Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007 - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007

Unread 01-09-2008, 03:54 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 31-Jan 07,2007

Hello! I had a TAH and BSO on Jan. 3rd and came home on Jan. 5th. I had my staples removed today and have been having trouble with constipation. I feel really good if only I wasn't constipated! Dr. suggested Milk of Magnesia so I guess I'll try that! Had endo and will wait to decide about HRT. Speedy recovery wishes to all!
Teresa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2008, 06:44 PM

Hi Teresa, nice to meet you. I highly recommend dulcolax suppositories for constipation. They have worked the best for me. You can get them at Target or someplace like that. My head feels a bit better but I am really tired today. I think I might actually be able to sleep tonight! We will be flying into LHR on Feb 22 and staying til Feb 27. My honey's sister got some not so great news after her mastectomy last week and he wants to get over there to see her before its too late THEN we fly back to MN on Feb 27 and leave for Hawaii on Mar1! I know it is a lot but what can I do?? I hope I am able to relax in Hawaii. Im not gonna stress about this. I havet o concentrate on healing!!! My arm still hurts a LOT today... my vein seems hard? I hope my dr can fix it tomorrow.
Unread 01-09-2008, 10:53 PM

Treebee I take OTC dulcolax generic and they have seem to have done the trick. I have been taking 2 pills every other day or so just to keep things soft and moving. I DON'T want to let things get stopped up and then make it painful if I don't have to. Good luck!

CMW, I am so sorry to hear about your honey's sister. I hope things are better then they seem. I understand about worrying as I have an Aunt with Cancer who is in the hospital as we speak. Keep positive thoughts on all accounts and put your worries in His hands. What is LHR? Have you been rubbing your vein at all? Or leaving it alone and hoping it feels better? I wish I had some knowledge to say XXX worked for me but I honestly have no idea. I just know that they flushed a lot of fluid through my IV that when they took it out, it was really iritated but after a few days it seems to be okay now.

Hugs to you all!

OH I got out of the house today!!! My mom came and picked me up, we visited the Aunt in the hospital and then went and did a bit of shopping nothing major just one store and then to dinner, Oh it felt so good to get out of the house!!!!!! I am really getting cabin fever. Hopefully tomorrow, I can focus on trying to clean my scraproom, no heavy lifting just reorganizing and putting things on the right shelves. Anything heavy will have to wait until later, much later!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2008, 06:24 AM

Im glad you got out today! We did too, last night for a bit. Being out in public though reminds me that I look like crap right now LOL I go get my stitches out today and hopefully take care of my arm. The pain is getting more bearable and I hope the one suture site isnt as 'bubbly' as it seems once the stitches are out. I slept ok last night, until about 4:30 but even then I didnt get up and was eventually able to fallback asleep. Then that dreaded alarm to wake the kids for school BLEH! I am having a lot of night sweats and going between hot and cold. I was so hot all night but now that Im up I am freezing!!! LHR is Heathrow in London but apaprently we are flying into Gatwick anyway! LOL Im scared. I have never been out of the country before and I am terrified of being so far away from my kids. I mighthave to get something for this panicking Im doing... I dont need this on top of everything!! Hope you all have a good day today!
Unread 01-10-2008, 06:37 AM

Hi Ladies,
Had A Total Hysterectomy On Jan 2. Still Very Sore. I Have Not Had A Bowel Movement Yet!! Drinking Prune Juice, Stool Softeners & A Laxative And Nothing. Also I Have Varicose Veins, The Back Of My Right Thigh Is Tender Where A Vein Is Swollen. Any Advise.
Dallas 24
Unread 01-10-2008, 07:12 AM

Dallas 24- call your doctor right away about your leg! Do not wait until later as this may be a blood clot... please call NOW
swatkick
Unread 01-10-2008, 08:09 AM
Re: post op gas pains Uuugggghhhhhhhh!

Hello all... I am home and I am day 4 post op. I had a TLH and a bladder ling on the 7th! i am feeling much better today and was able to get in the shower by myself and ate a good breakfast. I have no appetite and my vision is so blurry. Will all of this clear up? i want those parts of my brain to wake up! I kept my ovaries and I am having hot flashes or night sweats or something... will that go away? All in all I have to say this has been a walk in the park considering the other traditional way to have a hysterectomy. I am not having to deal with incision pain, just gas pains. I got stuck in the recliner on my first night home! I felt like the lady who had fallen and could not get up! Eventually my DH heard my pleas for help and came and rescued me! Okay well I guess I am rambling! I am gonna go take a rest!!!
Unread 01-10-2008, 09:37 AM

Hi all,
Sorry to hear about all the headaches so many are suffering from. Yesterday my urinary catheter was removed after the dr put a hole in it during surgery. I am soooo happy. That bag and catheter was insane to deal with. I have been suffering from anemia due to blood loss and dr prescribed the nastiest stuff ever to drink to deal with the anemia that is not supposed to constipate me. It is very hard to choke down but I try. It is called Floxvin and is at the health food store. $22. a bottle it better work. I have really turned a corner. I feel so much better. I only took motrin yesterday and one pain pill last night to help with the bladder spasms I am still having. I go today to the dr to start the acupuncture tibial nerve treatment. It should be interesting. Everyday is getting better. My DH is taking another week off as I can not lift the 2 yo. He is trying hard but I am also starting to do more. I made dinner last night which really suprised him. I drove yesterday too. He is feeling a little less stress and knows I am recovering.
Ya know I have read a lot of you talk about the emotional side of losing our "woman parts". I have grieved this loss so many times, when the dr told me I wouldnt concieve due to my polyscystic ovarian disease, and then I got pregnant, I grieved after the birth of that child and had my tubes tied even though I knew I didnt want more children, and then when I had my ablation I remember feeling sad that the option was taken away again. This time around I have been so focused on getting better and not suffering anymore from all the problems I have had that I havent come to terms yet with this loss. I know I will at some point, maybe when I feel better and move on. I wish peace for all of us regarding our loss and a sense of knowing that everything happens for a reason.
This is the best site, I love being able to chat with everyone, share stories (funny and sad) and bounce things off of each other. Thanks to all my sisters.
Shelby
Unread 01-10-2008, 10:42 AM

Michele
My vision was blurry too and I was frustrated that I couldn't read, but yesterday it finally cleared so I think it might be the affect of the anaesthetic or painkillers.

Like many of you sisters, I also had awful trouble having a bowel movement. I went from Sunday evening (before the op) to the following Sunday morning without one. Saturday was so painful as it was like trying to pass glass but it just wouldnt quite happen. I had been anaemic and taking two iron tablets a day. That day I decided to stop and the next day I moved at last and since then I haven't looked back. Doc says if I eat well not to worry about the blood-it will sort itself out. Phew!
Chris
Unread 01-10-2008, 10:46 AM

Some old comedy series that have been very popular over here are "One foot in the grave" and "Dad's Army". We also had a recent series called "Life on Mars" about a police detective who has a car accident and ends up in the 1970's (he is really in a coma) which was excellent. Not sure how you get those programmes though.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register