how long until you return to work? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

how long until you return to work? how long until you return to work?

Unread 01-01-2008, 05:48 PM
how long until you return to work?

From the very beginning my doc said, I don't want you to go back to work at least 6 weeks. She told me 6-7 weeks. At my 6 wk check-up, I wasn't healed. I probably could have worked then, but with my slight, slight hesitation, she said go for 7 weeks. I'm so glad I had the extra week -- so glad. After the 6 wk exam, I was really sore the next day or 2. The extra week was a major blessing.

I worked 1 1/2 days before we closed for the holidays, so going back tomorrow is about like starting over.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-01-2008, 06:32 PM

Scruffy,

What type of surgery did you have? Tah/bso? I could never have gone back then. WOW. That's a great recovery.

take care
Unread 01-01-2008, 06:37 PM

LVAH. It had been great but its been a trick on the mind. Just because I did not have a scar I had to remind myself I did have surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-01-2008, 07:47 PM

I had a TVH and so far my recovery has been good. I am going back to work next Monday so it will be a little over 4 weeks. I get a little nervous when I think about going back. I think I am going to have a rude awakening Monday afternoon.

Good luck to everyone........
Unread 01-02-2008, 01:10 AM

My dr said that I can go back anytime after 4 weeks. I healed nicely and have had no complications. I am giving it thought, I want to go back early but I have loved this time with my DD's. Maybe week 5 to split the difference!
Unread 01-02-2008, 05:14 AM

My first day back is today. It is a few days over 4 weeks. I primarily have a desk job, but feel I'm going to be really tired for the 1st week or so. Thank goodness this week only has 3 days in it for me to work.
Unread 01-02-2008, 07:54 AM
Going back at 2 weeks 4 days

I am flying to Ohio to help open a child care center in Ohio for a week. I had an LAVH on the 12/27. Feel okay, sore, just taking advil and 1 percocet at night to sleep. My job will require a lot of sitting at the computer, walking the halls, answering phones and directing staff. I will post while in Ohio to let you all know how it is going with a) having flown commercially, b) putting in 12 hours day right off the bat.
Ms. Marci
Unread 01-02-2008, 09:06 AM

Ms. Marci, please take it easy and don't over do it! Welcome to Ohio, by the way

My TAH/BSO was on Dec. 17th and I'm not set to be released back to work until Jan. 28th (according to the disability paperwork that my surgeon filed with the insurance company). I received my disability check in the mail on Monday, so I was able to pay all my bills for the month and just relax. I have some vacation and holiday pay coming from my employer (they only pay every 2 weeks), so I'll have a little extra cash that I wasn't really counting on coming in, plus I got a year end bonus

As good as I feel, and as much as I miss my job, I'm not rushing it. I might ask to go back to work part time starting on the 21st, but not before then. I've only got one shot at healing right the first time and I'm taking full advantage of it. If my doctor says no, then I'm staying home until she gives the green light
Unread 01-02-2008, 09:31 AM

I am going to go back next Tuesday (jan 8) for 3 hours per day to start. That will have me about 3 1/2 weeks post-op. I have a desk job so no lifting. My plan is to do 3 hours per day next week, 4-5 hours per day in week 5 and 6 hours per day in week 6. So not back to full days until after my 6 week check up on January 28.
Unread 01-02-2008, 09:40 AM

Since I had a TLH, I'm off a minimum of six weeks. At my check up, my doc will decide if I need two more weeks. If I'd had a TAH, she was going to put me off 8-10 weeks because that's a more invasive procedure and requires additional healing time.

Take as much time as your body needs!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register