Constipation ~ help! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Constipation ~ help! Constipation ~ help!

Unread 01-04-2008, 12:10 PM
Constipation ~ help!

Try the All-Bran Buds, they are actually pretty good in yogurt, they are not hard like Grape Nuts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2008, 02:42 PM
Constipation ~ help!

Thanks for catching me before I gave my DH the grocery list.
Unread 01-05-2008, 08:48 AM
Constipation ~ help!

Although I was drinking more than plenty of water, eating high fiber diet, and taking stool softeners, nothing was working. Finally I resulted to a glycerin suppository & it did the trick!!! And much more gentle (IMHO) than laxatives. If only I had tried it sooner!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2008, 10:05 AM
Constipation ~ help!

Glycerin suppositories and regular use of Colace has helped me a lot. My biggest problems have come when I decide I'm "back to normal" and stop using the Colace and stop drinking tons of water. Then ... guess what ... the constipation is back, and we go around again!
Unread 01-05-2008, 10:52 AM
Constipation ~ help!

Walking and drinking tons of water always helped me the most, but I'm worried that with all you have taken you may have diarrhea soon, and you don't need to lose water. Water is invaluable for healing. Please contact your doctor for suppositories. They were helpful for me during my first two weeks, and worth the effort. Best wishes!
Unread 01-05-2008, 06:35 PM
Constipation ~ help!

I've also discovered that using Benefiber daily is quite effective in keeping me "going"... even now - 4 (almost 5) months post-op. I usually mix it in with my morning oatmeal or coffee. It dissolves completely, has absolutely no taste, and does not thicken your food or beverage. Great stuff!
Unread 01-05-2008, 06:44 PM
Constipation ~ help!

How long can you take stool softeners? I'm almost 6 weeks post of and have to take them twice a day? I'm also take Miralax once in awhile and eating a high fiber diet and drinking plenty of water.
Unread 01-05-2008, 06:45 PM
Constipation ~ help!

I *highly* recommend some form of high-fiber cereal every day - I ate organic raisin bran and I drank mostly juice. I also avoided foods that are known to be constipating - cheese and pasta, for instance.

Also, if you like coffee... try drinking more of it. It tends to stimulate the bowels.
Unread 01-13-2008, 06:21 PM
Constipation ~ help!

I to had trouble, still am having some lots of pressure.....I to took stool softners and the suppositries helped alot.......................good luck my princess.beacher29
Unread 01-14-2008, 11:33 AM
Many Thanks

I would like to thank all of you...

I am finally feeling much better. I incorporated bran every morning as many of you suggested and also began taking the Miralax for 7 straight days...and it really worked. Once I stopped taking it I was not able to go at all so I figure I will continue to take the Miralax for a 7day cycle off 2 days then back on until I go on my own.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register