Got bikini cut, still tender after 3wks. Is this normal for this week? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Got bikini cut, still tender after 3wks. Is this normal for this week? Got bikini cut, still tender after 3wks. Is this normal for this week?

Unread 01-04-2008, 08:23 AM
Got bikini cut, still tender after 3wks. Is this normal for this week?

I'm 2 weeks post-op and my incision hurt ALL the time, not just when I touch it. Over the course of the day it gets hurting so much if I'm standing or just sitting that I have to lay down. I hope to go back teaching 3rd grade in 2 weeks and I can't imagine doing that if this pain doesn't go away miraculously in the next 2 weeks? I wonder if wearing the binder-belly wrap is what I should be doing 24/7? I tried to wean myself off that but maybe it's too early.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2008, 06:45 PM

I am three weeks post op, and my incision feels awful too. The docs say it looks like it is healing well, but it swells up on both sides of it, and it looks like it is straining not to pop! Very uncomfortable. I had a hematoma under it, and open up some, but feels better now.
Unread 01-05-2008, 05:45 PM

Yesterday was my 3 weeks since my TAH. My incision feels and looks fine but I find it is a little numb to the touch. Does anyone have that? I've had some of the burning sensation but it has significantly improved over the last couple weeks. I'm feeling too like a 'wimp' as I see so many things that need to be done but I just feel my body is telling me not too - especially when I begin bleeding a little. And my husband isn't picking up the gaps as I would like to see
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2008, 05:50 PM

I too have numbness on the surface and then I have a burning sensation underneath the skin. I am numb in parts of my belly as well. This is quite normal and will last for awhile. Please don't feel like a wimp. You are not. You have had surgery and it hurts. My husband is a wonderful help but I tell him what I need done. Is he willing to help if you ask? IHe might not realize that things are bothering you. If not, then all that stuff will just have to wait. Take care!!!
Unread 01-05-2008, 06:16 PM

Thanks jtp75 for your input. It's reassuring to hear about the numbness. I decided yesterday to call in a maid service since the house is in need of cleaning as one thing to reduce my feeling of helplessness and I think I'm going to look into having groceries delivered....if I only could get my husband to take down the Christmas decorations now. Thank you again!
Unread 01-05-2008, 10:09 PM

Maybe your husband does not realize the seriousness of what you had done. Show him the video of a TAH. That should wake him up.
Unread 01-06-2008, 10:29 AM

Hi, I've still got some numbness too, and my stomach is still changing colour with yellow bruising coming out above the cut. Proof to me that my body is still reacting to the trauma of the op.

My Christmas decorations have been taken down- it's taken a total of 4 days to happen, and..almost put away.

I feel the same wimpiness, I really want to do things, but know my body is saying no. I usually just sigh loudly and look all pathetic, and mention things a bit..they pick up on it eventually - just not in my time, in kind of a teeneger time frame(about 24 hours slower than everyone elses)

frustrating, but cute when they actually do things..
take it wasy
x
Unread 01-09-2008, 09:50 AM

Part of the pain around the incision is from the nerves in the skin coming back to life. I'm 7 1/2 weeks post-op and still have prickly skin at times. Plus swelling and tenderness especially in the late afternoons and evenings. When I whine about it to my family and friends they shake their heads and tell me it takes MONTHS to recover. But I want to be back 100% now!
Unread 01-09-2008, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patiencengrace
Part of the pain around the incision is from the nerves in the skin coming back to life. I'm 7 1/2 weeks post-op and still have prickly skin at times. Plus swelling and tenderness especially in the late afternoons and evenings. When I whine about it to my family and friends they shake their heads and tell me it takes MONTHS to recover. But I want to be back 100% now!
Am in week six and have had enough of this recovery thing. I want to be back to 100% now. Am tired of being swollen, having low back pain, tenderness etc. I feel like emphasis was put on having a 6 - 8 week recovery - I don't feel like my Dr really stressed that it can takes months to fully recover, up to a year or more.
Unread 01-09-2008, 10:29 AM

It is so weird how the internal sensitivity (pain) is located at the "peak" of my belly, way above my bikini cut incision...which has it's own sensitivity...I've tried to imagine how much moving around the dr did, stretching my belly to get better look, etc...it's easy to see why we need to take time, it's just difficult to do! the burning sensation is healing, I think...similar to itching...it's the internal stuff healing...for me, there are lot's of internal stitches from the "repair" work, maybe what we are feeling is them dissolving?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register