Might have a mesh problem, what did it feel like for you? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Might have a mesh problem, what did it feel like for you? Might have a mesh problem, what did it feel like for you?

Unread 01-03-2008, 09:52 PM
Might have a mesh problem, what did it feel like for you?

I'm about 2 1/2 wks post-op, and not feeling very well. I still can't sit for more that a few minutes, or it feels like a piece of plastic or something is wedged inside. I have to be laying completely flat, not even reclining, or I feel this pressure. It feels like when I tried to use the Instead cup for my period with my prolapse (not good). If you never used one, it has a plastic ring to hold it in place. Well, that's what it feels like. It hurts to stand also, like a pulling, if I stand for more than about 5-10 minutes. I also cannot stand for longer than a shower without being weak and dizzy. I did lose a lot of blood, and it was a 4 hour surgery, but still I think I should be doing better than this. I ended up looking, why do we do that?! (Sorry for the twisted smily, why is everything so funny when it hurts to laugh?!) I just didn't want to run to the Dr. for nothing and have him possibly introduce germs (or pain) if not necessary. Anyway, it looks like white mesh or something on the post. wall. Are you supposed to see the mesh? I go in tomorrow to see the Dr., just praying he says everything is ok. I am really scared, and can't imagine having to do this all over again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2008, 09:58 PM

I had rectocele repair done, is that the same thing? It did feel weird for awhile, but is fine now. I never looked at it, so I don't know what it looked like. As for your other problems, I hope your Doc finds out what's going on with you. Best wishes.
Unread 01-03-2008, 10:07 PM

Yes, I had a rectocele repair, what fun!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2008, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by butter fly
Anyway, it looks like white mesh or something on the post. wall. Are you supposed to see the mesh? I go in tomorrow to see the Dr., just praying he says everything is ok. I am really scared, and can't imagine having to do this all over again.

Please DONT feel foolish for calling the doctor when you need too!! I dont think that sounds too good but I dont know much about what you had done. Does not sound too good to me, I hope someone comes on with answers for you!!! GOOD LUCK!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register