Pain with sex... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pain with sex... Pain with sex...

Unread 01-03-2008, 02:50 PM
Pain with sex...

Is it normal to have pain with sex. I have only had sex twice since my surgery and both times it hurt. TMI here but if my husbanf tried to go deep it hurt. Is this normal and will it get better I even tried being on top and that hurt also. I am not dry and my husband said everything feels the same to him and no different.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2008, 03:02 PM
Pain with sex...

I am having the same problem. I bled after the last time and went to the Dr. yesterday. He said I had uneven healing of the vaginal cuff and he cauterized it. Hope this helps the problem. I will try again in 2 weeks. Maybe your should call the surgeon who did the surgery. I am 4 months post op , you are only 2 mts. Everyone heals differently.
Unread 01-03-2008, 08:14 PM
Pain with sex...

I am so glad to find your thread! I cried myself to sleep over this last night. I was cleared yesterday and only had a problem when the penetration was very deep. I also started bleeding!! I'm going to wait a few day before trying again and try to go a little easier. I had asked my doctor if I might bleed, she said a little, and then said if it happened too much she would snorfle my husband!! LOL!! (I love that woman~!!!)

OOPS---should have said punish my husband---the word filter changed my comment to snorfle--SORRY!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2008, 08:25 PM
Pain with sex...

I didn't tell my husband when I was cleared for sex, I waited two weeks to tell him. Then I told him he couldn't go all the way in the first couple times and used ky jelly. Then slowly we worked our way back to normal. Things are fine now. But it WAS uncomfortable the first few times.
Unread 01-03-2008, 09:52 PM
Pain with sex...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccamrine
I didn't tell my husband when I was cleared for sex, I waited two weeks to tell him. Then I told him he couldn't go all the way in the first couple times and used ky jelly. Then slowly we worked our way back to normal. Things are fine now. But it WAS uncomfortable the first few times.

I hope I have the same experience as you. Wow, it was painful for me as well. Guess I will see what happens the next few weeks before I cry "uncle." DH doesn't know....I didn't want to make him feel bad since he has been such a prince these past 6 weeks.

One thing I would like to know. Do you still have your ovaries? I am post menopause so I have experienced dryness before.....but man, it really hurt this time. I am not on HRT because I had breast cancer 2 yrs ago, but may have to look at possibly getting estrogen creme.
Unread 01-04-2008, 09:39 AM
Pain with sex...

caktkk...No, I don't have my ovaries. I had problems with dryness for a little while and was worried about it. It seems to be getting better all the time. I'm not needing the ky anymore. I have read that the vaginal estrogen cream is good for dryness and vaginal tissue health, but doesn't get into your system like the pills and patches. That would probably be best for you since you had your breast problems. Of course you might want to speak to your oncologist about it, if you had one. But your gyn can definitely help you out there.
Unread 01-04-2008, 10:44 AM
Pain with sex...

I guess then it might be normal to hurt the first few times. I am so glad I am not alone on this. I will just keep trying and see what happens. Thanks everyone.
Unread 01-04-2008, 11:14 AM
Pain during Sex

Glad to hear that I am not the only one out there dealing with painful intercourse. Was started to feel a little frustrated. My husband has been wonderfully understanding but not being able to return to the sex life we had before is definitely starting to affect us both a little.
Unread 01-04-2008, 12:10 PM
Pain with sex...

I keep hoping that it is going to hurt less each time. It is painful and I have one area that hurts for days after. I haven't had any spotting or bleeding though, which is why I haven't gotten up the nerve to make an appointment with my doctor. I'm going to try to give it another few weeks.
Unread 01-04-2008, 12:12 PM
Pain with sex...

I havent had any bleeding either just the pain. I only hope is gets better.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register