of recovery and I thank God for you. I don't know that anyone would have been able to tolerate me other that those who are going through the same thing.

Take care
Unread 06-02-2008, 08:07 AM

Nice to hear form some of you!

Things are going well just hectic with the end of school running around and such. that and being sore is slwign me down but that is getting better. I go for a follow up and hope to get released from the dr wed to go back to work.

Other than that....need to call my gyn. I am having hotflashes again. Time to up or change HRT again.

Donna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2008, 10:00 PM

Hey! How are things going? I am bouncing back from my last surgery adn getting back in the grove but think that it already fell so frustrating!!!!!!

Donna
Unread 06-19-2008, 06:43 AM

Hi Ladies,

It is great to hear you guys are doing well! It has been a journey ;-) I feel so much better. I think I'm getting close with the HRT went up to the .075 patch that stopped the night sweats but made me "jittery" I've been trimming a little off the patch and hope that helps. So far so good! When I go back to the Dr. I might ask about switching to Climara as that one has a .06 patch. Seems like the .075 is too strong and the .05 isn't strong enough. I guess that's why they call if a jungle! With the return of summer and the heat who knows what will happen with our hot flashes! Anybody else get that "jittery" feeling from their HRT?

Well, I hope everyone has a great day!

Teresa
Unread 07-06-2008, 12:13 AM

Treebee, yes I have been getting the jitters from time to time, but didn't even think it might be the HRT, WOW. MY jitters only last a few minutes and then dissappear though so that might not be it ? However theyre not so bad I can't stand them though, so I think my particular dose is right for me sooo far. I hope they get your's to the right level too.
Ladybug, I'm sorry your latest surgery doesn't seem to be going well, I hope things turn up for you.
As for me I guess I have bounced back pretty good I am still working my 2 jobs daily and have just accepted a third one. That ought to keep me busy around 20 hrs a day, so maybe the insomnia will work on my behalf for a while. LOL

Good Morning Ladies! Have a blessed day!
Unread 07-07-2008, 07:49 AM

Glenda, I think the jitters are better! I've been working out more and I think using more estrogen. Loud noises startle me and that's kind of weird. I think that's a not enough estrogen thing...... What a jungle I'm sorry to hear you still have insomnia. I was doing lots better but lately have had trouble again. I'm trying Trazodone at night. It helps and isn't addictive. My pharmacist uses it and loves it. She said to use it for a few weeks to reset my sleep patterns. I was exhausted last night and laid there for a while listening to hubby snore. I can't believe you are working two jobs!

Ladybug, I hope you are feeling better! May this one not fall!!!

We worked hard at the cabin this weekend landscaping and boy am I sore. Anybody else still got a bit of a tender tummy?

I hope everyone has a great week!

Teresa
Unread 07-14-2008, 10:35 PM

Hey there! I decided to check this board though I did nto get a message about the last few posts! I have been wondering hw everyone is.

I have been doing much better since this second bladder surgery. Been six weeks and so far so good though I am scared to lift anything or start back at the gym or anything. Don't wnatto risk anything falling again LOL! It is great I ahve a cold and have been coughing and sneezing....ok tha tis not the great part LOL! But no leaks! whoo hooo so that is better!

Theresa, my tummy is still tender from time to time and my legs are not quite recovered from this last surgery.....i am convinced the dr had my legs tied behind my head! LOL! A few weeks ago I started a new job. Same place but a promotion as the lead and as the directors assistant. Boy am I busy now! LOL! Hard to get used to 5 days a week from the three 12 hours shifts I was working but will be nice to be home every night when school resumes (a bit tough now getting sitters all the time)

My insomnia has been better now that I am working everyday....though is is 1130 at night and I am still up errrrrrr!

Ok, I am off to take some cold meds and try to sleep. Hope to hear form you soon!

Kelly....how are things?

My HRT does not seem to be as effective. going to call the dr tomorrow to see about increasing it again or trying a new one.Hot flashes have returned and uggggg so hot this summer. Or I will be ice cold.....LOL it is crazy!!!!

I have a check up next month to see how hte bladder is doing. He thinks that the whold baginal bault is falling and this weill only be a temp fex. I hope he is wrong!!!!!
Unread 07-15-2008, 07:49 AM

Hi Ladybug - Great to hear from you! Congratulations on the new job! I am glad the latest surgery has been a success!!! I hope that it continues to go well. I'm sorry you have a cold, that's a bummer. Not leaking when you cough has to be great though My tummy is still tender from all the hard work at the cabin, that will teach me! Went into the Dr. for a yeast infection (yuck), she thought I should increase my ERT but went to Climara (see if it helps with the anxiety and hair loss) and I'm putting it on my rear for now and if that doesn't help she wants to up it to the .1 patch and maybe some estrogen cream for you know where! Ah, the joys of surgical menopause. I've lost about 20lbs and so far I'm keeping it off (had some tummy trouble). Sleep is getting better again, I had a bad streak but I think putting the patch on my rear for increased absorption has helped. Ladybug what are you using for HRT? I know I asked before but my memory is shot The hot summer weather sure takes a toll on our estrogen. I can tell when my patch is running out and the more exercise I get the faster it goes...... I am starting to feel like myself again and that is great!

I hope everyone is doing well - keep in touch!

Teresa
Unread 07-15-2008, 06:25 PM

Teresa,

I am on Enjuvia .625 for HRT. It was working well but I think time to increase again. I would do the patch but I am allergic to adhesives....so that will not work LOL! DR mentioned cream but ewwwwww LOL! So I will see what she says. I was too busy to call today. (and I do not remember until times like now....when I am having a hot flash and wish the dr office was open...errrrrr hormone shifts are still hot and cold and on and off LOL!

Donna

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register