Total Vaginal Hysterectomy - TVH on 01-02-08 (chidlren mentioned) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Our Hysterectomy Stories > Vaginal Hysterectomy Stories is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators. is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Total Vaginal Hysterectomy - TVH on 01-02-08 (chidlren mentioned) Total Vaginal Hysterectomy - TVH on 01-02-08 (chidlren mentioned)

Thread Tools
Unread 01-03-2008, 04:30 PM
Total Vaginal Hysterectomy - TVH on 01-02-08 (chidlren mentioned)

Hi girls/ladies!! I guess it all started in Nov. My daughters boyfriend got hurt REALLY bad at school and they rushed him by ambulance to a local hospital with Airvac in air to pick him up there to take him to a hospital 2 hours away. I went to the local hospital as support for my daughter and his family too. That night I started a second period for that month and only 6 days from the end of the first. That was on a Monday, come Friday I thought I was bleeding to death and called my doctors office. Made an appointment since I couldn't leave work and go right then. Anyway went into the doctor on the 26th and we started the test. The biopsy was ouch! and the tests and ultrasounds were just iritating. (sp?) Talked about an ablasion and skimmed over a hysterectomy. Asked at check out how much each would cost and figured I could deal with a little (a lot of blood clots for the costs and my deductable. ) Anyway, December rolls in and again I had two periods in the one month. I am chalking this up to the stress of my oldest daughter breaking up with a boyfriend we are glad she left but still stressed with her moving back home. That is a long novel in itself. Anyway, called and asked some questions and was told to come back in and we would sign the papers needed for a hysterectomy. Took my husband since he always has questions that I can't ever seem to answer and off we went to the doctors on the 26th of Dec. We scheduled the hysterectomy for 1-2-08 and then waited for it to get here. Hoping I wouldn't have another period or be bleeding on that day when it came.

To me the wait wasn't a huge deal it was more the prep of the day prior to surgery. I didn't like the stuff I had to drink in order to clear out the bowels. To me it was the worst part of the whole operation. Honestly.

I went to bed around 9pm on the 1st got up at 4am on the 2nd, showered, oh I shaved my legs and under my arms on the 1st so that I wouldn't be hairy when I went in. But I took my shower and was ready to go. DH drove me there. I signed in and the nurses asked if I had any concerns. They put in the IV and drew some blood since I wasn't able to have blood drawn the day before with it being the 1st of the year. Surgery was scheduled for 7am. 8am I am finally being rolled into what they called the recovery room. Met the happy drug doctor and then his assistant. She put something into my IV and I was OUT in like 2 seconds. I woke up in my room with my mom and husband waiting in there for me.

I of course was in and out of it most of the day. They kept me pretty well pain free the entire time. I tried to sit up for lunch and they told me I could only sit at a 30` angle because of the spinal moriphine. When I tried to sit up at that angle I got really light headed so I only raised the head of the bed to what I could handlem My mom left to go do something just before my food came too so I ony ate jello as I couldnt' really eat anything else laying fairly flat and it being an all liquid diet. Oh the nurses will bring you as many popsicles as you like! ASK. That was my meal for the afternoon. By dinner I still wasn't sitting up straight so again I lived on jello and a popsicle. (sp?) I was doing my best to keep my water jug full with water so I could drink it but I wasn't filling the bag as much as they would have liked. I was drinking so it should have produced urine right? I was only producing like 175?gs Anyway, by morning I finally gave them 250 ?gs and they were happy.

They hadn't made me stand or really sit up until I said something around 10pm and the nurse had me stand and walk in place. She was really sweet about it. I did pretty good with this. Wasn't light headed or anything.

In the morning I asked for help in standing and did well, they took the catheter out at 8am and I asked for help to the bathroom by 9:15. Warning it will burn the first time you go, or well it did for me, but afterwards it didn't hurt or burn again. I got up and went to the restroom about 3-4 times by the time they brought lunch. Nurses seemed pleased that I was doing this on my own.

SHOWER YEah!!!! They asked if I wanted to shower and I think I about jumped out of bed to do so. I felt soooo yucky, my hair had to be a rats nest. They asked if I wanted help or if I could manage on my own, they had a little seat thing that was attached to wall and they folded that down, padded even. That shower felt sooo good!

I forgot to mention the doctor came around 5ish on the 2nd and took out what he called a huge tampon. That felt a little weird and I can't really say it hurt it was just weird feeling it coming out. From that point on, no blood!

I got dressed in my soft jogging suit and walked the floors every chance I could get my mom to do so with me. Then my dh showed up around 2:30 and I had him walk with me too. I walked slow in fear of pain but only felt the gas moving and making gurgling noises, but no real pain. They said to keep walking and it would walk the gas out.

I finally got to come home around 3:30pm on the 3rd. But honestly if they had said stay another day, I wouldn't have minded, it is the only time I get to really lay back and do nothing!

The gurgling is still going on but I still at 5:30pm now have no pain. I am noticing though just now that my neck is a little sore, maybe from laying on the pillow.

I must have been really ready as I had no fear going in, I am glad I went in and almost wish I had done so sooner. Just the though of no more periods is enough to do a cartwheel. But I'll wait until I am healed to do so.

Keep a positive thought and you'll do well!
Sponsored Links

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions

Thread Tools

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
From This Forum From Other Forums
0 Reply, Started By Hyster007
0 Reply, Started By Serolynne
0 Reply, Started By kitty cat 47
0 Reply, Started By missyhairlady
0 Reply, Started By tdkd4e


Hysterectomy News

August 1,2021


HysterSisters Takes On Partner To Manage Continued Growth And Longevity
I have news that is wonderful and exciting! This week’s migration wasn’t a typical migration - from one set ... News Archive


Calendar - Hysterectomies - Birthdays

Request Information

I am a HysterSister


Featured Story - All Stories - Share Yours


Your Hysterectomy Date

CUSTOMIZE Your Browsing  

$vbulletin->featuredvideos is not an array!