Pain with sex... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pain with sex... Pain with sex...

Unread 01-04-2008, 12:49 PM
Pain with sex...

I just had my Dr order me estrogen creme. Hope this will help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2008, 01:27 PM
Pain with sex...

What exactly does the estrogen creme do? I have also just recently started having hot flashes? any recommendations?
Unread 01-04-2008, 01:36 PM
Pain with sex...

I have the cream but have never used it because I thought is was for dryness which isnt a problem. Should I start using it? The Dr gave it to me but said it was for dryness in case I needed it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2008, 01:40 PM
Pain with sex...

The estrogen cream is mainly for dryness and vaginal wall maintenance, especially if you're not taking any hrt. I hope all goes well for you caktkk.
Unread 01-04-2008, 01:47 PM
Pain with sex...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyHope
What exactly does the estrogen creme do? I have also just recently started having hot flashes? any recommendations?

ccamrine is right....strickly for dryness. My understanding is the estrogen creme will not absorb into the body so it won't help hot flashes.

I have heard soy pills are good for hot flashes as an alternative to HRT. My daughter takes them and swears by it. I can find out what the product is if you are interested.
Unread 01-04-2008, 01:54 PM
Pain with sex...

Have you heard that Soy or Black Cohorsh should not be taken if you have kidney stones? Thanks!
Unread 01-04-2008, 02:19 PM
Pain with sex...

I'm not having pain during intercourse, but I feel like my vaginal wall is rather lumpy right along my pubic bone inside. That is where I felt stitches were. I know they said "nothing inside for 6 weeks" but I couldn't help but reach up there to feel around after a few weeks wondering what changed in there. I felt spiky stitches rather close to the front of my vagina (about 2" in!), right around the beginning of my pubic bone. I told DH that the Dr. put spikes in there to keep him out for 6 weeks! LOL Those were the stitches and they have dissolved. I'm just past my 6 week checkup now.

Anyone else noticed scar tissue along the side of their vagina? I was thinking all the incisions would have been far back at the end of my vagina near my cervix! This worries me a little. It is right at DH's favorite place to rub against inside (sorry if TMI!).
Unread 01-04-2008, 02:52 PM
Pain with sex...

I do not take any hrt so should I use the cream? I just do not understand if I am not having problems with dryness will the cream help eliminate the pain I am having with sex.
Unread 01-04-2008, 03:16 PM
not alone

No, you ladies are definitely not alone - we tried sex at 8 weeks postop (was cleared around 6 weeks, but still was too achy to even think of it) and it hurt when he tried to go deep, so we couldn't. Another sister told me that she thinks Astroglide is better, so we got some, and I agree - it is. I had an appointment with my doc the other day and talked with her about it - she said it's uncomfortable because I'm tight like a virgin again, and because the rectal repairs and the fact that there were stitches all in there, and because I haven't used it for such a long time. She said to use my premarin cream applicator (I can't use the cream because I had an allergic reaction) and it will help stretch the area some, and that we just need to be patient and stretch it some.

I will tell you that we tried again yesterday with the Astroglide, and while he couldn't go deep, he got farther, and for the first time I didn't hurt afterwards or today either, and the discomfort, while still there, was less.

I know for me I have to really relax and try not to worry so much about potential pain, because it kind-of ruins the whole thing, but at the same time I'm still on guard. I do believe, though, that it is getting better each time, and we will just have to go slow and be patient.
Unread 01-04-2008, 03:30 PM
Pain with sex...

Quote:
Originally Posted by txlady07
I do not take any hrt so should I use the cream? I just do not understand if I am not having problems with dryness will the cream help eliminate the pain I am having with sex.

No, it just to help dryness which for a lot of us is why intercourse can be painful.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register