Iam at 6 week anyone else experience exhaustion? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Iam at 6 week anyone else experience exhaustion? Iam at 6 week anyone else experience exhaustion?

Unread 01-05-2008, 11:48 AM
Iam at 6 week anyone else experience exhaustion?

Hi
Iam 6 week since my TAH, today I attempted to iron my clothes and became exhausted. I thought I get tired from driving but ironing wipped me out. It is so frustrating.
Anyone else experience exhaustion?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2008, 12:06 PM

i had very little stamina until just about 6 weeks post-op. don't get discouraged; your strength will come back! it simply takes time.

at 5 weeks post-op i was walking 30 minutes daily but needed a serious nap afterwards. i couldn't run even 1 step--- for a runner, that is a bit alarming! i eased myself back into a gym routine with my dr's ok at 6 weeks & 1 month later (3 months post-op) i took a 1 week ski trip west & did great! i am back to running & can now run 3 miles.

i recommend that you skip ironing & take a slow walk which will help build your endurance & remind you how great it is to be healthy (not something i can ever be grateful for when i'm doing any household chore, especially ironing-- teehee).
Unread 01-05-2008, 12:50 PM

Thanks,
Now I dont feel so bad after all- I return to work Monday and I had to iron my uniform.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2008, 01:08 PM
Why am I so tired?

I am just at 2 weeks, and was looking to find out why I am still tired. I guess I can see that it's normal to be tired at this early stage. I have a very active mind, and want to get things done. But, once I take my shower, I need a nap! I need to be patient, and reading about how you are just getting your energy back at the 6 week point makes me realize that.

I am torn between resting, and wanting to keep active so I don't get lazy and used to lying around! Thoughts on that?

Unread 01-05-2008, 02:11 PM

Y'know some days while I was resting & taking it easy I started to wonder whether I was getting lazy (even though I've never had a lazy day in my life). Then I peeked under my panties & saw, yup, I have an incision that goes practically from hip to hip. & I reminded myself that the majority of the incisions are on the inside! I came to the quick conclusion that I was recuperating!

My husband was sooo good to me & I reminded myself that I deserve to be well cared for & catered to. Every single day for 27 years of marriage (& 23 years of mothering) my family has known they are loved & cherished & my top priority. It was only reasonable to give them the opportunity to care for me--- I deserved it & I am confident that you do, too!
Unread 01-05-2008, 02:13 PM

Thanks...I needed to hear that! You are right...I am going to go rest now.
Unread 01-05-2008, 02:19 PM

btw, in my 3rd week i definitely overdid it doing minimal household chores for 3 days straight & the pain (which set in during the evenings so i didn't connect the 2 events) was excruciating.

lesson learned! check out the hystersister recovery guidelines...
Unread 01-05-2008, 02:20 PM

I am 91/2 weeks post-op and I am ust now not getting tired. Although I still do when I do WAY too much. It does get better, be patient with yourselves.

Barri
Unread 01-05-2008, 10:13 PM

I am ten days out and one day I may be fidgety and do more than I should because I too have an active mind and was very physically active before surgery...

I have to remind myself I am not just getting over the common flu and it will take time...

Bear in mind you've been recuperating for 6 weeks...it will take time to move up to the stamina level you once were...and that's nothing to be ashamed of!

One thing I did was have the doc take pictures of what they took out (I had a subtotal hyst with left cystic ovary removal, adhesions to the bowel and endo) whenever my hubby asks why I look so tired, or why my energy level is low, I just show him the pics! lol

Seriously, we cannot display ALL our proud scars because they are on the inside, but we have gone through major surgery and it will take time...it takes a year for the body to fully get back to where it was...be kind to yourself...you're not a wimp, aucontraire, you are a s-hero!
Unread 01-05-2008, 10:26 PM

I am almost 6 wks (TAH) and I noticed just this last week that my belly felt good. No inside pressure feeling like I had surgery. I thought wow, I'm almost healed if I can't feel that pressure inside anymore. Well I shopped for a washer/dryer today for 7 hours and after all that standing.............oops, that pressure was back big time! Swelly belly and all. So just when you think it's gone forever, WRONG!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register