Is it just me? Pain after going back to work... - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is it just me? Pain after going back to work... Is it just me? Pain after going back to work...

Unread 01-10-2008, 06:03 PM
Is it just me? Pain after going back to work...

Roserita - I had a great day too! I think knowing the week was almost over really helped.
Fibrobabe - I feel for you. I can't imagine being back so soon.
Nurselynn - Please be careful going back as it will be tough. I guess you can always try it. Don't push too hard though.

I went back to teaching at 5 weeks from LAVH. Monday was good, Tuesday was tough, Wednesday was terrible and then today was good again. In fact I felt better today than I have since surgery. Tomorrow I will shout TGIF and feel great about getting over the hurdle of the first week back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2008, 06:44 PM

Great job everyone!!!!
Nurselynn, Good luck...I will wish you good thoughts.

It is amazing how each day changes, I just keep hoping for all good days. I am so glad tomorrow is Friday and I can sleep in on Saturday.
Unread 01-10-2008, 11:11 PM
Take the time to Heal!!

Nurselynn are you pushing it? Yes, 3 weeks is not enough time!

I suggest you take as much time off as you can. You won't get this chance to heal again..

Take care of yourselves 1st, it will help your families and job in the long run.

I had SAH went back at 6 weeks & 1/2 week 7th it was a killer..I wish I had taken 8 full weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2008, 07:09 AM

I often dont get breaks...even potty ones. I think that contributed to my bladder problems. I think lifting will be the greatest challenge. I will have to insist on a nurse's aide for a week or two. But I know I am now a much more sympathetic nurse. I see women weekly who are having hysterectomy's. Most of them aren't even informed about saving an ovary as an option. These male Dr's don't get it. I invested in socks, the compression knee high ones diabetics wear. It helps with leg fatigue. Lynn
Unread 01-11-2008, 12:59 PM

Stroutwoman, you are so right. I am definitely overdoing it, but I feel so guilty for not going to work when the doctor says I should be back at work and feeling fine now. Today is day 3 of 1/2 days, and I am sore, hurting and having swelling down my legs and my girl parts. ouch!

I couldn't wait to get home today and was wishing I had just stayed home. It didn't help that dh woke me up at 4:30 with loud snores. My alarm goes off at 5:00, so I couldn't even go back to sleep. I definitely feel I can't give my best to my students right now. Anyway, I'm tired, sore and VERY CRANKY! I also have to face my 3 children after school. My dh is a firefighter who is on 24 and off 48 and today is his 24 hours on duty. No pampering tonight. I think I'm going to take Monday off and maybe even Tuesday! Hugs to all of us who have to face these work challenges while not operating at 100%.
Unread 01-11-2008, 02:52 PM

Hi There You Mentioned About At 3 Mo You Had A Leg Pain I Am 7 Weeks Post Op And I Am Stating To Get That Pain In My Leg Sort Of Where My Hip Is On The Outside And Was Getting A Bit Worried About It Did You Find Out Off Anyone What The Cause Was.... Im Not Back At Work Yet My Dr Told Me I Had To Be Off Work 12 Weeks Before Iwas Alloweed Back At Work Hope You All Feeling Well Big Hugs To You All
Unread 01-12-2008, 01:30 PM

I had a LAVH Tuesday, January 8th, and my doctor told me I could go back to work after 2 weeks. From the posts I've read, it sounds like most of you stay out longer and STILL have problems going back. Is my doctor crazy? She also told me I could drive and do stairs. The only restrictions she gave me were no heavy lifting, no running, and no sex for 4 weeks.
Unread 01-12-2008, 01:50 PM

I had my LAVH on Dec. 11. My Dr. cleared me for driving 2 wks post op, work 3-4 wks. post op, sex 3-4 wks post op, no exercise other than walking for 6-8 wks post op, and no lifting anything over 10 lbs. for 6-8 wks. I did drive at 2 wks and did fine with short little drives, now I drive all over the place and it doesnt bother me. I went back to work at 4 wks. the first 2 days were hard, and the rest have been fine. (I am a dental assistant, that requires a lot of high pace) I have avoided the gym, but am thinkin I will try the treadmill next week, and tried sex for the first time a day ago. Sorry if TMI, but the sex part was fine. It was better for my hubby to be on top. It was a little uncomfortable at first, we went slow, and I had a little wine before! I had no problems afterward! I was very relieved! I just think you have to listen to your body, and do what is comfortable for you. If you are afraid, then wait. I wish you the best, Good luck!
Unread 01-12-2008, 02:48 PM

Prior to my surgery my doctor told me that I could possible go back to work around the 2 week mark based on how I felt. I made the decision not to even try until 4 weeks and the first few days were hard. Everyone heals different so you need to listen to your body. If possible when you do go back to work try 1/2 days for the first few days or week. My restrictions were the same as most, no lifting, exercising (light treadmill fine), no sex for 6 weeks. We have a two story house and he stated stairs were fine, just go slow.

Good luck to all that are getting ready to go back to work....
Unread 01-13-2008, 08:56 PM

I had a TAH on Oct 9th and I was off for 8 weeks. I took the whole time. And when I did return to work I work 5 hrs a day for the first week. Everyone's body heals at different speeds so listen to your body and follow what it says.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register