How much did your uterus weigh? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hyster Sisters Extras and Add-Ons > The Polling and Petition Place

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How much did your uterus weigh? How much did your uterus weigh?

Unread 01-02-2008, 10:10 PM
How much did your uterus weigh?

Hi, I'm 16 days post-op and had a post-op pelvic today. Everything is healing very, very well, according to the doctor. I asked him about the pathology report and he told me the uterus weighed 500 grams. He also told me the dimensions but I don't remember what he said. I had fibroid tumors which caused heavy bleeding. He mentioned that a normal uterus weighs about 85 grams. What were your results. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2008, 10:33 PM

I am glad you posted that. I too asked at my 1 week check about the patho report. He told me the weight but I did not remember the number or what he said a normal one weighs, but I thought he gave me numbers in grams.

He did tell me my uterus was very enlarged-- 2 1/2 times the size it should have been. so it sounds like yours was huge at 500g.
Unread 01-03-2008, 12:33 AM

Good question. I haven't had my post op appointment yet. But, I did get on the scale and found that I was about 3 kilos lighter 1 week after surgery. I assumed that this was the weight of my uterus + fibroids. But, based on your numbers below, this sounds too high. I will put my results after my January post-op.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2008, 10:40 AM

My doc told me that my firbroid (one huge ) had fused with my uterus and that taking all of it out, was the size of a soccer ball. I was wearing only drawstring pants for the month up until my surgery and I looked pregnant. Got my path report back and it said it weighed 900 grams. I said "wow!" and showed report to my husband, who then said "um...tracy, that's only around 2 pounds." I could have sworn that thing weighed 20!
Unread 01-03-2008, 10:50 AM

I had a TAH and my uterus was at 14 weeks - that was after it shrunk from the 2 months of Lurpon therapy! Overall, my path report said it was 1 1/2 pounds, but the other "stuff" was about 3. Flat tummy here I come!!!
Unread 01-03-2008, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriskrat
I had a TAH and my uterus was at 14 weeks - that was after it shrunk from the 2 months of Lurpon therapy! Overall, my path report said it was 1 1/2 pounds, but the other "stuff" was about 3. Flat tummy here I come!!!
I was at 14-15 weeks, and mine weighed 1.5 lbs, but I didn't have Lupron therapy!
Unread 01-03-2008, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyellen1619
My doc told me that my firbroid (one huge ) had fused with my uterus and that taking all of it out, was the size of a soccer ball. I was wearing only drawstring pants for the month up until my surgery and I looked pregnant. Got my path report back and it said it weighed 900 grams. I said "wow!" and showed report to my husband, who then said "um...tracy, that's only around 2 pounds." I could have sworn that thing weighed 20!
Um, if my husband said that to me, I'd have him lie down, put the equivalent weight on his lower abdomen, and ask him to imagine THAT leaning on a herniated disc! I had a 1.5 lb mass doing just that, and it made sleeping on my back HELL!
Unread 01-03-2008, 12:45 PM
Tiny One

Mine weighed in at only 16 grams! I was wishing I could blame the size of my "u", on the size of my belly! Oh well, I guess I'll go on a diet! LOL
Cheryl TAH/BSO 11/23
Unread 01-03-2008, 01:22 PM

Mine weighed 550 grams.

Mary
Unread 01-03-2008, 04:16 PM

Mine was 250, but my graphic doc said "But that was without the blood, all dried out."

Oh for Pete's sake, he was bragging to my mom that is was double in size. I worked in a research lab, I know, that's just the size of a small baby rat! I suspect these docs like to say how big it is just to make themselves feel important..... Hmmmm why am I not surprised?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register