Extreme tiredness, and swelly belly at nearly 4 months post TAH! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Extreme tiredness, and swelly belly at nearly 4 months post TAH! Extreme tiredness, and swelly belly at nearly 4 months post TAH!

Unread 01-09-2008, 07:48 AM
Extreme tiredness, and swelly belly at nearly 4 months post TAH!

I am 27yrs and almost 8 months out and feel like I should be in an old folks home. My hips, back and now neck hurt. Can't sleep, still have swelly belly, have gained some weight, and nothing fits. I have been going to PT+pilates and I love my DR. She has really helped me out. But just can't seem to get my energy back since surgery. I kept my ovaries, but have been getting hot flashes, and my moods, well I "thought" I was emotional before surgery. Compared to now, I am a true roller coaster. So, don't feel alone. Take each day at a time and if your having pain seek help from the professionals.
Good luck to all my "sisters".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2008, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blooming Rose
I am 27yrs and almost 8 months out and feel like I should be in an old folks home. My hips, back and now neck hurt. Can't sleep, still have swelly belly, have gained some weight, and nothing fits. I have been going to PT+pilates and I love my DR. She has really helped me out. But just can't seem to get my energy back since surgery. I kept my ovaries, but have been getting hot flashes, and my moods, well I "thought" I was emotional before surgery. Compared to now, I am a true roller coaster. So, don't feel alone. Take each day at a time and if your having pain seek help from the professionals.
Good luck to all my "sisters".
Hi blooming rose,
Thanks for your reply.
Sorry to hear of your troubles. It is difficult being so young and feeling like a geriatric isn`t it! I don`t really know what causes the swelly belly, but mine seems worse than ever!
Have you had your hormone levels checked? It sounds as if your suffering from menopausal symptoms...ovaries can sometimes go into shock following surgery and stop producing hormones or maybe you`ve gone into the dreaded menopause (seems mad to be talking about being menopausal at our age doesn`t it!). I still have bad days emotionally even on the HRT and feel everyday life such a struggle, but `m sure there are plenty worse and life goes on and all that!
All the best
Haf
Unread 01-09-2008, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haf
Hi blooming rose,
Thanks for your reply.
Sorry to hear of your troubles. It is difficult being so young and feeling like a geriatric isn`t it! I don`t really know what causes the swelly belly, but mine seems worse than ever!
Have you had your hormone levels checked? It sounds as if your suffering from menopausal symptoms...ovaries can sometimes go into shock following surgery and stop producing hormones or maybe you`ve gone into the dreaded menopause (seems mad to be talking about being menopausal at our age doesn`t it!). I still have bad days emotionally even on the HRT and feel everyday life such a struggle, but `m sure there are plenty worse and life goes on and all that!
All the best
Haf
No I haven't had my hormones checked and I am thinking its about time I do. During (1st wks of) recovery I was having some issues and my husband was researching for me, in fact, he was the one who found this site. Well, in his research he found that the overaries can "die" within 3-5 years after a TAH. This is due to the lack of blood to the ovaries that was produced from the uterus. So, I am starting to think that's what's going on. I just hope that my Dr. will comply with my requests. She very cool, but sometimes I can feel rushed when I am in her office. I really hope there are some solutions.
Thanks for your support!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register