Excited and terrified.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Excited and terrified.... Excited and terrified....

Unread 01-02-2008, 02:20 AM
Excited and terrified....

My 6 week post op check up is 6 hours away. I have not seen or spoke with my doctor since 1 week post op. He is not very forthcoming with information, so with out this site I would have thought I was completely crazy. My recovery thus far has been uneventful, thankfully. So I am very excited to try and get back to normal, without possible injury. But, terrified that since I have had no communication with the doctor and his lack of information, I will end up with a scary surprise at my check up.

My DH has been incredible and I know he will continue to be so. ( no matter what the doctor says I'm not allowed near the vacuum or snow blower) But we have waited soooo long already to be intimate. It has been at least 9 weeks, due to menses, stress and timing pre op and then the 6 weeks post op. What if we have to wait longer? DH will understand, as always, but I don't want to wait anymore!!!!

I know, better to wait and not risk complications later. (note the tagline) I think I am just stressing out over the possibilities. I always try to prepare myself for the down side of things, so I don't lose it completely.

But I also know I need to keep it together, since my DD is going for her first ever appt. with gyn 1 hr after my appt.. I don't want to freak her out.

I needed to just get this off my chest, though I don't think I will be able sleep anyway. Just means I'll have plenty of time to "pretty up" for my pelvic exam. (you know the doctor will notice my new lipstick)

to all the sisters who have asked the questions, for which I needed answers and to those who gave the answers. As I said I would have thought myself crazy without this site.

Ultimately,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2008, 05:06 AM

Jesi7- Good luck with your appt! I hope all goes great for you! Let us know how it turns out!
Unread 01-02-2008, 05:27 AM

Jessica, best wishes at your appointment! I know, the prospects of being released are both scary and exciting at the same time! Hope everything goes well and you get the all-clear!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2008, 10:02 AM

Well now I just feel silly. I was stressing over nothing. Everything is perfectly healed and he wasn't even going to do a full pelvic exam until he remembered I also had a cyst removed. So he had to take a peek.
Confirmed "all clear".
I do have to return in October and call if I run into any problems, but other than that.....it's party time.

Tam: How did your appointment go? How bad is the infection? Hope you are better soon.

Again, Thanks for letting me freak out and vent.
Unread 01-02-2008, 03:59 PM

Awesome! I'm so glad that your appointment was great! Much ado about nothing, eh? Whew, what a relief!

And, I'm sure you know... feel free to freak out and vent anytime! And if you don't want to do it on the board, PM me anytime!

(You already know how my appointment went, from my own thread. Thanks for asking! You're so sweet!)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register