"couple fun" before six weeks? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

"couple fun" before six weeks? "couple fun" before six weeks?

Unread 01-01-2008, 09:24 PM
"couple fun" before six weeks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseMDFan
You don't want to recover physically at the expense of your sexuality!
You also have to be careful not to let your sexuality hamper your recovery. It's much better to ask your doctor before doing anything you may regret.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2008, 07:49 AM

housemd- thanks for the explaining the the cervix issue. and by pelvic contractions i was refering to vaginal ones, i guess and internal stiches, but maybe unconsonsiusly (sp) i was thinking back to having uterin ones. so dah guess i wouldnt have to worry about those. lol.
i didnt see your last post - sorry- i so appreciate the information you have given. I think i understand time line now. Ii dont have an appoint. with dr. until 4 weeks so asking means going through phone nurses etc. kind of embarrasing and sometimes things get lost in translation.

partydiva- I agree with good thoughts, but personally i cant imagine oral, since i have gotten many UTI's from it in the past
- i know it intraduces bacteria to places you dont want infected during the healing process.
Unread 01-02-2008, 08:22 AM
my take on this

I had mine SAH on Dec 6th, cervix and ovaries are intact.

My labido has been in high gear since week two....impossible to ignore! At 2.5 weeks, I had to do 'something'. DH and I had some 'fun' all along, just not my body but only his. then at this 2.5 mark, I decided to give me a try. No intercourse but external stimulation with a little oral tossed in for good measure. I was very scared at first to let go, to achieve an orgasm but I did and it was wonderful! I normally have a great deal of pain afterwards but NOTHING! No spotting, no pain, just total release and bliss.....I've had a coule more since, now hitting my 4th week.

I'm am very much looking forward to the green light for the all clear but it's nice to now that it all still works. Many woman feel that their womanhood is removed along with the uterus, and I think for many of us having those feelings and confirming them is important, just don't risk your recovery and be sure to ask the doc b4 trying anything. She said it was ok for me to climax with nothing going in being the key. Good luck and here's to the best O's in your future!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2008, 08:40 AM

teleclark- thanks for being so candid.

i think your right... part of me wants to know things are working and another part of me needs to show dh- and maybe more honestly myself -i still have it -as a woman.
Unread 01-02-2008, 11:54 AM

I evidently have low self control and lost the libido battle yesterday. I had what I guess they call outer course. It was great!! I thought I had uterine contractions with orgasm, but must be something else because they are still there and my uterus and cervix are gone! I am NOT recomending this for anyone, just sharing what happened for me. I am happy all my parts still work well. I did NOT put anything in the vagina, but there was plenty of external lubricant. I still have my right ovary. I had no pain or bleeding during or after!! I am already sure this surgery was the GREATEST thing I ever did for me and I am not two weeks out yet!! Looking so forward to the future
Unread 01-03-2008, 08:04 AM
it's important....

to know if we are ok, deep down inside of us we tend to neglect and then wonder what happened. It will always be more important for our DH's but it is still high onthe priority list for most women. It's the main connection for our mates and I'm confident when I say that it is what they (DH's) are concerned most with besides our overall health after the surgery. Mine was more hesitant than I was to give it a try, just because he didn't want to hurt me. No pain, none at all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fit&ready
teleclark- thanks for being so candid.

i think your right... part of me wants to know things are working and another part of me needs to show dh- and maybe more honestly myself -i still have it -as a woman.
Unread 01-03-2008, 08:58 AM

In regards to funone's post. I almost lost self control this am. I do not have a partner in my life and my drive has always been high. When I have an O they are extremely intense and I am so afraid of it huring or doing something to my internal stitches.

I am just so excited the strong desire is still there for me. I was worried about that even though I still have my left ovary. The only other thing is that I worry about is that the next time I have intercourse it will be with a new partner (thats if I ever meet him..lol) and I am so scared that if there is going to be pain or if it is going to be uncomfortable..it will ruin the "first time" mood.

Any suggestions on that ladies?

I want everyone to know that I am glad I found this website. Its nice to be able to talk about some of these things that I have no one else to talk to abou. My thanks go out to all of you.
Unread 01-03-2008, 09:16 AM

this is not going to be a rated G responce but here it goes: do you own a vibrator? It might not be the best way for your first time but it would give you total control and no worry about what HE might think. You can then see for yourself just how you'll feel without anyone else to worry about. Nothing wrong with this at all as far as I'm concerned. Men have taken things into their own hands, why not us!! To be honest, I took the time to feel around myself first b4 I had DH get involved down there, it took my worries away and allowed me to truly enjoy the 1st time, no intercourse here yet but the big O was FANTASTIC!!!!
Unread 01-03-2008, 10:13 AM

Summerglow--after being cleared by your doctor, you should prepare for meeting him as teleclark says. The vagina is a use it or lose it organ. It can shrink or be dry so that intercourse would be painful. But if you "entertain yourself," you can prevent that. Make sure you use plenty of lube, and start with a small/slim dildo or vibe and then work up in size, gradually.
Unread 01-12-2008, 07:30 AM
I have to share!!

I wanted to get back to this thread to share my first time! Last night was beautiful! The doc gave me the all clear at 5 weeks and I wanted it to be special so I saved it for Friday night. After the dh was in bed, I slipped into something that I knew would make us both feel better and let me tell you it was beautiful. We were both very nervous, felt like we were in high school again! No pain, no bleeding, no cramps and it all worked better than before! My 'o's' can be very intense, so keeping my mind from worring during seemed to distract "things" but once I got my mind under control, it all flowed. I had the best sleep of my life last night and not one hot flash! I woke this morning with a little ache in my back but that's normal for me! Bad discs....which it would normally cause me to not be able to walk so I'm really doing much better....

Be sure that you do enjoy yourself even if you don't yet have a partner. It's very important for your self esteme as well as your physcial being. It's not wrong to want to enjoy yourself and it's not wrong to take charge of the situation either. Talk about a real boast in your attitude!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register