Iam at 6 week anyone else experience exhaustion? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Iam at 6 week anyone else experience exhaustion? Iam at 6 week anyone else experience exhaustion?

Unread 01-05-2008, 10:26 PM
Iam at 6 week anyone else experience exhaustion?

I am in my 6th week now and yeah, I am always exhausted. Still not sleeping well, so that doesn;t help either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2008, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contessa D
Hi
Iam 6 week since my TAH, today I attempted to iron my clothes and became exhausted. I thought I get tired from driving but ironing wipped me out. It is so frustrating.
Anyone else experience exhaustion?

It's perfectly normal. I had my hysterectomy back in April of 2007. I had a total TAH but my cervix couldn't be taken out due to severe endometriosis. I was totally exhausted from the surgery for a good 7 months. I couldn't even walk around a store without feeling exhausted and I never felt like leaving my bed. So I know exactly how you feel. I had the surgery done abdominally, not vaginally. I thought I'd never get my strength back. It took time. Not the one month that my dr. promised me. It took many months, and I still tire easily. Also, you should have your blood checked to see if you are anemic. I was anemic also, and it didn't help matters any. Good luck. This is major surgery, so when a dr. says you will be up and about in a month, unless they had the operation themselves, they don't know what they are talking about.
Unread 01-06-2008, 05:29 AM

I am at 6 weeks and still have bursts of energy followed by "Why did I do that-I really need to sit down/take a nap"
I have post-poned going back to work for another week (my county school system won't let me do half days that my doctored recommended) and have some guilty/lazy feelings about that! It's so reassuring to read all of the posts on this site and see that everything I'm thinking or feeling is "normal"! I love all my sisters!!

Diane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2008, 06:58 AM

What a great idea with the pics...wish I had done that! Thanks for the support!
Unread 01-06-2008, 08:01 AM

Good Morning
I was reading all your posts --I remembered my forst 3 weeks of recovery I was sleeping alot then when I hit my 4 th week I started to become mobile. I started to drive at 3 week. Recovery is a process-tomorrow I return work wondering how I will make it. I stand on my feet all day. My employer refused make accomodations and out of retalation cut my hours and days so it would effect my benefits--the good thing Tuesday morning I have a job interview. I was on 6 week medical leave to my TAH and my manager being difficult referred to my leave as a 6 week paid vacation. Plus he didnt want honor the surgeon's note. Iam positive there will be a resolution ....hopingmy interview goes well Tuesday.
Unread 01-06-2008, 11:18 AM

Best of luck to you Contessa--hope your job interview goes well. You'll be better off with a different manager, that's for sure.

Thanks for the support about feeling more energy at week 4. I am tired, and bored, but it's only been 16 days- a little over 2 weeks. I own my own business so I will go in for a bit tomorrow and Tuesday, then I plan to take Wednesday off.
Unread 01-06-2008, 11:37 AM

I'm almost five months out and still get tired when I over do it. Although, not near as much as when I was where you are. Take it easy and pamper yourself. You have only one chance to heal right. Getting tired is your body's way of telling you to slow down, you've just had major surgery. I know it's hard when you're used to constantly moving and doing things, but just remind yourself to take it easy and why.
Unread 01-06-2008, 11:39 AM

Contessa,
I can't believe your manager. What a jerk! Remind or educate him/her about the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) which is a federal law making it illegal to discriminate against or harass an employee who takes an extended leave to resolve a medical issue. YOU are protected by law. Any good manager knows that they can get into serious legal trouble by violating the FMLA.

As for your original post....I'm in my sixth week and hoping my doc keeps me off work a couple more weeks. I have my six week check up on Friday and I can't imagine going back next Monday. I'm not physically or emotionally ready. Anything requiring physical energy, whether it's cooking dinner or walking around the grocery store, leaves me nearly exhausted. I've been trying to walk 30 minutes every day and I know that's helping with my stamina but I'm still tired...
Unread 01-06-2008, 12:01 PM

Good Afternoon
Today I slept until 8am which is a treat for me, I guess I was tired from ironing. Today I will take it easy so I can have my energy ready when I return to work tomorrow. Thank you all --hystersisters is a great site.
I have an attorney who is assisting with my situation -I thank goodness I took immediate steps. Iam hoping my interview on Tuesday will go well.
We all went through major surgery and experienced changes while learning lessons at the same time. I have mo regrets about my TAH becuase i was suffering from anemia due to heavy bleeding caused by 2 grapefruit sized fibriods. In addition I lost 25 pounds post TAH ,none of my clothes fit. I know when I return to work tomorrow they will be in shock. Iam down to a size 4.
Unread 01-06-2008, 01:41 PM

I am going to the doctor for my release tommorrow which is actually seven weeks due to his 10 day vacation over the holidays.

I was so glad to get the extra week. At week 6 I was still sleeping until 8-9 in the morning, taking a shower, resting from the effort, getting dressed, resting from effort, eating brunch than time for nap.

Wednesday - 6 weeks & 4 days - Finally felt up to housework, laundry, etc. I feel 100% better than last week.

Now I have to see what returning to work will be like . . . .

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register